PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Light and Dark(Dasquian Belargic)

Malice Draclau
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:02:27 PM
After many weeks the sith knight returned to the old jedi temple....where he had met a couple of jedi a while ago. They were Aaron and Dasquain Belargic, twins that Maice and a fellow sith from TSE had engaged in battle, but it was never finished.

So now Malice took it upon himself to beat these brothers one by one. It was bright and clear, with a slight breeze. Malice stood at the foot of the stairs, letting the darkside flow from his body.

*I am waiting for you jedi.....*

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 17th, 2002, 11:37:32 AM
Footsteps echoed from behind the darksiders as the doe brown leather boots of the Jedi fell against the stone. Dasquian stepped as far as the top of the stairs, looking down at Malice.

"You have returned once more to try and gain entrance, hmm?"

The Jedi folded his hands behind his back, his face pale and emotionless as he watched the Sith.

Malice Draclau
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:22:50 PM
Malice simply nodded his head yes.

*Indeed i have jedi....i still have plans for destroying this rundown temple. I see that you are still bent on protecting it hmm?*

Malice slowly made his way up the stairs, keeping his hand near his saber but not igniting it.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:39:58 AM
"Aye, as I said once before - you shall not pass."

Dasquian kept his hands neatly behind his back still, spinning his saber hilt between two fingers.

( OOC: Sorry about that wait! ^_^; )

Malice Draclau
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:49:29 AM
OOC:LOL i was wondering what happened to you. WB

IC: As Malice reached the top he now stood face to face with the jedi, his dark blue eyes staring into his eyes.

**Why do you protect something with so little meaning. This building this....temple has been vacated for a long time, save for you and your twin. Now why put all your effort into something that will be torn down sooner or later*

While asking this question, Malice began drawing on the darkside. Evil intentions ran through his mind.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 2nd, 2002, 04:04:27 AM
"It will never been torn down - it shall withstand the tests of time, as unlike your Sith crafts it has purpose and is a remaining mark of the good on this planet,"

Dasquian's violet-brown eyes stared back into the melancholic eyes of the Sith, his face expressionless now.

( OOC: Just forgot all about it :lol )

Malice Draclau
Mar 4th, 2002, 11:58:21 AM
* A remaining mark of good is it jedi?*

A sly grin crept across Malice's face.

*Well in that case this temple has lost all meaning. For there will be no more good once i get rid of you and your brother*

In one quick motion Malice hit Dasquian with a hard headbutt nailing him right in the face. Using force speed he aimed a kick for the jedi's chest.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 4th, 2002, 01:28:36 PM
Dasquian stumbled backwards but quickly caught himself and leapt further backwards away from the Sith's kick. Within seconds the orange beam of his saber had leapt to life and was hooking upwards at the Sith who stood still in the wake of his attack.

Malice Draclau
Mar 5th, 2002, 03:14:13 AM
In one fluid otion Malice brought is saber from his side thumbing one side to life he swung it downwards whacking Dasquians saber away from him.

*Finally we shall settle this. Let us make this a grand fight now*

Quickly going on the deffensive, Malice powered his speed using the force and began slashing left and right using both sides of his saber.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2002, 11:53:08 AM
Dasquian followed suit and span his saber almost in a continual disk to deflect the saber shots. Eventually an opening came, and he lunged a strike forward at Malice's right shin. The Sith moved to defend, and the Jedi took to chance to launch a kick solidly into his gut, knocking him backwards.

Malice Draclau
Mar 6th, 2002, 02:14:22 AM
Malice went to one knee grabbing his gut. Taking in a deep breath Malice put one hand up reaching out with the force Dasquian suddenly fond himself moving forwards......straght towards the sith.

Standing he ran forward hitting the Jedi square in the face with a punch. Upon Knocking the jedi backwards Malice ran and jumped up over the jedi landing behind him. Malice drove his saber forward, heading straight for the on coming jedi's back.

*Once you are finished...... this temple will become my plaground for killing*

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 6th, 2002, 12:01:12 PM
He fell forward, half intentionally and half by accident, to his knees. The punch has rocked it back then forward to crumple into a kneeling position, and quite thankfully so as the blade of the Sith struck void air instead of his back.

