PDA

View Full Version : Two: Making A Dream Come True Twice As Good

Amalia Azalin
Feb 21st, 2002, 05:11:19 PM
Amalia sat on the king sized bed within her and Warren's private chambers. She was folding clothes, softly humming a sweet tune to her unborn children. She often sang or hummed to them, it relaxed her and kept her children in good spirits. She had done the same with Lono while she was carring him as well.

She had been having pains all week, but thought nothing of them, they seemed nothing at all like when she was near birth with Lono.

She stood up from the bed, patting her stomach, smiling softly, she whispered.

"Aren't you two ready to come out yet? You can't hide in there forever you know."

She laughed softly, rubbing her stomach once more, carring the clothing that she had folded over to the drawer across the room. She never made it to the drawer though, only half way.

"Oh!"

She stopped half way, dropping the clothing that was in her hands, instantly reaching for her stomach. She tried to walk forward but the pain she felt was overwhelming and she could not go any farther. The water that now dripped down her legs told her as much. She screamed for Warren.

"WARREN!!!"

She carefully fell to the floor, clenching her teeth together in pain and frustration.

"WAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!"

where the frell is he???

Her teeth were still clenched together, sweat dripped down her face now, she was breathing heavy.

Warren Azalin
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:02:28 AM
It had started as a quiet day on Yavin IV. The Jedi where training new Padawans and the Masters held together councils to see what should be done about recent events in the universe. This would usually be a time where Warren would be swamped with work, being a Jedi Master, Council Member, and Teacher had it's disadvantage of almost no free time, but Warren had made time for the one thing that mattered most; Amalia. His wife had kept him busy the past few months having him run errands for her, after all she was pregnant with his children and was in no condition to do much of anything. Somehow though she had kept a stubborn frame of mind and against the will of himself had continued doing things for the Jedi. Warren knew well enough that a Jedi's job was never enough, but sometimes there were limits, even for Masters.

The Jedi had let himself smile as he looked up at the skies above him. It seemed Yavin was having great weather this day, opposed to the dreary weather they had gotten stuck with for almost a month. It struck Warren as ironic that for once in the longest time the sun would finally show again, maybe this was his lucky day after all....

"WARREN!!!"

The Jedi had turned the corner when he had heard his wife scream for him. It had been like this for the past few days, whenever he had gone to get her food. It seemed today she was a bit more anxious then before.

"WAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!"

Warren was closer now when he heard the second scream, this one sounding more out of pain and desperation then anything else. Normally he would wait to find out what was wrong but with the tone of her voice he couldn't let himself do that today. Warren began running as fast as he could to his quarters, hoping to see what had her so worried. He had reached the door in no time and with a breathless sigh opened the door.

Amalia lay on the floor sweating and breathing heavy, but still wore a face of joy at the sight of her husband. Warren smiled to her as he knelt at her side, he had seen enough to confirm his worst suspicions. It seemed Amalia had gone into Labor, and he had no clue as to what to do.

"Sweetheart, hold on ok. I'll get help."

Warren knew better then to leave his wifes side and as such only called for help with the Force. He knew of two people that could help him; Lisseth and Randd. The Former he had met a few weeks back during a battle and had decided to train her and her friend Andraq when there was time. The Later was a long time friend of Warren's as well as a Padawan, it seemed if anyone could help him at the moment it would have to be the gentle giant.

"Randd, this is Warren. Report to my chambers ASAP. We have a Situation here."

Warren had been sure enough to be vague in his message. After all there was no point in getting Randd worked up and out of breath when he got here. All Warren could do not was sit and wait, wait for help and sit comforting his wife.

Amalia Azalin
Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:03:19 PM
Amalia did her best to smile at Warren as he entered, she sure believed that he had taken his own sweet time in getting to her. She knew perfectly well that he had heard her the first time upon calling his name. Her thoughts were not as they should be, Warren had one cranky Jedi on his hands, though one could imagine why she was in the state she was in.

She sat quietly, gripping Warren by the arm firmly, almost roughly, a little too roughly in fact. She practiced her Jedi breathing techniques, bot really meant for this case, but the breathing techniques worked really well in this instance.

She felt a little more relaxed now, but the pain still seemed to disturb her concentration, the children held within her womb had gone relatively quiet for a time, but Amalia knew that would not last long.

"I'm glad you're here, I was worried you didn't hear me..."

She narrowed her eyes at him for a moment, breathing out deeply, but the look she gave him quickly disappeared and she smiled.

Warren Azalin
Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:59:53 PM
Warren tried to smile even as Amalia began to dig her fingernails into his arm. He could almost cringe at the pain but decided it was nothing compared to the pain and agony she was going through...

