PDA

View Full Version : A friend is forever.

JediBoricua
Feb 19th, 2002, 06:47:48 PM
It seemed impossible that in such a hot and seemingly horrible world rain would pour in such a magnitude it would blur the vision. Patiently under the rain a sith commando awaited his assigned target. He has chosen a high stone pillar as his vantage point, from here he will have a clear view of the approaching speeder-limo, whose unlucky passenger was enjoying her last moments of life. Finally his dark habilities will have a worthy showcase on which to be presented to the galaxy. His mission was a simple one, infiltrate into the Twi'lek world of Ryloth and kill a little girl. But this was no ordinary little girl, she was Pao Lax, daughter of Twi'lek tycoon Gel'Lax, who some weeks ago had refused to provide Itala Marzullo's TSE with some key equipment to advance the jedi cleansing throughout the New Republic. Lord Marzullo could not allow such acts of insolence go unpunished, and he planned to make Gel'Lax an example to any others thinking of defying his will.

A beep sounded on the assassins's ear signaling the target vehicle was within 100 meters, quickly the dark hooded man punched a button on his comlink which were connected to the cities's traffic lights. One of these lights forced the limo to stop right under the pillar were the dark lord stood. Force enhancing his habilities he jumped from the monolith and landed on the limo's roof, using the force to kill all sound made by his trampling feet. Quicker than the eye could see he ignited his scarlet lightsaber and stabbed through the speeder's ceiling, killing it's driver in an instant. He then unlocked the driver's door and took his place. The traffic light now allowed him to continue his path, and so he did, without little Pao knowing she had only mere minutes of breathing left.

He drove around the city for a while, maintaining the normal path used by the driver to Lax's house. Lax, the rich man he was, lived on the wealthy side of town on a ridiculous 28 room mansion that needed a complete mountain to house it. This meant that once inside the property the sith would have no problem with any onlookers that could call in the planet's authorities and endanger his escape. He stopped the speeder, jumped out, and opened the back door. Using the force he took a hold of the girl's neck and took out a vibroblade from his ankle. He stabbed. But first he made sure he had set his comlink on record. That recording will be sent to Gel, so he can hear first-hand his daughters last cries for mercy. Not satisfied yet, the assassin used his lightsaber to slice out the two medium sized brain tails that made Twi'leks so recognizable throughout the galaxy. These were to be tokens for his master, who will surely kept them as prized artifacts. Lord Marzullo will be very satisfied, Boricua thought.

DarthHERA
Feb 19th, 2002, 09:48:32 PM
The sunshine was brilliant as it bounced in thousands of reflected rays from off the water. The endless motion of the sea, its phosphorus swirls mesmerising if one gazed too long upon it, gave the watcher a feeling of energy and and vitality.

The heat of the noonday suns as they held steady in their crisp and cloudless sky felt good and caused a light sheen of persperation to coat the tanned bodies as they basked in its favor.

The tall blonde strolled to the end of the pier, enjoying the effects of the hot temperature - the dry humid air permeated her every pore with not even a hint of breeze to provide releif. It was paradise.

But the beautiful ocean panorama was not the reason for her smile. She was the handmaiden of the Darkside, and it was the dark thoughts she mulled over in her mind not the sunny holocard setting, that set her good mood.

She passed a small boy, a humanoid, dangling a line over the edge of the jetty with high hopes of snagging one of the many exotic species of small fish that teemed in this region. Hera thought it a waste...the only useful child was a slave.... (with, of course, the exception of her Master Ogre Mal Pannis and his wife Dalethria's new little offspring). Hera thought all children should be put in leg irons and shipped to Kessel where their small bodies could negotiate the spice mines with ease and atleast bring a profit for their irritating existance.

Taking a position at the far end of the pier, she leaned against the crude wooden railing and watched for the person who was due to arrive any moment, that is, if he was coming at all.

He would have received her communique exactly 4 days ago and she had worded it so that he knew she was here to talk. She had selected this busy holiday location, out in the open, to show good faith that it was not an ambush. The newly ascended Sith Master had some news for him - news he would be errant to remain ignorant of.

She was counting on his arrival, and counting he would come alone. Her being here by herself and far removed from other Sith was an opportunity for him to ambush her if he so chose, but it was a risk she was willing to take. And as she was a betting gal, was willing a "double-or-nothing play" for the eventual payout she had planned.

The suns continued to beat down. And Hera waited.

ooc: this is semi-open, so if you think your character would fit well, please feel free to PM JB or myself.