"Don't be so sure!"

Dasquian pushed one palm against the floor and swept his leg around into the Sith's body, cat-springing up into the air as he did so to throw a fist into Malice's face, followed by a low saber strike.

Malice Draclau
Mar 8th, 2002, 04:15:05 AM
The kick and the punch both hit their marks as the sith reeled backwards. Using this momentum he turned his stumble backwards into a series of flips, Dodging the saber strike. Landing he rubbed the side of his face, a bruse was most deffinately ging to appear tomrrow. The pain that ran through the sith's body was quickly absorbed and used to strengthen his deffense.

*Oh really Jedi. You are foolish if you think you can stop me*

The knight ran at Dasquian, holding out one hand, Malice grabbed onto the force and used a force pull to bring The jedi to the ground once more. Jumping into the air he came down fast and hard, landing a knee in the jedi's gut. Standing he backed away, holding his saber infront.

*I shall kill you slow and very painfully*

Controlling his saber's movements with the force he levitated it and sent it hovering over the body of the jedi knight, sending it spiralling downwards at a fast pace,aiming right for the jedi's gut.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 9th, 2002, 04:32:46 AM
Dasquian thudded down onto the ground and wheezed loudly as Malice's knee drove down onto his gut. He doubled upwards and rolled over quickly onto his side, scrambling to his feet as the hovering saber shot towards him.

"An unwise move you have made, Sith!"

The Jedi flicked his saber upwards in one hand and used the other to grasp an imaginary substance in midair, tugging it towards him. The floating beam jerked towards the Jedi once as he walked towards it to meet it hovering, casting it to the ground with his own weapon. He drove the toe of his boot against it and force kicked it up into the air.

"Be mindful."

Malice Draclau
Mar 9th, 2002, 01:28:44 PM
Watching his saber being kicked up into the air Malice merely grinned. He grasp the saber wth a little hold from the force and sent it to the ground gently. He then turned to he jed.

*Unwise you say, well until you find out my motvies for such un heard of moves i'd suggest you keep your opinions to yourself*

Indeed the sith had a motive for doing that move, which he knew wasn't a smart one. The fact is, Malice was playing with the jedi, He was the kind of sith that liked a ittle deadly humor once in a while.

*I do not need such a worthless weapon, for it is only but a tool. I have other means fom which i shall beat you*

Getting into a deffensive stance, Malice began drawing on the darkside of the force, drawing it from within and using is hate and anger to fuel his power.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 11th, 2002, 12:47:45 PM
"Your claims of having alternate power do not impress me at all,"

Dasquians eyes returned to the Sith. He could feel the darkforce beginning swell within him as the darksider drew upon all his emotions. The weak emotions, that was what they were. To give in to them was to show sloth in ones own beliefs.

The Jedi began to pace towards his opponent slowly,

"Well then, are you going to stand there all day or show me what this power is?"

Malice Draclau
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:37:44 PM
A sly grin crept across the sith's face.

*In a hurry to die jedi. Then you shall wait no longer*

Lifting one hand Malice began channeling the force. Sparks of blue lightning could be seen dancing across his fingertips. In a brilliant flash they lept of his hand as big bolts of lightning. Heading straight for the jedi.

*Feel the power of the darkside little one*

It was not the best of attacks that the sith knight could do. But for now it would suffice. is tue power would be unleashed soon.....then the jedi would be sorry.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:48:58 AM
Dasquian braced himself, seperating his feet to a couple of foot or so apart. His body tensed as he crouched down, earthing himself by gripping onto the rapture stonework as the electricity rippled through his body. He groaned loudly as it struck him, though maintained strength. Thankfully he had not been hit by the strongest of attacks, so was still able to fight.

He got back up and leapt at the Sith. In his current state of charging and powering up, it was the excellent oppertunity. Dasquian descended from a jump and swung his saber towards Malice's shoulder while hooking his knee against the Knight's face to push his head towards the saber beam.

Malice Draclau
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:06:27 PM
The sith wasnt able to react in time and the knee hit him full on. As his head lifted up he saw the saber coming. In a natural instinct he grabbed the jedi's leg and flipped him sending him falling backwards.

