PDA

View Full Version : My apologies

Alucard
Feb 21st, 2002, 12:59:08 AM
To the staff and members of this forum for anything I said which may be perceived as rude, but I will not stand idly by and be singled out as illegal upon these forums when in fact not a single rule of the FAQ I read was broken. To be honest I did nothing in that thread in the way of RP actions.

I’m not here to start another argument, only speak my apologies to any who may have found what I said rude. My character is a very high and mighty type and I personally dislike the actions of a couple and their own (what appeared to me at least) OOC egos.

I do not think of myself as the be all and end all either OOC or truly IC, but I will not stand silently while I am treated as nothing more than a lesser person and spoken to with rude remarks, therefore I responded with my own as many a human being would.

I am sorry and I will attempt to keep my own temper in check.

Fades into the darkness and leaves the forum.

Shawn
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:03:18 AM
I think most of us were just a little suprised by that little mishap earlier, and it perhaps left a people people irritated. I don't think there was any real harm done, but I do feel that an explanation is in order for certain parties. :)

HaeLari Draevyn
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:09:37 AM
I don't irritate very easily unless provoked too often. Besides, I give new people I dont know yet a chance to let me know them until I judge them.:)

Sith Ahnk
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:11:10 AM
*sits at the back and throws fruit*
What? SOMEONE has to be an antagonist...

HaeLari Draevyn
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:15:49 AM
*shoves Ahnk into her personal shoe box and grins, putting some hamster pellets inside for him* Don't worry about him. Those pellets are full of goodness. :D

Sith Ahnk
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:17:31 AM
Hey! Look traitor I...
Ooo! Happy pellets!
*furiously begins eating them*

HaeLari Draevyn
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:22:17 AM
*throws some "happy water" in a dish into the shoe box* That'll keep my new pet busy for a while.

Shawn
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:32:19 AM
Er, that's not the hamster food, Ankh. They're rabbit droppings. The food is over there.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:33:09 AM
*shrugs and continues to eat the rabbit droppings*

HaeLari Draevyn
Feb 21st, 2002, 02:01:42 AM
:rolleyes Hamster pellets actually are a food, I've seen it. Now who replaced it with hamster doo?

Moltar
Feb 21st, 2002, 02:28:56 AM
Well, Alucard all I can say is that you messed up.

You see kids this is the OOC Forum. Please leave all IC baggage and egos at the door. I would hate to see someone get banned because they were acting like a child in this.

So when someone hits you with a frying pan, you hit back with an anvil, a Ford F-150 Pick Up. Basicaly if you walk in here with a chip on your shoulder you will get mad and do something stupid and get kicked out eventually. I've seen it happen to more people then I can count. And a few of them are still my friends. But a great deal of them I don't talk to anymore.

We're here to have fun, remember...

Alucard
Feb 21st, 2002, 02:47:17 AM
I’m sorry Moltar, but you have completely confused me. I brought no more IC or OOC baggage into that thread, than what was brought by others, and I am the one who messed up? And here I thought this may be a fun an interesting community to participate in with some of the ideas I had for this and a few other characters, but now I am starting to see that this appears to be a very close minded community, who condone treating new arrivals as if they are little more than scum on their feet and expect them to smile and take it from behind.

Ban me if my “crime” deserves, but essentially, I see this as nothing more than people shunning that which they do not understand, without even making any effort to understand. Instead I get attitude and when I return said attitude I am the one in the wrong yet not the ones who did the same. Such a joyous fun time. I wonder, has the community lost many members to such issues? Oh, wait, you just said you have seen more people than you can count get banned.

Ta Ta, I shall leave and take my ideas someplace where people are more open minded and not threatened by something they don’t immediately understand.

I would say it was nice meeting the people here, but there have been few who have shown they posses an open mind in this thread so far, or can accept an apology, so I suppose I will just say goodbye.

Strider
Feb 21st, 2002, 03:18:31 AM
Uh, you might want to read what was typed.

Basicaly this forum is not an RP forum, please leave your character mindset at the door! We are all friends here! If you want to take on Marcus, I'm sure he'll be happy to take you on. But remember I'm not Don King (menaing you'll have to do it on your own.!

As for us treating Newbies...I know that has been an issue in the past, but in your case your the problem. If your not going to accept a Pan shot what will you do out there in the RP? Probally not much since no one will RP with you when you wave stuff off.

If you want a fight with someone else, I'm sure I can contact someone who would love to fight you, Jedi or Sith, Imperial of Rebel. Even if it's on your level (or whatever you think is your level.) or higher up.

Finally I can't accept your appology because I'm not a Mod or Admin here, and I have not yet figured out why you made people mad. But I guess it's because you want to create a guilt trip. :|

If this is not the case, then I'll see you sometime out there.

But if this is the case, then people will see it and you will not be able to do anything about it because you'll be lying to them with what ever you say.

And I guess you haven't even posted in an RP thread. Fell free to correct me though...

Sith Ahnk
Feb 21st, 2002, 03:29:43 AM
I'll fight you, I'll fight anyone (besides Nupraptor)

Arya Ravenwing
Feb 21st, 2002, 05:35:07 PM
Fight me then, Aknk. :D

And I do not know what happened last night, as I was trying to type out an RP post that bombed on my three times the night before. (THAT was frustrating, let me tell you.)

However, I do know one thing: The Force Frying Pan is relatively harmless. If you don't know what it is, and the humorous history behind it, (the Force Wedgy falls under this catagory as well) then I can well imagine how it could be misunderstood.

Even in an OOC discussion, if I had no idea what was going on, I would be quite shocked if someone whacked me with a pan. Even if it was The Pan.

Again, I still am not sure what went on last night and dont have time to find it as I'm going over my lunch break right now and have to run faster than this sentance is long. :D

Champion of the Force
Feb 21st, 2002, 05:47:09 PM
Even in an OOC discussion, if I had no idea what was going on, I would be quite shocked if someone whacked me with a pan. Even if it was The Pan.
Mr Turbogeek, your pan is hereby banned.

:: snaps pan in 2 ::

Sith Ahnk
Feb 21st, 2002, 05:47:51 PM
Arya: Let's throw down.

Alpha
Feb 21st, 2002, 09:01:51 PM
No! Don't get rid of the pan!

And just for anyone's knowledge, I will fight anyone, anytime. Except if I'm asleep. then it'll have to wait till I wake up. :) So just challenge me and I'll show up.

Darth Turbogeek
Feb 21st, 2002, 09:10:16 PM
:: Takes out backup pan::

:p

Alpha
Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:49:57 PM
Yay! It's back!