"I'm glad you're here, I was worried you didn't hear me..."

Warren turned to smile at her as he caught her glaring at him. It had only been a moment, but the look she gave him was enough to make a Jedi Master cringe. It almost made Warren wish he was anywhere else but here...

"So.... are you comfortable?"

Logic kicked in almost all too soon as the words left his mouth, what kinda question was that?"Are you comfortable?" Of course she wasn't comfortable, if she was comfortable she would be laying in bed reading one of those Datapads, not getting ready to shoot out a pair of eight pound footballs. Warren was too ashamed to even look towards her after asking...

"Oh yes... I think we outta do this more often you know. Maybe next time you can be in pain and I could be the one getting the food... HUH!"

Warren almost felt the urge to run like a madman but stayed out of love an devotion for his wife.. He couldn't help keep thinking the same thing over and over again though.

"Where are you Randd? Where are you Randd? Where are you Randd? Where are you Randd? Where are you Randd? So help me..... GET OVER HERE!!!"

He faked a grin as he waited for Randd to get there, and watched as Amalia began to tear his arm off once again...

Randd
Feb 23rd, 2002, 09:34:30 AM
::Randd sat in a cornoer of the Training Area of the Jedi. If anyone had trouble looking normal here, it would be him. At 9'8 he stood above the crowd. His huge frame gave most people the wrong idea. Most would scream and run when they saw him. few knew that he never had taken a life, nor even like to fight. He wasn't as strong in the Force as most here were. All but one area. Healing. Randd found that he could use the Healing area of teh Light Side better that even some masters. Luck was one his side. In a place where he would be a burden he had a use.

A sudden shock woke him up from his meditation. Warren. It was a sence of panic. He was in pain. Others around him were in pain. Yet, there was joy in that pain. Randd knew at once what was happening. The wonders of Birth. He had performed teh role of Nurse Maid many times. Strange being that he was male. Randd stood up and ran, He was slower than most so he used the Force to increase his speed. All the other students moved out of his way as he ran. He turned down the halls of the Jedi's living area.

He opened the door with haste. On the bed was Amalia. She was in deep labor. Randd walked to the bed. He sat down beside it on the floor so that he was as close to her level as possible. He held out a giant finger.::

"Take my hand Mistress. You will feel much better...."

::In the pain of labor Amalia asked no questions. She grabbed his finger and squeezed like there would be no tommorrow. It didn't hurt Randd though. His large frame was nothing but muscles. His race of Armordilliods were farmers. They were tough. As she squeezed Randd put out an Arua or calmness. Everyone around him started to breath slower. A calmness washed over them.::

"Pl...p....Please par....pardon my asking miss, but I n..nee..need to ask you a question. Can you feel your....."

::How could he ask this. It was a question he knew the anser to. One that was obvious. That and rude to ask in a way. Oh well, he could ask for forgiveness later. she would not care right now anyway.::

"Can you feel your contrations? If so, tell me when."

Amalia Azalin
Feb 24th, 2002, 10:44:39 PM
Amalia's breathing was much more calmer and slower now, yet she was still sweating. She did not exactly know for how long she had been this way now, but she had been keeping track of exactly what Randd spoke of.

"I think..Ten minutes apart..."

She narrowed her eyes at Randd, not normally wishing to do so, but given the circumstances, she was sure he would understand.

"...It's not like I can easily keep track.."

She let out a deep breath, keepnig her eyes on Randd. She then turned to Warren.

"How sad, this nice man knows more than my husband does about child birth..."

She gripped onto Warren's arm even more firmly than before.

"This...is the last time we do this."

Eight minutes had passed...

The pain came again...she cried out.

"Might want to make that nine!"

Her fingernails placed themselves deeper into Warren's flesh.

Warren Azalin
Feb 25th, 2002, 05:36:15 PM
"Ahhhhhhhhhh"

Warren couldn't help but let out a small scream as Amalia dug her fingers even deeper into his arm, at this rate she would reach the bone in a matter of minutes. The pain was rushing through his body like a brus hfire.

"This...is the last time we do this."

Was this his fault? Maybe, but she wasn't complaining at the time. Warren didn't know if it was her talking or maybe the pain of holding a Bowling Ball inside for that long (much less letting it out). Warren didn't know what to say so he kept his mouth shut for now, after all last thing he wanted to go was have Amalia tear off his arm while he placed his foot in his mouth. Warren faked a grin of pain as he looked at Randd.

"By the Force man, is there some way you could possible sedate her? I don't think my Arm can hold much longer."

