PDA

View Full Version : Rise Of The Old Republic: Newcomings

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 14th, 2002, 01:56:36 PM
The early morning rays on Coruscant were a blessing. They may have been interupted by the buildings that littered the planet, but still made their way through down onto the streets. Dasquian paced slowly down the path at the the side of the bustling road. He was on his way to catch a transport to the other side of two - apparently there was a shop there that sold excellent healing teas and aides.

Where he was now, outside the spaceport, was one of the most busy places he had ever seen. Back in the days of the Old Republic you would have been lucky to see a third of the number of people here now at one spaceport, yet here they all were. Jostling and elbowing, grumlbing and moaning, each and every one with their own problems.

Dasquian was apparently the only one feeling carefree. What they all took for granted, he saw as a wonderful gift. The sunrise to them was a simple daily occurance, where as to him it was a glorious mark of each new day. He took in a deep breath of fresh morning air and sighed happily. Today, he felt, would be a good day.

Thanatos Van Derveld
Feb 14th, 2002, 02:10:09 PM
His eyes squint through the darkness of the small room as Thanatos pushed aside his covers. He grasped a thin strap of a bag and carefully put it over his shoulder. His bare feet stepped into the heavy boots as he moved silently over the floor. A crash split the silence, a table and several chairs toppling over. He whispered a quiet prayer that neither Galatea nor Darius had heard in the rooms beside his.

He wanted to get out fast. Before anyone would be awake. And get far enough that it would be hard to track him. The door slid open and he squint hard against the hallway's bright florescent lights as he stepped from the room. Thought less than a year old, the boy looked and thought like a preteenager. Dark locks fell over his eyes as he glanced down the hall before walking the other way slowly.

Galatea Van-Derveld
Feb 14th, 2002, 05:42:51 PM
".... Thanatos ?"

A girl's voice could be heard across the halls. Her head perked out of her room's door, she blinked in confusion. Seeing as how her voice was echoed through the halls, she began whispering, walking towards her younger brother, holding up her white night dress lightly.

"What are you doing ...?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 17th, 2002, 11:34:19 AM
Nightmares plagued his mind and raptured the silent sleep which held Vega. The Sith Lord sat up, alone, in his bed. Something was amiss. He pushed the sheets from his body and sat up, running one hand back through his hair.

He, in clichéd fashion, had a bad feeling about it. What 'it' was he did not know, but something close to his own life was changing or was in danger of some sort.

Thanatos Van Derveld
Feb 17th, 2002, 11:48:48 AM
"Going somewhere."

Thanatos stared at his sister for a moment. Even though he was a deal younger than her, he towered nearly 10 inches above her in height. A sigh left his mouth as Thanatos clasped his hands around his sister for a moment. She seemed to be the only one that acted human amongst the family. He sighed again and pulled away before pushing past her and moving down the hall.

Galatea Van-Derveld
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:08:04 PM
Galatea was supposed to be older than Thanatos, but due to the fact that he had more Lupine blood than she did, he grew up much faster than her and Darius. As Than pushed past her, she grabbed on his sleeve and shook her head.

"Don't do this ... !"

Thanatos Van Derveld
Feb 24th, 2002, 10:21:46 AM
Thanatos pulled his arm away from his sisters grip and shook his head. He gritted his teeth and looked down at the floor.

"I have to, and you should too, if you have any sense."

He started off walking once more, pulling his bag more firmly over his shoulder.

Galatea Van-Derveld
Feb 25th, 2002, 11:56:36 AM
"But then what am I supposed to do here ? You're leaving me all alone in this mad and psychotic family ?"

Galatea's voice was more angry now. She just couldn't believe Thanatos would leave her here. Alone. She clenched her shaking fists tightly, her gaze falling down to the ground. She was ready to burst out something.

Thanatos Van Derveld
Feb 25th, 2002, 12:00:16 PM
He continued to walk off down the hallway.

"I'm not staying, Gally. Like I say, you shouldn't either. Dad doesn't give a frell about any of us, and it's not like Uncle Dalton and Aunt Eve can protect us all the time ... "

Thanatos stopped and looked over his shoulder at his older sister.

"I'm not gonna force you to follow," he smirked, "Just an option."

He turned once more and kept walking.

Galatea Van-Derveld
Feb 25th, 2002, 12:07:06 PM
"..."

Galatea remained silent. It was true. She could follow him. But that would mean leaving Uncle Dalton behind her ... It was too hard. She shook her head and let her fists loose then pointed out to the exit.

"Go and don't come back."

Thanatos Van Derveld
Feb 25th, 2002, 12:12:49 PM
A sharp stab of pain hit his heart. He wanted to be as nonemotional about it as possible, and leave with dignity, but Galatea's coldness got to him a little.

"See you around, Gally."

And with that, he stepped out of the HQ, duffel bag slung over his shoulder, out into the open. He'd already made a few calls to some numbers he'd found in Vega's quarters so that he would be able to get off of the planet. The Empire's security teams would allow the Sithling to walk off scott free.

