PDA

View Full Version : SW Marvel Comics Return

Jedieb
Feb 13th, 2002, 01:33:56 PM
This is straight from the darkhorse site:

"Classic Star Wars: Along Time Ago? reprints and recolors the original Marvel tales of the late 1970s in a new trade paperback format. Volume 1 covers such classics as the Aduba-3 story line (rejoice, Jaxxon fans) and Luke's mission to the watery world of Drexel. And this is just the start -- in total, the series will collect every Marvel Comics story in eight trade paperback volumes.

Volume 1 includes work by Roy Thomas, Howard Chaykin, Steve Leialoha, Frank Springer, Tom Palmer, Donald F. Glut, Alan Kuperberg, Archie Goodwin, Carmine Infantino, and Terry Austin. The hefty 336-page volume goes on sale on June 5.

At one time it was rumored that these were going to be in black & white. Thank Yoda they've changed their minds. If they include picutes of the covers then these 8 volumes will be PERFECT! I really hope they include the covers in there somewhere. Sometimes the covers were the best part of the comic!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 13th, 2002, 01:59:34 PM
Thats cool I might go and pick that up when it comes out.

Seth Darkserpent
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:50:21 PM
I'm definately going. I really can't wait for Volume I to come out. Any idea on the price? (American) :p

ReaperFett
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:58:40 PM
I want to read the Shira Brie ones, they sound the most intresting

Jedieb
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:18:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they retailed for around $20. They're suppose to be pretty thick so I don't expect them to be cheap. Some of these Marvel comics were released a few years back in black and white. They had some GORGEOUS Ralph McQuarrie covers, but they were tough to come by. I bought a set just because the covers looked so good. But I never read all of them because the lack of color just killed it for me. Manga I can read in B&W, but not old Marvel stuff. I'm personally looking forward to the giant green Lucas inspired bunny. There's a horrific image that needs to be burned into our minds. :crack

ReaperFett
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:25:10 PM
they ARE $20. Dave Land said so :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 13th, 2002, 11:50:51 PM
I would like to read the ones about the Sith Lord Luminya(sp) I just don't know much about her. Is that issue with the bunny been deemed a infitintie title now?

Jedieb
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:41:57 AM
I think the Marvel comics have always been outside the continuity. They were cranked out at a time when there wasn't any concern for keeping a unified timeline together. They were just comics and some of them were wacky ones at that. They even had an Ord Mantel bounty hunter story that explained Han's line to Leia is ESB. I'm not sure if that's been deemed "official" or not. I doubt it.

Taylor Millard
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:07:38 AM
The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons has a description of an Ord Mantell bounty hunter story with Han. If it's the same one we're thinking of, then that one has gone into EU continuity.

ReaperFett
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:10:21 AM
Nope, they be in :)

Lumiara was in Gamer, and one of Han's old smuggling friends(Rick Duel I think) was in the Han trilogy. It's one of those things IMO where they count, but aren't mentioned

Taylor Millard
Feb 14th, 2002, 03:08:45 PM
Which really makes me wonder if Spectre of the Past was taken into continuity.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 14th, 2002, 03:42:21 PM
I think Lucasfilm deemed them to be in contunity a while back, also if I am not mistaken some of events in Marvel are in SW encyclopedia (the bounty hunter from Ord Mandrel) I have heard a few people say that the events in Marvel fit very well with contunity better than some of the books, I guess I will have read the comic books to find out.