JediBoricua
Feb 19th, 2002, 11:06:41 PM
"Who in the Force..."

Secluded in what he could finally call his little private corner of the galaxy Jedi Master Boricua was rudely awakened from a three day force trance. The reason: his datapad announcing new mail had arrived. New mail? The statement itself was ridiculous. How could anyone know where to contact this hermit jedi master who no one had heard from in years. Unless...but no; it cannot be. She must be too busy destroying lives to remember him, he was getting older by the minute, although stronger and wiser in the force too, and he had not bothered her in a long time, surely JediBoricua had lost the appeal he once enjoyed as a target for any sith, especially for her who was always seeking for power and recognition. Killing a long bearded jedi master who has not had a duel nor has use his jedi techniques for defense in years, big deal! On the other hand nobody else in the galaxy shared what she shared with him. It was with her that Boricua's past sins had been cleansed, she had personally seen the jedi's insides and knew more about him than probably any other being in this universe. He had felt the strange connection between them, even light centuries away. And surely if she wanted to find Boricua, she would. And she did.

The jedi tapped a key on his pad, an image of Hera Drenkast appeared. It was the same face JB remembered, but darker. It seemed that the dark side had begun it's corruption process of the organic, and although no regular onlooker would notice, to the trained eyes of a light side wielder the first signs were apparent. The darkness of her eyes, the way her mouth moved, the thinness of the hair. It was an unstoppable process that even the most powerful of dark lords had not been able to conquer. But a more remarkable change had ocurred on her..."so you are a master now, eh? I guess that's why you call, to show off".

"JediBoricua...hello you shmuck. Hiding from me are ya'? I think our time of playing hide and seek is over, in fact I assure you of that. I come to you in peace (disgust crossed her face as she muttered this word), at least for the time being. Let me inform you that I posses some information that will surely get your attention. It seems some friend of yours has gotten into a big pile of bantha dung because of your fault. If you want him alive come see me. Reply with a simple yes or no and I will transmit you coordinates to where our little private conversation will be held. I'm thinking a crowded tropical island full of tourist to make you feel more comfortable*grin*. Until then, Ciao."

"It's a trap"-muttered JB as the recording ended. But was it? Surely Hera wouldn't have picked such a conspicuous meeting ground if she were to try and make him one with the force. Then there was truth in her words? Was some friend of mine in trouble because of my past life? A throbbing pain ran through his body as he remembered the atrocities he had committed as a dark sider. Boricua had learned to accept his past life, he even had forgiven himself and had paid for his sins with blood and sacrifice, but his soul cleansing would be incomplete if more innocent people suffered for crimes he did, worse if it was a friend. He must go then and face the unknown, for it was better for the galaxy to loose one jedi master, than to permit another injustice be committed. Facing the hard truth of reality, Boricua prepared for a long flight to uncertainty.

DarthHERA
Feb 20th, 2002, 01:53:07 AM
Midoran - Planet of Ottega in the Dali Sector of the Outer Rim- Under the unofficial canopy of protection of the New Republic:

There were no rats. They had all checked out long ago.

There was the occassional slar-beetle that crawled along the hardpacked earthen floor, but they never stayed long either - their search for food drove them on to more fertile forraging grounds outside of the confines of the subterranean jail.

Karon Szeswicz lay on what passed as a cot, counting yet again the hairline cracks that veined all through the old painted stone ceiling of his cell as he tried to pass some time.

Captain K.E. Szeswicz - or "Zez" as he was more commonly known amongst his peers... His "peers." He tried not to dwell on that thought. His execution was soon, and though Szeswicz most assuredly deserved such justice for crimes past, it was ironic though, to be judged and found guilty for something he actually didnt do. Seems fate has a twisted humor.

He thought about the assassination of little Pao Lax so many years before. He and Boricua had been in the same commando unit and served on many missions for Lord Marzullo. They were effective and deadly. Their kills were neat, efficient and trademarkedly brutal. Karon was ashamed of the memory of it all and closed his eyes tightly shut, trying to block it out.

Pao was Boricua's last mark. Both he and Karon had eventually renounced the Sith way, Szeswicz a little sooner than his comrade, and thus the reason he was not along on that last horrible mission. The same one he was to be executed for. They had both changed their ways, Boricua finding solace and redemption within the ranks of the Jedi, Karon in chanelling his efforts to fight the slave-traders that cursed the galaxy.

He was glad it was him here, and not his friend. JB had saved his life on many occassions - either of the men would gladly take a fall for the other. It just so happend Karon got the honor first.

