PDA

View Full Version : Is Darth23 seriously considering leaving

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 16th, 2002, 11:53:19 PM
I am just wondering do you think he is serious or is he just upset over not being able to use his avatar.

JMK
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:02:42 AM
Well considering how he gripes over just about anything, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in haste. As much as we value his input here, do we really want someone who complains over the every moving of threads, re-naming of forums and limitations of avatars/signatures? If he wants to leave like that, fine. I've let him know that I'd like him to stay, but I won't beg. If he does chose to leave though, do we let him back in when he comes back? ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:09:37 AM
He has said this before, I almost though he was going to leave when I moved that one thread of his, more than likely he will not come in here for a couple of days but he will come back he did even after the Courscant City revolt, so I doubt he will leave like that, unless he has other reasons that we don't know about.

Q
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:56:20 AM
Why exactly couldn't he use his avatar? Was it over the filesize limit?

JMK
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:23:51 PM
Yeah, I think that was the problem, and he threw a hissy fit. It's fine for his signature, but he wants it as an avatar.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:31:17 PM
He seems okay now, I think he was just being scarstic, I'd be shocked if he never came.

JMK
Feb 17th, 2002, 01:51:41 PM
My problems with this place have been increasing, this is just one more tiny thing that adds to the pile.

OK.
Is this guy for real? From the sound of things, he doesn't have much of a life outside this forum. He has increasing problems with this place? What is this? A teenager living under his parent's roof? He's beginning to sound like some TPM bashers when they realized the movie wasn't made for them! Should we open a new forum for him only? Geez, to have a gripe about something is one thing, but to pout over everything and to threaten to leave unless the forum is catered to your every whim is outright ridiculous!

Champion of the Force
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:57:36 PM
Why exactly couldn't he use his avatar? Was it over the filesize limit?
His avatar (which he claims he's been using since TPM) was 27kb and thus couldn't be uploaded and used here.

He asked if we could up the avatar limit to 30kb - I said that we have these limitations mainly for the benefit of the roleplayers who love using lots and images and the like to keep things loading at an acceptable ratew. When he persisted and I told him that it wouldn't be happening anytime soon he then stated he may just leave.

Now, I know it might not seem that big a deal to just up the avatar limit to 30kb, but quite frankly I don't want to do it because his attitude just sucks IMHO. Pretty much his argument is 'I use this avatar everywhere else - I should be able to use it here' without any real concern over why we have these limitations in the first place.

If he leaves, I say let him. As JMK said I'd rather lose a member than have that member remain and complain and whine over every 2nd decision the staff makes. He's been a great member of the community but I admit I'm getting a bit sick of having to debate everything I do with him. |I

Champion of the Force
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:59:17 PM
One other thing - I'd like to ask that Ogre, Nup and other staff members not involved with this section to remain out of it in case this thing develops into an argument (which it could very well do if Jon and some others - possibly CB - decide to enter in their opwn thoughts). I'd rather not have us all involved. :\

JMK
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:55:46 PM
I say let him take his pouting somewhere else if he can't accept the limitations here. You're right, his attitude does suck. He's acting almost as if the staff here (admins specifically) owe him something for being here so long. Feedback is a good thing, but not the way he presents it. If I were you, I'd tell him to suck it up, and stop complaining, or leave.

Champion of the Force
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:10:11 PM
Now that I've had time to think about it a bit more I think I might try to e-mail him shortly and discuss it in private rather than leave the present discussion on the board for all to see.

ReaperFett
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:12:18 PM
I think we should leave it. Why cover up someones opinions?

Especially if they are easy to counter ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:45:05 PM
I doubt he would he can't whine on Courscant City :P You think he is becoming as bad as Jon if thats possible, look at the whole debate with Marcus over the Australian Box Office, even Jedieb thought Marcus had won and (JMK you called it) back came Darth he didn't want to lose. I'd say if you want to email him go ahead and ask him what are the other grievences he has with the board I am curious to know since he has never said a word about being disastsified except that time I moved that thread of his and went and had a tantrum.

Champion of the Force
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:36:59 PM
I've e-mailed him and am now awaiting his response (if any).

Until then I think we should just let the present thread sink, unless Darth decides to continue posting his grievances in the public domain.

