PDA

View Full Version : Okay I know this is borderline spam, but...

Charley
Feb 17th, 2002, 01:31:07 AM
SOMEBODY TALK TO ME

Tell me whats going on, how you're doing, whats going on in your life...maybe just cheer me up in general.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 17th, 2002, 01:33:35 AM
I wouldn, but I don't see you on AIM. My trillian buddy list was much more thorough.

Charley
Feb 17th, 2002, 01:38:18 AM
I'm not on AIM right now because I'm at one of my project members houses right now, and not able to access my messenger.

The sad thing is, when I get back to my room, our connection is so crappy I likely still won't be on :cry

Morgan Evanar
Feb 17th, 2002, 01:45:41 AM
That sucks man... I need to get to bed, so you take care.

Charley
Feb 17th, 2002, 01:58:14 AM
Okay...I'm done for tonight, so I'm gonna head to the homestead and crash. I have another 12 hour workday tomorrow.

DarthHERA
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:10:56 AM
hm, the lads have retired for the night.....*looks around to make some mischief*

Live Wire
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:20:17 AM
Im sorry I wasnt here!! I was out to the movie with a friend. :(

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:23:37 AM
Anyone else about?

Mu Satach
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:28:36 AM
I'm around... I'm up waiting for a stupid tv show to come on... I haven't vegged for a whole week...

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:31:07 AM
Australia is WTF'ed right now.

A speed skater won a Gold Medal at the Winter olympics.

WE DONT HAVE SNOW HERE!!!! IT'S HOT!!! THERE IS NOWHERE TO ICESKATE!!!!

How did that happen?!?!?

Mu Satach
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:34:28 AM
Hang on, I'll get the "official" results. :D

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:37:16 AM
I need to see the video of this Aussie win. I just dont believe it

Mu Satach
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:50:52 AM
ahhh... here's a better story about it with pics. :D

http://www.wintersports2002.com/oly/view/0,3949,70000939,00.html?

the first pic is of the Korean takin out the american and the canadian, the second is Steve right after he crossed the finish line.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 03:01:42 AM
That is sooooooo priceless. You couldn't have paid to get something like that

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 17th, 2002, 03:09:47 AM
:lol its a great story! Look, dreams DO come true!

Mu Satach
Feb 17th, 2002, 03:11:49 AM
I wish I would have recorded the two commentators afterwards... they were stunned and shocked... plus both were doing almost the same hand movent while they were talking and their rythm of speech had this weird beat to it...

I can't describe them but they had me rolling off of my couch... with the looks on their faces and such.

of course it might just be that I'm extremely tired right now and I tend to find everything funny when that happens. :)

:crack

Laran Katern
Feb 17th, 2002, 03:13:29 AM
GAH! it's just skating! not ice skating!!!

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 03:14:04 AM
I heard the Aussie on the radio. His tone of his voice was "I really won?!?!?"

Oh man, I wish I could see the broadcast ^_^

Mu Satach
Feb 17th, 2002, 03:31:46 AM
I'm sure you guys will be getting footage soon... I mean, your guys 1st winter olympic medal... =)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:06:15 AM
I'm sure it will be plastered everywhere. This guy will be an Aussie legend for years to come, I am certain of it.

Good on him.

I wonder if they had problems finding the right Anthem?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:15:35 AM
News report I just heard - "In the leading story, Australia wins a Gold Medal in Speed Skating..... and no this is not a joke"

Taylor Millard
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:23:05 AM
:lol LMAO that is a classic headline. Man I wish I'd seen it.

We taking bets on when the Disney Movie's gonna come out? ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:35:20 AM
:lol :lol :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:43:21 AM
Hey, I like Cool Runnings. :D

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:59:38 AM
So did I.

Eddie the Eagle is a legend as well.

Frank Harrigan
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:59:45 AM
These olympics are fuxored... we lose our gold and now we have to split it with a bunch of whiny Commies, and we get beaten in a 1000 meter by a country that's never seen ice on it's own soil... well, water anyway

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:03:10 AM
and we get beaten in a 1000 meter by a country that's never seen ice on it's own soil... well, water anyway

And where 95% of the population thinks snow is dandruff.

Frank Harrigan
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:04:28 AM
:lol
We LIVE in snow houses... ice forms our floors... we should win every bloody winter olympic contest, our whole lives are like winter olympics

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:17:43 AM
Can you explain to me what this "snow" stuff is then? They tell me its frozen rain that falls from the sky in white fuffy bits. Is that right?