.....Karon lost count of the cracks, and as sounds of stirring from the guardpost heralded the delivery of the morning "meal" (which was a rude term for it) he started all over again..

Tolnima - Planet of Ottega:

Located in the outer rim territories, Ottega has an unusual number of moons and inhabited planets. 75 planets and 622 moons make a popular tourist region, and Hera had selected the tropical haven of "Tolnima" for her meeting with the Jedi Master Boricua.

Her palms itched in anticipation of the Jedi's arrival and she rubbed one against the other to keep from shifting from foot to foot, which to her, seemed worse to do. Where is he??

So much time had past, so much had changed. She could only guess that he had increased in power and command of the force from the first time she had encountered him. But then, so had she.
How she had hated him then. How she had wanted so much to destroy him, but she was unable. She was weak. She was not equipped to defeat him and he had made very sure she realised it. She had the scars to prove it. And the vivid memories and a lasting desire to see the noble Jedi bowed. It had been a slow burn. A long while seeking time and opportunity, and now, she had found both.

She had found a chink though, a small achilles heal of his past, though the fool beleived his deeds forgiven, Hera intended to force him to see his past still had the power to bend him to its call.

And call him, it would.

He was here. She sensed him far before she saw his tall frame moving in calm confident strides down the length of the pier toward her. He was without the heavy robes of the Jedi, but had changed them for a lighter material to accommodate the weather. The man stood out like beacon, a blazing target if ever there was one, and he knew it, but didnt care. Many of the tourists present noted his arrival and respectfully moved out of his way for him to pass by.

His force signature was like a clap of thunder as Hera turned her gaze on him and he was looking straight at her. With a shock, he his voice rang in her mind and it had come without any warning that it almost rocked her back on her feet.

The image of her battle years ago with him flashed from her memory - the anger, the pain, the desire to subdue him, all with one accord siezed her mind - as she heard that same smooth voice..

"Your news had better be worth my time."

DarthHERA
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:11:13 AM
She smiled her best smile for the Jedi, but he did not return the gesture.

"That's not happiness to see me, is it."

Boricua looked good. Real Good.

He had aged hardly at all - not from what she could see. He looked fit, healthy and even more powerful than she remembered.

It was perfect....She would break him at the peak of his life. Just when he felt he had no need to prove anything, she would make him bend and then, with sweet relish, snap him.

"No, "Hello, How are you?" Really, JB, your manners are about as good as at our first meeting."

The Jedi refused to be roped into her little charade of cordiallity and expelled an annoyed breath. "Why are we here, Hera?"

She was going to enjoy this - breaking the news to him. Setting her trap. Ah, yes, it was worth the wait.

She turned out to face the water, resting her forearms on the rail and Boricua stood beside her, his back against the railing, watching her as she began to speak.

"Its funny how things from the past come back to us isnt it Boricua?" (She sounded almost wistful) Old enemies, old deeds, old friends.....even old friends blamed for old deeds..."

A sinking feeling began to drift onto the Jedi. He hadnt yet caught Hera's meaning, but something somewhere in the back of his mind began to tug. And it wasnt a fond memory she was nudging to his conscious mind.

The Sith watched him like a vulture, wanting to see the moment the revelation hit him.

"Try, harder, Boricua...you will see it. Perhaps the name Pao Lax rings a bell...?" (the Jedi's back visually stiffened) ".....and oh, lets see......how about Captain Karon Szeswicz. That name mean anything to you?"

She grinned as JB's eyes looked directly into hers now and she could see his apprehension at just where this was headed.

She stated flatly and without mercy.

"He's to be excecuted tomorrow for the murder you did."

"Shall I go on?"

JediBoricua
Feb 24th, 2002, 12:46:28 PM
They had been friends, brothers, comrades. They had feasted on their enemies blood. They had been partners in crime, not to mention, genocide, murder, dismembering and many other atrocities. Both had served under the same master, and in a brief period of time they had both become the top team on the now defunct Sith Council.

Captain Karon Szeswicz had been guilty of many murders, murders so horrible that a death sentence seemed a mild punishment. But this time it was different. 'Zez', as his friends called, him had not committed the murder of Lax's little girl, in fact he had already left TSC when Boricua was assigned that target. It was Karon's detraction that ignited the inner debate inside Boricua's soul. Boricua had killed that girl, and now his friend was going to take the blame, and the sentence.