Taking a few steps backwards Malice spit out some blood from his mouth. Indeed there would be a mark there tomorrow. Malice ran at the fallen jedi and upon reaching him, he hit him with a kick to his face. Once again Malice jumped back. Slowly this time he began to once again draw on the darkside. He would have another attack ready for the jedi to feel.

Until then Malice stood in a deffensive position awaiting the jedi to get back up and attack.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:06:26 PM
Dasquian sprung to life, a grimace on his face from the kick to his nose. It had begun to bleed quite heavily, and crimson sept over his upper lip freely. He gritted his teeth and concentrated on healing over the small wound, using the techniques he had learnt with the Jedi to tend to it.

Once he was happy with what he had done, he began to store a small amount of Force energy. He charged Malice and flipped into the air, and on coming down on the Sith unleashed the stored energy in a powerful force wave that sent Draclau straight to the ground.

The Padawan stepped forward quickly, and brought his saber down towards the Sith's ankle, hammer-heel kicking it at the same time.

Malice Draclau
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:15:28 PM
Enraged by the kick, Malice quickly brought up his other leg with aid from a bit of force speed and kicked the jedi's saber away from him Landing a few feet away. Continuing to use the force he sent the jedi backwards with a mild force push.

Standing Malice cringed as his ankle was hurting like hell. It quickly brused....but not broken. The darkside filling his body instantly he grinned at the jedi.

*It is time jedi. Time to really fight*

Malice finally able to balance on both legs, eyeing the jedi with pure hatred gleaming in his eyes.

*You have fought against me in this form well so far. But we shall see just how good you do against me when i turn into my true form*

The dark aura around Malice grew as he continued to draw energy. Soon he would be ready to morph...th energy he was storing up was for him to use once he had morphed into his true form.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:45:14 AM
Dasquian tumbled backwards. As he rolled down a few of the stares he stretched out with one hand and called his saber back to his grasp.

THUD

He hit the bottom of the stairs and got to his feet, all the worse for wear from the fall. Looking up towards Malice, he could see the Sith was preparing to become his 'true form', but what would that be? He could not allow the darksider the chance to do so!

"By the Force, you shall not harm another innocent again, Sithling!"

He charged up the stairs, disacknowledging the pain in his body as he dove, ducking, at the Sith's legs. He swung lowly with his saber for the same leg he had attacked before and struck it once again, this time with more force.

Malice Draclau
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:47:06 PM
Malice let out a painful yell as the saber struck his ankle. falling bacward the knight instantly started a foce healing method to his ankle as the smell of burnt flesh filled his nostrals. Using the wall as an aid the sith managed to stand, an evil gaze fell upon Dasquian, coming from the enraged sith knight.

*You are a fool jedi, your feeble attempts to stop me have failed. For your insolence shown here today, prepare to face the true me*

Letting all the stored energy he had gathered go, he was quickly enveloped in a black sphere of darkness. This would act as a shield as the knight began his transformation. Then the jedi would be sorry ever messed with him.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:26:22 PM
Dasquian frowned as he watched the shadows engulf Malice. He ran forward and jumped into the air. In his jump he pushed off of the wall with one hand whilst using the other to send a Force push into the ground below Malice's feet. The stonework rippled and shattered as the Jedi landed.

Immeadiately, he began to control the shards and rose those which were inside of the shield in a barrage on the Sith, whilst beginning to hack at the repelant with his saber.

Malice Draclau
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:30:28 AM
The figure within the sphere only grinned as he was being attacked by the shards of stone. A cut here and there would be present on his new form, but it would only be giving him power. Suddenly though the shards haulted in their assult, with a nudge of the darkside the shards were pushed through small openings in the sphere wall and headed staight for Dasquian sending him away from the black sphere.

As the jedi ran at the sphere to attack it once again, he was thrown back as the sphere expanded, pushing him backwards. But, it quickly shrunk and shrunk, obviosuly it was being absorbed into Malice's new form. As the black energy disappeared, a huge 9 ft tall blue demon was now standing infront of the jedi. His claws and teeth were long and dagger sharp. His blue skin was as hard as armor, protecting him from some force attacks. A pair of deadly wings and a tail polished off the figures looks.