After some time of walking, he found the transport where his contact had said it would be - it was a one way trip to Coruscant, not exactly first class but still comfortable. It'd do; after all, anything would have been good as long as it'd get him away from them.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 25th, 2002, 01:21:53 PM
He paced the streets aimlessly - he did not care where he was going, afterall if he got lost the Force would guide him back to civilization. In all honest though, it would have been hard to get lost; everything was signposted and there were so many people around that at least one would have known their way around.

A soft smile came over the Jedi's lips as he sat himself down on a small bench outside. The noise of the planetside spaceport behind him was drowned out by the tranquility in his mind. The sun was now high in the sky, though the strong rays did not make him squint - his focus was not upon the sun itself, but fixed vaguely upon the sky.

Something...

The Force spoke to him. Something was apparently going to happen. It was mysterious in that way, never accurate or specific about whether it would be good or bad, just a little reminder that something would happen soon.

Fates hand would soon deal the deck.

Thanatos Van Derveld
Feb 25th, 2002, 01:57:54 PM
Touch down on Coruscant was a pleasant relief. Finally, he was away from them all. He'd never really been allowed to venture off of the TSE home base, and this was his first time out anywhere alone - so it was understandable that Thanatos was nervous. As the teen jumped out of his ship and slipped the driver some credits, a grin came over his face. It was coy, yet showed his genuine excitement.

"Coruscant city... makin' it big time," he mouthed to himself as the sheer awesomeness of the streets swept over him overwhelmingly.

Thanatos walked forward slowly out into the open, past the gigantic glass partitian doors of the port, onto the main street. Immeadiately the crowds surrounded him, and he could feel his senses tingling as the force presence of each and every person become overly obvious to him. They were each like lights - some shining more clearly in the darkness than others.

As he made his way towards a small seating area just a short distance away he slung the bag off of his shoulder and pulled out a small zip bag. He yanked it open and sat down with a loud thud, taking the bootle of water out of the bag for a quick refreshing swig.

"Ahhhh..."

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 26th, 2002, 12:30:46 PM
A loud bang and the bench was half up the in air. The legs on Dasquian side hit the floor with an almight crash as the beams became even once more. The Jedi's head snapped to the side to look to the one who'd cause the shock, and he found himself almost laughing. It was a teen boy.

"You must be hiding a lot of wait under that jacket of yours, sir," he laughed.

There was a look of confusion from the boy. Dasquian called up a smile and shook his head.

"Forgive me, only I wasn't expecting to be tossed up into the air like that, especially not by one looking so compossed in stature as yourself."

Again, silence and a look of disapproval. Not only this, but something else. Something more ... subliminal. Subtle, even. His force presence shone, yet it was more of a dull grey than white or dark. His path was undecided, yet he had the potential within him. At this, Dasquian smiled.

"Pardon my rudeness ... "

He held out one hand,

"I'm Dasquian. Good to meet you ... ?"

Thanatos Van Derveld
Feb 26th, 2002, 12:54:35 PM
A flush of red pigmented Thanatos' cheeks as he realised he'd just launched the man into the air. The colour faded quickly, though, as he accepted the hand shake and almost crushed the man's hand in the process.

"Name's Thanatos, Thanatos Van-Derveld. Nice to meet you too, uh, Dasquijin."

He looked back forward away from Dasquian and stuffed his drink back into his duffel bag.

"Sorry about that ... bench ... thing."

The young Lupine shrugged his shoulders and cricked his neck to the side, yawning a bit.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:00:06 PM
"Don't worry about it, Thanatos. Although in future, I'd adivse you to watch where you swing that frame of yours about!"

Dasquian chuckled to himself and shook out the tensity in his fingertips in the hand that had almost just been crushed.

"Might I enquire whether you're here on a business trip of somesort?" he said with a slight smile, "Only from your attire I'd said you were a young entrapeneur or something of the like."

Thanatos Van Derveld
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:15:38 PM
"Hardly."

There was a quick snort, shrug and mumble, then Thanatos looked back up at Dasquian with one eyebrow raised.

"I don't have a job, supposed to be a darksider but well ... frell to that."

He cracked his knuckles and closed his eyes, leaning back uncomfortably on the bench.

"Not exactly my type of occupation really," he yawned, "Saying that though, neither is a businessman."

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 26th, 2002, 02:33:08 PM
Supposed to be a darksider, he had said. What an unusual remark. Surely no one is supposed to be anything, they choose what they wish to become of their future and shape it for themselves. A curious thought.

"Ah... the darkside. No, I'm not particularly fond of that either."

If the boy had rejected the darkside, then what he was about to say was safe. If not, oh well.

"I'm a follower of the lightside, myself," he nodded, "a Jedi."

Thanatos Van Derveld
Mar 2nd, 2002, 04:20:33 AM
His ears would have perked up if they could have.

"A Jedi?" he said with an obvious hint of excitement in his voice, "That's very cool..."

He streched out his arms and cracked his knuckles, kicking away some of the anxiety he had about saying what he was about to say.

"Think you could show me where you guys train?"