PDA

View Full Version : LOTR news...

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:43:20 PM
It appears there will be last reel change for LTOR that will include a new trailer for TTT and also deleted footage from FOTR!!!

ooooooo shiney!!!!

And have a read of this rather amusing story....

Sir Ian McKellen backs Fellowship Of The Ring for Best Picture Oscar

Sir Ian McKellen is backing The Fellowship Of The Ring to win this year's Oscar for Best Picture.

He thinks it will win because Tolkien's world is so popular amongst Hollywood filmmakers.

The first Lord Of The Rings film has been nominated for 13 Oscars.

McKellen, who plays Gandalf in the movie trilogy, told Richard and Judy: "I think the film has received so many nominations because Hollywood filmmakers are thinking 'my god I wish I'd worked on that.'

"I'll stick my neck out and say it's going to win Best Picture."

But he says some of the film's computer-animated characters, such as the Balrog, were less than impressive in the studio.

"Although the Balrog was made to look huge and terrifying on screen, in the studio it was just a yellow tennis ball on a pole.

"I was yelling 'you shall not bounce!'. Actors are just kids who never grew up."

Champion of the Force
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:48:00 PM
I also read about this on another forum. Pretty sweet. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:52:17 PM
Oh man, is it ever. i hope we aussies get that reel too!!!

Figrin D'an
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:57:30 PM
Yeah, I heard that recently too... shortly before the Academy Awards, I think... at least in the US, I don't know about everywhere else. I would assume that it would be a worldwide thing, though, considering the films has opened pretty much everywhere by now.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 13th, 2002, 11:16:10 PM
Is it going to be a rerelease? I am just curious, I would defintely go see it agaiin to see that. I know a lot of movies rerelease Oscar nominated films right before Oscars. Also if they do that you think it could help it get over the 300 million hump? I think it could if it is done right myself but I guess it depends on how wide they release it.

Mu Satach
Feb 13th, 2002, 11:35:34 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Q'Dunn
"I was yelling 'you shall not bounce!'. Actors are just kids who never grew up."

That's just classicly cool.
:lol

ReturnOfTheCB
Feb 14th, 2002, 12:29:29 AM
Deleted footage? Where'd you read this at (I'd love to believe it, but don't want to get my hopes up)...I knew about the trailer, but extra footage would just kick ass....