JMK
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:46:01 PM
I'd be interested in knowing what his problem is too. I don't ever recall having a problem here, or on ezboard. Except for when I was unable to post. But that was only a technical problem. I can't see what can be SOOOOOOO terrible that he must throw a tantrum.

This whole thing reminds of then I was 6 and my mom would tell me to clean my room:
"But I don't want to clean my room! It's my room it's allowed to be messy!"
"It's my house and you'll do as I say".

Then I would pout all day long. But I did clean my room.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 17th, 2002, 11:13:22 PM
I know and its wierd to I think he is older than me (I was under that impression because he has bragged that he went to see the original films in theaters unless he was really young and is exageratting stuff) and so why would he act this way? I remember when he went nuts before I asked Qui Gon when he PMed me about that whole thread fiasco, he said he didn't know how to handle him either, makes me wonder if he pulls this stuff over in CC land.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:29:48 PM
Hey Champion did Darth email you back? Just curious thats all. I noticed he didn't post anything today, which doesn't really mean anything.

Champion of the Force
Feb 19th, 2002, 05:14:55 PM
No response yet.

Until he makes any further comment I'll consider the matter closed.

Charley
Feb 19th, 2002, 05:50:21 PM
Can you link me to this incident?

Champion of the Force
Feb 19th, 2002, 05:57:27 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12085

Edit: Interestingly Darth hasn't been posting since the above thread either, though he has certainly been visiting every day..

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 20th, 2002, 01:16:51 AM
That's odd of course he may just have found nothing that interests him to comment on. I am not worried about it if he posts, he posts, if he doesn't, he doesn'ts.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 21st, 2002, 02:42:52 PM
Since Yog was really nice and reduced the size of his avatar you think Darth will drag his butt back here? I have noticed he didn't come here at all yesterday, does somebody want to email him to let him know how nice Yog was for him.

ReaperFett
Feb 21st, 2002, 02:47:33 PM
He was here earlier today

Sanis Prent
Feb 21st, 2002, 03:09:22 PM
In my experience with him, he's somewhat of a habitually high-strung whiner. I dunno (shrug). And he once said *I* was a drama queen.

JMK
Feb 21st, 2002, 03:21:38 PM
:lol Now that's funny!
I think you've made the best description yet!

Champion of the Force
Feb 21st, 2002, 04:26:55 PM
Well I've never really had any problem with him. The only times we've really disagreed in the past was over SWFans moderating/administrating policy.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 21st, 2002, 11:10:43 PM
I usually get along with pretty well until I moved that one thread of his then he screamed at me and basically called me a Nazi (if he knew me better he wouldn't say that:p ) He does whine sometimes and I guess Jedieb got tired of it and decided to ask if anybody could help him out, actually thats all Darth had to was ask to see if anybody could resize it, instead he acted like a jerk, oh well I guess this crisis is over.

JMK
Feb 24th, 2002, 01:13:06 PM
It's been 3 days, I don't think he's posted since the "incident". Do you think he jumped ship?

Champion of the Force
Feb 24th, 2002, 05:06:51 PM
He's been visiting the board everyday, but hasn't posted.

Personally I haven't really missed him. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:06:29 PM
I don't know myself, Yog made a peace offering by reducing the size of his avatar and he still hasn't changed it. Does somebody want to email him and find out how is he doing and let him know about what Yog has done for incase he hasn't viewed that thread. (Has he?) Any Volunteers?

Champion of the Force
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:23:46 PM
Well I'm not really inclined to e-mail him again - he never responded to my earlier e-mail. As for him not seeing the thread again, well we must remember that the thread was restuck up the top of the board for another day or 2 and he's been visiting nearly everyday (even if he isn't posting). I daresay he's seen it but hasn't bothered making a comment.

I say just leave him be. If he wants to post again he can.

Shawn
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:29:43 PM
He said he had some other complaints, so that may be why he's not posting. I just wish he'd voice these complaints, rather than keep them bottled up inside.

Champion of the Force
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:34:08 PM
Well I asked him for more details in my e-mail to him. If he doesn't let his problems be known we can't really help him.

ReaperFett
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:36:08 PM
Maybe we should pay for surgery for him to remove the pole from his rear end, then he might talk :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:37:55 PM
If he is coming here then he will probably post again, I guess I shouldn't worry about it I am sure he will start saying something eventually.