Glaring downwards with his dark blue eyes, the demon sith knight eyed the sith.

*You shall now suffer jedi, you do not belong in this time and so it is my duty to remove you. I shall be the first and only of my kind you will face*

Malice quickly swiped his tail knocking the jedi's saber a few feet away. Lashing out with both of his massive hands, Malice aimed his claws at the jedi's chest.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:18:44 PM
Dasquian leapt into the air as the claws came swooping down towards him, flipping backwards a good distance. His saber, as it had done before, jumped to his hand and reignited fluidly.

"Nothing but cheap parlour tricks."

The Jedi looked up into the face of the hulking beast. He did not fear him, nor did he doubt that he could defeat him.

Dasquian feigned a duck to the left, then to the right, then finally ran left and once more used the wall as his springboard. It propelled him into the air, where upon he landed on the back of the towering demon with a downward impaling strike of his saber.

Malice Draclau
Mar 21st, 2002, 06:42:03 AM
A low rumbling laugh came out of the demon's mouth as he watched Dasquian run around.

* A cheap parlour trick huh....well we'll just see howmuch of a trick this is hen i suck your blood dry from the veins in which it runs through. You are but food to me, and like a cat does with it's pray, i am done toying with you. Its time to eat you*

As Malice lunged forward, the jedi used the wall to spring himself upwards up and over the demon, landing on his back. Grinning Malice quicly sent histail upwards lashing hard against the back of the jedi causing him to stop in the middle of his attack. The sith then opened his wings, tossing the jedi off his back. Turning around the demon sith walked towards Dasquian, the stone underneath his feet cracking from the sheer weight and power.

*You know not what you are dealing with jedi. You are in a new age, and with a new age comes new power. Power you can't possibly hope to overcome, now just lay there and die*

Running now, Malice force pushed Dasquian backwards causing him to stumble. Continuing his run, Malice connected with a thunderous right uppercut in the jedi's gut, literally lifting him off the ground. Giving the jedi no time to rest, the demon quickly came down with his other massive fist aiming for the jedi's back.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:04:11 PM
Dasquian wheezed as he hit the ground after being lifted, then quickly rolled to the side. He looked up at the demonic figure and swept his saber out to the side cutting into the bare flesh of the darksiders arm deeply. The smell of burning flesh filled his nostrils as he pushed himself away, out of the cracked stonework and to his feet.

He said nothing, but instead lunged forwards once more with a saber swipe followed by a jumping kick to the beasts jaw.

Malice Draclau
Mar 26th, 2002, 05:07:24 PM
The demon sith stepped backwards grabbing his arm, normally there would be blood oozing out, but thanks to the heat rom the saber which sealed some of the woud little blood came out. The demon did how ever have tobare the horrible pain it shot through his body, pain wich would eventually be used as power to kill he jedi.

Malice looked fowards just in time to see the jedi coming. His rage boiling over, the sith lashed out with a strong force push, sending the jedi off balance and pushing him backwards. Malie rushed forwards striking the jedi across his stomach with a nail, creating a gash. It wasn't deep, but just enough to let blood flow. Picking up the jedi, Malice flung him around...surprisingly the jedi crashed against the temple doors falling inside the temple. Walking in after him the demon grinned, He shut the door behind him and stared dow at the jedi.

*I have completed part of my mission. I have gained entrance into this garbage f a temple. Now for part two, i must be rid of you so that i can destroy the temple*

Stomping down hard with hs foot, also being aided by the force, a long deep crack formed and sped towards the jedi.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:46:14 AM
Dasquian rocked backwards and pushed both palms down against the floor by his waist. Using the momentum of the roll, he pushed both feet upwards and hit the Sith directly in the chest, knocking him back into the door once more - flinging the double doors open and the darksider out into the open once more. Following through from his kick, Dasquian leapt to his feet and charged at the Sith, jumping into the air to plant a kick on Malice's collar bone, causing him to topple a small way down the stairs.