The jedi could see the smirk on Hera's face. She had made him travel millions of miles to see him suffer once again, to make him face his horrible past and confront the shadows that lurked in the confines of his being.

Beside all this aprehension, Boricua could see the beauty of Hera's plan. Surely her wrath and dispise for him had grown with the years, and she must have been looking for something to bring the jedi back so she can finish her job. But this was not all, this situation did not made her an aggressor, merely and informer, and Boricua had his hands tied, he could not touch her.

Nonetheless, she was a sith, and they tended to lie, without proof Boricua could not make a decision on what to do.

"That's impossible, Zez did not kill Pao Lax..."

"Who did then?"-She asked, a playful tone on her voice.

"I...."

DarthHERA
Feb 25th, 2002, 12:17:20 AM
Hera moved a step closer to the Jedi, leaning her body into him and wrapping her hand around to stroke the side of his face. The move was reminiscent of a spider crawling onto her prey as it hung suspended in her web, her fangs bared to inject its paralysing venom into its victim's body so she may devour him at her leisure...

Boricua eyed her, unmoving.

"Its ok, JB.." she consoled soothingly, the pain for him obvious at the memory of the past deed was a delicious reward. "....I know it was you. (stating bluntly the obvious was like a blow to the head) ".... Sometimes we are done with the past, but the past is not done with us..." Her concern for him reeked of insincerity as the gleam in her eyes declared her own twisted enjoyment.

She ran her fingers down through his beard and came to a stop on his chest. "You were close to your friend, I can see. But dont worry - it will just be our little secret - well, once Szeswicz is dead that is . No one will know...

The thought of he and Hera sharing anything common, let alone something of such a personal nature, was repulsive to Boricua. And still the Sith went on, her hand now tracing a laconic loop across the Jedi's chest. "....I could, if you wanted... help you prevent this injustice"

Boricua had had enough. he snatched her hand and the force of his grip almost cracking the slender bones of her fingers.

"I dont need your help Hera. I will find him and set this right myself."

He made to push past her and storm off, but she clutched onto his garments and yanked him around to face her again.

"There is no time, Jedi!" (she hissed) "He is to be executed in the morning - that gives you less than 15 hours or so with which to locate him, travel there, and save him. You havent the luxury of denying me Boricua."

"You're lying."

It was pathetic. His inner sense knew she was telling the truth, but he wouldnt give in.

"How do I know you have any idea of where he is, or even if it is him they are executing?"

She reached into a small leathern pouch that hung at her waist and upon opening it, withdrew a small item. She held it out for the Jedi to take.

The ring was one of three. Thick round white gold with a square front - the symbol of a blacksmiths anvil emblazoned in jade and the insignia of their old Unit in the centre. It signified their loyalty born out of the fire and hardship of their commando creed. It was one that three men had had crafted to signify their pact of loyalty one to another within their assigned unit. One was owned by Captain Tenner, who had died years ago from a bout of pneumonia. The other was Boricua and the third, Karon Szeswicz.

She had him! His face told her as much. Again her approach shifted and she became business-like.

"I will take you to him...show you a way to avoid the guard that has been set to keep him, (and thus avoid any of that awful killing stuff you are so sensitive about. All in plenty of time to save his pathetic neck from the chopping block.

You in return, will see that I get access to a certain Governor's chambers that are in the same vicinty as the prison. The planet is under the protection of the NR and I need you to vouch for me. Your good name, Master Boricua, can open many doors.."

A cloud formed on the Jedi's face. "Why do you need access to..."

She interupted him, flaring angrily. "You needn't know the 'whys' for anything Boricua. Ignorance is Bliss, dont you know. All you need to know is how to rescue your friend. I need your good name. We will accommodate each other and both of us will go home happy. You will tell the authorities I am your Padawan, and no one will ask awkward questions.

Do you agree?"

She waited.....the closing of her net so very very close..

JediBoricua
Mar 9th, 2002, 10:25:06 AM
The choice for Boricua was clear. He could not let his friend die.

The real problem was that someone had to pay for the crime, and that someone was him. He had repaid the debts he had with the galaxy by becoming a jedi and helping to bring peace to every corner of it, but the pain he had taken from the Lax family was something he could not give back. Throughout the years Boricua had kept close contact with the families of those who had been he's victims, he had done as much as humanly possible to aid them for unanimity, financially as well as spiritually. Lax had not been an exception, he did not need monetary help, but his sanity was on the brink once he saw the holos of her little girl brutally murdered. His first request to the jedi once he was a padawan was to send a contact to his family to act as a spiritual councellor. As a result Lax recovered, left all his over the law antics to begin a legitimate enterprise making fighter parts for the New Republic. But all this was not enough, once everything was over Boricua will turn in to the authorities, and let them decide what to do with him.