Warren sent the message to Randd as he saw Randd stifle a bit of laughter, through all this all he could do was smile and nod at Amalia.

"Don't worry, it'll all be over soon..."

Randd
Feb 25th, 2002, 05:50:30 PM
::Randd smiled and looked at Amalia..::

"I know of birth because I have brothers and sisters. I had to raise them and help my mother when she was in labor."

::Randd got the message from Warren. He started talking to Amalia as she gripped his finger.::

"Listen to my Voice..."

::A soft echo is heard in everyones minds as Randd talked. It had a calming affect and a feeling of joy. Like one could take on the world. He let the Force rush through her body blocking some of the pain and calming her down. It rushed from Amalia to Warren healing his arm and blocking his pain. Randd told Amalia of his farm and brothers. How they played. All the time he was taking her mind off the pain and calming her. He helped her body prepare for teh birth with the Force. He felt the unborn essence in her womb. The essence wanted to be free and stay in at the same time. He just let the Force run through all three of them calming and healing. He smiled and talked on. All he could do it wait.::

"How close were your contractions when you had your first child?"

Amalia Azalin
Feb 25th, 2002, 11:28:20 PM
Amalia thought deeply, her breathing regular again.

"Hmm, five minutes, I believe."

She looked to Warren, sending him messages through the force.

I'm sorry

She looked down at his arm, trying to gently squeeze it this time.

I did not mean what I said, about never having any more children, honest.

She looked back at Randd, still holding onto his finger.

"You are a wonderful healer."

She smiled warmly at him.

She closed her eyes, feeling the children push again, wanting to come out.

Warren Azalin
Feb 26th, 2002, 12:13:20 AM
"I'm sorry, I did not mean what I said, about never having any more children, honest."

Warren smiled as he heard Amalia go back to her old self, back to the woman he had married. It seemed Randd had worked wonders with calming Amalia and for that Warren was thankful.

"Thank you Randd, I owe you one, my arm owes you one..."

Warren chuckled to himself as he sent the message to Randd. This was all new to Warren of course but he would not screw it up. With the most amount of care he could muster Warren took Amalia's hand off his arm and rather put her hand in his. He felt calmer knowing she was calmer and she was calmer knowing he was there, this was the way it should always have been.

Randd
Feb 26th, 2002, 04:29:02 PM
::Randd nodded. As a healer he needed no thanks. As a Jedi he wanted none. A Jedi is humble at all times. Even at his peak. That was how Randd planned to be. One day when Randd had his own students, that he how he will teach them to be.::

"I thank you for kind words. Just giving me the honor of being here to see this birth is thanks enough."

::Randd ran over all the things he would need some.::

"Master Warren. We will need some towels or cloth. When the child makes his grand entrance in the world we will need to wrap him in something. If you can, make haste in getting them if you can. The child will be among us soon."

Warren Azalin
Feb 27th, 2002, 10:01:43 AM
"Master Warren. We will need some towels or cloth. When the child makes his grand entrance in the world we will need to wrap him in something. If you can, make haste in getting them if you can. The child will be among us soon."

Warren had already been thinking something along those lines and had been eyeing his Jedi Robes.

"Any cloth will do right? If so then use my robes for now."

The Jedi wanted to do all he could while staying at his wife's bedside; last thing he wanted to do now was leave her.

"Yes, Robes may work fine."

Without taking his eyes of Amalia the Jedi quickly got the Robes and handed them to Randd.

"Anything else you need?"

Amalia Azalin
Feb 27th, 2002, 11:40:07 AM
Amalia gently stroked Warren's hand with a free finger that was not wrapped in Warren's hand.

I'm sorry if I get cranky, this isn't easy. One child is enough, but I'm having two.

She lay back and closed her eyes, her contractions seemed to be getting shorter with time. They had gone from eight minutes, to now, six minutes apart.

She would cry out every now and again, not able to really hold in the pain she felt. She just wanted it all to be done and over with, and quickly. She wanted to enjoy the moment of the birth of her children, but her pain was rather overwhelming at times.

She opened her eyes, a startled expression crossing her face as she looked at her husband.

"Wait! Warren! We don't have names yet!"

She seemed a little upset, which only seemed to make her pain worse. Well, if anyone could calm her in this type of situation, Warren could.

Warren Azalin
Feb 27th, 2002, 12:24:06 PM
"Wait! Warren! We don't have names yet!"

Names!?!?! NAMES?!?!?!?! In all this confusion who had time for names, sure as hell not Warren. The Jedi suddenly went into panic mode knowing he had been put on the spot and he could feel the burning rays of the spotlight.