Malice Draclau
Apr 4th, 2002, 08:15:19 PM
The demon sith began falling down the stairs, reaching out with both massive hands he dug his nails into the concrete steps, creating deep cracks in it as he slowed his decent. Standing Malice rubbed his collar bone. Had he been in his human form the jedi would have surley broken it. His chest throbbed with pain, if it werent for the armored like skin the jedi would have also broken a few ribs.

*Blast you jedi why must you continue to fight a fruitless battle. You cannot stop me, so why not just stand there and accept your death lke any honorable fighter would*

Malice drew in te dark energies, mumbling a few ancient sith words he opened his mouth. A stream of fire burst out and made it's way up the stairs heading straight for the jedi. At the head of the flames was an image of the demons face grinning at the jedi. This was one of many sith sorcery spells the demon knew.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:58:05 AM
Dasquian saw the huge plume of heat tearing towards him and slowly began running towards it. It seemed suicidal, but the only way to avoid the blast would be to double over on Malice. He sprinted directly towards the flame, dropping down to his knees only as he began to affect him. He rolled sideways, drawing the fire with him. He lead it across the front paving of the temple, then leapt up to his feet, weaving through some of the pillars that encircled the ruins. He took a big jump and landed down on the turf, crouched.

"Alright then.."

Hidden by the remainder of the stairway, he strafed sideways and popped out into view on Malice's flank.

"If I cannot stop you how is it that you have not stopped me yet?"

Pushing off on one foot, he spun his saber into his hands and drove it forward in a lunge as Malice turned to see him, aimed to strike upwards from his ankle (on course with his achilles tendon) all the way to his spine.

Malice Draclau
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:22:43 PM
Malice could only chuckle to himself as the jedi ran around with the stream of fire right on his tail. In a blink of an eye, the jedi some how got behind Malice without him knowng it.

*Simple jedi, i am going to beat you slowly before finishing you. A quick death is too good for you. I want it to be very painful*

Malice did not move as the jedi went to strike at him with his saber. Instead at the last moment.......the demon opened his wings and jumped into the air. As he did so, he thrusted one of his feet backwards nailing Dasquian in the face. Landing softly he looked forward, remarkably the stream of fire was still going. After it had swhirled around the last pillar, Malice changed it's course.

Now the flames rushed through the open temple doors setting those on fire as it raced into the temple it's self. The cloths that hung, the tapestries, and others lit ablaze as the last of the fire crashed into a stone wall wthin the temple creating a black burnt mark. Turning around, the jedi had just gotten back up, Calling his saber to him, the demon ignited both sides.

*Now jedi, your temple is being destoryed from the inside out. All i have left to do is finish you. Then your brother will be next*

Malice lunged forward with a flurry of quick but powerful saber strikes. His demonic strength with aid from the force behind each blow.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:26:03 AM
Dasquian recipricated with well honed parries and blocks, swinging his saber to meet every forceful stab with a swing of his own. His eyes did not avert from the Sith, yet he could sense that destruction he had caused within the temple. It had long since been ruined, but the way he was treating it was unthinkable - such disregard. Being a Jedi, he could not allow his anger to fuel his actions, so mentally he corrected and set himself back the right track.

"You won't get the chance, Sith!"

Dasquian jumped, tugged his legs in and rolled in mid air, coming down with an overhead hack on Malice whilst driving his boot into the darksiders face.

Malice Draclau
Apr 10th, 2002, 02:39:05 AM
Malice maaged to block the jedi's boot to his face by pushing it away, but the attack from behind had gotten through the demons deffenses. The saber blade easily cut through his armored skin, though not deep, it struck enough to cause a green substance which was the demons blood to flow. Letting out a loud cry of anger, Malice stumbled forward falling to his knees.

Reaching behind with his right hand Malic felt the wound, it would take a little time but it will heal. Turning his head he looked at the jedi, a new found hatred now flared in them.

*You shall pay dearly for that Dasquian*

This battle had been going on for quite sometime, and Malice was now starting to ware down from it. But he could sense the jedi too was wareing himself down. If he did not end this soon, then it might be fatal to him. Going on all fours, Malice winced as his left arm hurt like hell from the hit on his shoulder. Drawing the force into him he began a sprint at Dasquian.