From www.news.com.au

--

Bradbury wins gold

AAP
17feb02

SPEED skater Steven Bradbury believes someone was looking after him when he won Australia's first Winter Olympics gold medal in one of the most bizarre races in Games history.

Competing in his fourth Olympics, the 28-year-old from Brisbane won the men's 1,000m short track here tonight when all of the other four skaters in the final fell on the last corner.

"Some would consider it a freak the way I won the gold," Bradbury said.

"I obviously wasn't the most deserving guy out there on the ice and not the strongest skater in the final, that's for sure.

"But I've put in heaps of work over the past four Olympics and perhaps something like this is freakish.

"I might not be the most deserving guy in the field but I won the gold and I'm stoked about it."

Bradbury was last of the five skaters by some distance going into the final corner when hot favourite Apolo Anton Ohno of the United States, who was leading, fell in a tangle.

The fall brought down the other three runners, leaving Bradbury to cross the finish line in a time of one minute 29.109 seconds, astonished but delighted as Ohno, lying on the ice, desperately tried to get his skate across the line first.

The American slid across to claim the silver in 1min 30.160sec while Mathieu Turcotte of Canada, also scrambling off the ice, took bronze in 1min30.563sec.

Ahn Hyun-Soo of South Korea was fourth in 1min 32.519sec while the only other finalist, China's Li Jiajun, was disqualified.

The crash followed another earlier in the night which allowed Bradbury, a member of the Australian team that claimed bronze in the short track relay eight years ago in Lillehammer, to win his semi-final and advance to the final.

"I played the same tactics in the semi-final and final, which was to stick at the back of the field and wait for the accidents to happen and they did," he said.

"Everyone went down both times.

"Someone's looking out for me today and I'm glad that they did. It's the nature of the sport of short track, especially at the Olympics.

"Maybe not to such an extent with four guys going down at once, but I was going into that final expecting two guys to go down, which would have left me with bronze and I would have been absolutely stoked with that."

And the picture from www.smh.com.au shows him with the "Oh my god, I just won?" expression that should be framed.

Darth Viscera
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:52:43 PM
Snow is basically that stuff that forms in your freezer after a while. It's white and it's fluffy, like a kitten.

Charley, yesterday I gave my neighbor a copy of LOTR and showed off the DivX standalone machine I had built for my mom, diagnosed a LAN problem, went to see the movie "Hart's War", which was good, ate mexican food for lunch, and rented three DVD's (Terminator 2, The Matrix, Star Trek: Insurrection) to burn to my DivX collection and started burning them.

Charley
Feb 17th, 2002, 01:05:15 PM
Wow...that is freaky!

Congrats for the Aussie. I think its kinda funny that even though the American fell down, he came in only about a second behind. :D

Cool stuff Vis. Good luck on your burnamania.

Darth Lynch
Feb 17th, 2002, 01:25:14 PM
After waking up this morning with a hangover celebrating my bros birthday we watched that......saw each one fall and while the camera was on the wreck of the three several seconds passed..and then someone came in view and went pass them.

The Aussies win!

The Aussies Win!

The Aussies Win!

Everyone first let their mouths drop open before cracking up laughing their asses off.

It had to be one of the most comical events of the last two days.

Oh yeah..I FINALLY SAW LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!!!

Tonight...its no way out

Frank Harrigan
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:53:02 PM
Yes, No Way Out.... should be the steaming pile of crap I've come to expect from the WWF

ReaperFett
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:03:55 PM
I dont know what was funniest, the way the Austrailian won, or the way the one that finished second dived at the line like a war hero shielding his squad from a grenade :)

Frank Harrigan
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:10:31 PM
Imagine how he felt though...
*100 meter dash? Sure*
*high jump* Okay, I'll give him that*
*But no way an Australlian beats me on ice*

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:16:04 PM
Imagine how the Aussie felt.

"Okay, I'll just hang back here... it's really cool to be in the final.... I'll just finish,..... hang on.....oopps....... Hey I crossed the line first....I won??? I did?!?! I really did?!?! Is this some kind wet dream?!?!"

And Australia as a whole this morning says...

"we have ice skaters???"

Taylor Millard
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:18:50 PM
:lol The Dallas Morning News was going, "The Australians Won What?"

I just know the win'll be a part of the "Lighter Side of the News" tomorrow on my radio show. :lol

Frank Harrigan
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:20:14 PM
"I played the same tactics in the semi-final and final, which was to stick at the back of the field and wait for the accidents to happen and they did,"
:lol

Moltar
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:43:07 AM
I can remember about being this board....If people would IM me, then I could talk to people and get stuff going. Something to pass the time....