"HOLY FECK WE NEED TO NAME THEM!?!?!?!"

The Jedi had sounded like a complete moron but working under the pressure of his wife was not one of his good points. I mean he hadn't just planned on calling them "Kid no.1" and "Kid no.2", but he thought the name calling was his wife's business, after all she was already well versed in it for him.

"Bob."

"BOB!!!"

Warren had blurted out the first thing that came to mind... obviously that was a very bad idea.

"Warren do you want one of our kids to actually be called BOB?!?!?! I mean what would we call the other one BUB?!?!?"

"Nah, Bub is a stupid na...na..na..... oh crap..."

Warren could see the veins in her forehead starting to throb as Amalia donned a face of "Run Warren, RUN!"

"Stupid? STUPID!? Ok, how bout I think and you can try pushing something bout the size of a Jawa out of you."

It seemed Warren had chosen a bad time to mess with her mood swings, he had to think of something quick or leave till this was done, and leaving was not an option...

"Alexander..."

"Alexander....?"

Warren had thought quickly by thinking about the past all those years ago.

"Alexander was the name of the Jedi that saved me and later died for it, he is the reason I carry Salvation and he is the reason I joined the Order, let alone met you.... I think it's only fitting we name our boy after him, after all it's the least I can do to honor his memory....."

Amalia's face changed to one of compassion again as her mood swing subsided...

"Alexander is a fine name..."

"Ok then, now what are we going to call her, our daughter?"

Warren thought it only fair for her to choose the name, after all he had made enough of a mess already.

Randd
Feb 27th, 2002, 04:01:47 PM
::As the two talked Randd used his free hand to take off the top part of his Jedi robes. He wore his much like a toga, so he used two parts. Also because he was to big to have to worry about washing something of that size. He ran teh Force over it to make use it was clean enough for a child to rest in. He held it in his free hand.::

"I need cold water as well. When the children come out they will not be breathing. A splash of cold water will shock there small bodies into crying. That will make them breath. A little tip for the soon to be parents."

Amalia Azalin
Feb 27th, 2002, 05:34:38 PM
Amalia kept her gaze on Warren for a long while, just smiling warmly. Once she heard Randd speak, she decided it best not to interrupt him, so she reliped to Warren via the force.

How about Alexia for the girl? Being as how they're gonig to be twins, I think it..almost fitting. Though if you don't like it, i'm sure we can come up with another name.

She slowly turned her head to look at Randd.

"There are some extra robes in the drawer over there, if you think they'll be needed."

Her mind had forgot what it was like to actually have a child. She could not remember what Lono's birth was like, it escaped ehr at the moment.

She didn't have much time to think about it now though...

Her contractions were becoming more frequent with each passing minute. What turned into five minutes, seemed more like three now.

Warren Azalin
Feb 27th, 2002, 09:34:54 PM
Warren had been sitting in hopeful silence as he waited for Amalia to respond.

"How about Alexia for the girl? Being as how they're gonig to be twins, I think it..almost fitting. Though if you don't like it, i'm sure we can come up with another name. "

Warren sat there for a moment pondering the question he already had an answer for. After making Amalia wait a moment he smiled as he sent Amalia a message.

"Of Course, Alexia sounds like a great name.... now how bout we have these kids huh?"

Warren smiled as he sent the message, now all there was to do was wait...

Amalia Azalin
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:34:32 PM
She narrowed her eyes at him again.

Hey, you wanna have a go at this tough guy? See how well you do at this.

As if on que, it all happened all at once.

"Ow!!!!!"

She clenched her teeth together in frustration. They were ready, both of them it seemed, yet Amalia was not.

"Nooooooo!"

She began to sob lightly, her teeth still clenched. She knew what she had to do. She took in a deep breath and then let it out slowly as she began to push.

Randd
Mar 1st, 2002, 09:29:56 PM
::Randd started to breath slow.::

"Remeber your breathing. Short, Short, Long. When you feel a contraction push!"

Oww....

::Randd breathed deep and turned to Warren. How could he put this?::

"Master. He legs need to be......sp...spread. The children will come out easier that way. If you could handle that...."

::Randd breathed deep. To much action for the past while. More than he needed. He used teh Force to cut on the warm water at teh sink, then dipped a rag in it. He called it to him and placed it on Amalia's head.::

"Stay calm and push.....stay calm and push..stay calm and push..sta....."

::Randd said this over and over slowly. It had a calming effect. He had to push this ability to its limits right now. With each moment he had to try harder. He would help this couple out though.::