When the sith reached only a few feet from the jedi, he lashed out with a strong force push which sent Dasquian almost flying backwards landing hard onto the ground. Malice jumped into the air and landed right over him, his feet and hands putting indents into the ground around Dasquian. Using his right hand Malice quickly flipped the jedi onto his stomach, grippng both the jedi's hands with his own. The jedi's feet were practicaly smothered under the demon's massive legs. His ankles were bound together by the demons tail. Growling with anger Malice spoke to the jedi.

*Now lightsider.........now it ends. It has been fun but now your time has come. Good bye jedi*

Opening his mouth wide, Malice bit down hard and fast into the right shoulder of Dasquian. With his genetic makeup,Malice was able to drink the blood of other's while in his demon form. The red liquid flowed from Dasquians shoulder as Malice continued to bite down, using his teeth like saws he cut and tore at the tissue and meat. the sith would not stop until the jedi either gave up, or went unconsious......either way he wouldn't care.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 10th, 2002, 04:24:44 AM
From being stood up he was suddenly lying face down with a demon gouging at his shoulder. Dasquian let out a cry as the teeth severed into his body, but quickly found himself calming his mind - he could not let his pain, fear or anger get the better of him. Squinting his eyes closed tightly, he concentrated hard on the Force.

"By the Force..."

He grunted. A boon in the Force came to him then, a gift from unseen deities who blessed the lightside with their patronage. His energy soared for a spurt of a second, sending a wave of for energy out from his aura. The pure power swept Malice into the air. Dasquian rolled away from where he'd been pinned too and got up to his feet uneasily, putting one hand over the hole in his shoulder. He began to meditate on the force, knitting the open gash closed as Malice crashed down onto the ground where the Jedi had once sat.

"Your quest is in vain, darksider," he groaned.

"You are weak as am I. Defer from your course of destruction so that we both may regain our strength and call our encounter this day a truce."

Malice Draclau
Apr 11th, 2002, 02:43:07 AM
Malice Growled maniaclly as he hit the cement ground with a thud. Standing up the sith drew on the pain that shot up his back and all over his body as energy he much needed.

*Giving up is but for the weak. Tired as i am, i will still defeat you make no mistake about that*

Malice charged at Dasquian and clashed sabers. Because of his demonic strength he was able to win the pushing game they had ensued and batted Dasquian backwards. Malice again charged and once again slashed his saber towards Dasquian. The jedi managed to get lucky and slash the demons left arm once again. Malice ignored the wound and continued his attack.

As their saber's clashed, Malice struck Dasquians legs with his tail knocking him to the ground. Not stopping his attacks, Malice came down hard on Dasquian with a punch to his gut that connected. The sith licked his lips as he heard the cracking sound of ribs breaking. Standing back up The demon sith backed up, his breathing becoming heavy as evident of his massive chest moving up and down. The blood oozed out of his new wound on his arm, But he would not give up. Not until he has claimed a victory over this jedi and his rightful prize as proof of his winning battle to his master.

*I will not give up jedi make no mistake about that. I shall fight to the death if i have to*

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 21st, 2002, 04:56:55 AM
Dasquian heaved out a heavy breath as his ribs buckled under the pressure of the attack. A deep grimace came over his face as he sat up, looking to Malice. The Sith was bleeding profusely. He simply shook his head and pushed one palm against the ground. As he stood, his eyes squeezed tightly shut; the pain was phenomenal.

"So ... be it."

He regain his posture loosely and took into hand his saber, all the while focusing healing Force energy into his chest. Beneath his skin, the ability worked slowly to regenerate what had been damaged.

"If you will not defer ... "

He straightened up his saber infront of him - he was set to do some strong saber offensives once his chest was feeling up to it.

" ... then neither shall I. Have at you."

With a strained groan he focused upon Malice and utilized one one of his strongest abilities - telekenesis. Through the Force he lifted Malice and drew him inwards with a whipping Force push, driving his saber out forwards towards the oncoming beast whislt stepping to the side so that he would avoid being hit.