PDA

View Full Version : Yuuzhan Vong Questions

Kyle Deshere
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:16:30 AM
I was reading Dark Tide II: Ruin, and was wondering...cause Shedao Shai seems a bit....disapproving...is there a difference between the Praetorite Vong and the other warriors of the Yuuzhan Vong?

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 14th, 2002, 03:56:30 PM
There might be also from the title Praetorite, it sounds similar to the Pratorite(sp) guard in the Roman Empire which had more power than the average Roman Solider sometimes having more power than the Emperor (they killed several Emperors including Calgiula, Commodous, though Gladiator contradicts this, and Dommitian) so they might the Vong ruler's personal soliders and they could have more power then most Vong warriors.

ReaperFett
Feb 14th, 2002, 04:08:54 PM
Praetorite Vong
this was the primary political body which governed the Yuuzhan Vong. Despite that fact that they were not a military body, the Praetorie Vong was in command of the first assault force sent to begin the conquest of the galaxy. The war force was not overly large, and its leadership - Prefect Da'Gara and Executor Nom Anor - refused to underestimate their enemy. Their forces were controlled by the immense yammosk war coordinator based on Helska, which they had been obtained without permission and was imperfectly developed. The plans of Nom Anor and the Praetorite Vong were thwarted when the New Republic forced the planet to quickly thaw and re-freeze, setting up a Mezicanley Wave and destroying Helska. The yammosk was killed, and the Yuuzhan Vong forces routed. Unfortunately for the Republic, the Praetorite Vong was only the tip of the iceberg which represented the Yuuzhan Von invasion force. After the debacle at Helska, the Praetorite Vong was restricted in its actions by Tsavong Lah and the Yuuzhan Vong commanders

Kyle Deshere
Feb 14th, 2002, 06:45:50 PM
Ah so the Praetorite Vong are a bunch of beaurocratic *******s you're saying who took a Yammosk without permission that actually sucked ass?

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:45:16 AM
exactly :)

But you must admit, that Yammosk was pretty cool. and those breathing creatures who let you breath in water.
(yes, I have shamefully forgotten the name of that delightful creature)

Jargon Chasseur
Mar 25th, 2002, 07:31:15 AM
Gnullith? :D

Azhure Darkstone
May 18th, 2002, 12:52:38 AM
ah thats it!

Marcus Telcontar
May 20th, 2002, 03:47:05 AM
I would have called them sucky NJO BS myself.

Sene Unty
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:16:06 PM
I get the feeling you dont like the NJO...