But all this was the future, there was a more closer and dangerous variable in all this, and she was standing next to him. Hera wanted something, somethin evil of course. He had no choice. He had to stick with her for now, knowing without a doubt, that it was all a big trap set to trap his spirit and send it flying into the abyss of the dark once and forever. When all this was done could Hera be fully satisfied, if such a thing could ever be possible for a sith.

I'll go Hera, but I will never leave your side. You may have me against the wall now, but I have a lightsaber that can cut through durasteel...-Boricua thought.

Without meeting her stare he said: "Let's, go. NOW"

DarthHERA
Mar 10th, 2002, 06:41:56 PM
She flashed him a beautiful smile - Hera could turn on the charm when she got her own way, even with a Jedi. She linked an arm through his and to all outward appearances the two looked like old friends just reunited.

"I knew you'd see things my way, Boricua. We will take your ship."

They walked the length of the pier, the calmness of the setting a stark contrast to the chaos Hera had in mind for both Boricua at her side, and the Governor and his friends on Midor.

Once inside the cockpit of the Jedi's transport, Hera pulled from a small knapsak a woven beige padawan robe and smirked at Boricua's look. She could tell he was wondering how she came by such a garment - the conclusion was not a happy one.

As they were cleared for departure from Tolnima, Hera herself punched in the co-ordinates for the planet Midor five hours away.

Boricua stiffled his anger at the Sith. "He is on Midor? He is this close? I could have found him in time without you Hera."

She shrugged as she slumped her lean body into the copilot seat beside him. "You so sure about that, JB?" She was laughing at him again. Her confidence had only grown since his aquience to her will and Boricua wondered what other ploys the Sith hid behind her ice-blue eyes.

"On our approach to Midor, I will assume the role of your Padawan - but be sure I will be watching you like a hawk Boricua for any tricks you may try to pull. And remember - your friend's life hangs in the balance..."

The only sign he heard her was the raised vein throbbing in his temple, as he expertly manuevered the ship out into the streaking stars of space.

Hera lifted her foot and rubbed it along Boricua's calf, her voice mocking, "Why dont you put that on autopilot JB, and Ill show you a Sith-kinda way to pass the travel time.."

JediBoricua
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:55:58 AM
Ignoring her last remark Boricua left the cockpit and headed to his private chamber, he was not worried about Hera, if she wanted him dead she would have tried it already.

He needed to clear his thoughts, to get in touch with the living force.

Once in his room JB sat down and concentrated. It was a familiar sense, that of being one with the galaxy, but one that never ceased to amaze him. He could feel the black surge near him, Hera was around and she was not thinking happy thoughts. Scanning her would be useless, he knew, she was a sith lord and those with her rank have more than one way to block any attempt of mind reading. He moved past her, out to space, he travelled faster than light, faster than his ship, to the planet Midor. Scanning through the planet's surface he found what looked like a max-security prison. Hundreds of souls were in it, most of them angry, scared, the dark side had a strong presence there. Boricua touched each prisoner until he found Lez. He seem calmed, he had sure changed a lot since the last time Boricua had felt his presence. It seems he was willing to take the blame for Boricua...A friend is forever, Boricua thought...

Gently Boricua said him:

Worry not, I will not break our pact as friends, the guilty will face justice and not let innocents die

As his message was sent a claxon brough Boricua back to reality. It was the signal that they would be leaving hyperspace in thirty seconds. The time had finally come, ahead only lay uncertainty.

DarthHERA
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:58:53 PM
Boricua stepped from his private quarters and Hera didnt even bother to look over at him as he again took his seat beside her.

"Only old men and monks need naps in the afternoon Boricua. I trust you atleast were able to communicate with your pitiful friend?"

Hera was fishing, and obviously so. But when JB thought of it, it was only logical he would try to connect and perhaps bring some hope or comfort to his old comrade. Hera laughed at him out loud, and shook her head as if he were hopeless.

Responding to the hail from Midor Communications and Border Police (no doubt funded and supplied by their benefactors the New Republic) she announced "Show Time".

She flicked a switch for JB to identify who they were to the authorities, her blaster aimed at his head and Zez's ring which she had shown him earlier pointedly displayed on her trigger finger. She mouthed the word "friend" and gave him a wink.