PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying

Syron Ward
Feb 11th, 2002, 04:45:31 PM
During the Corellian Trilogy series of books, there were several fleet operations. One of which, the Triad was seriously engaged in. In this battle, they employed several 'rampships' against the enemy. These ships were made solely for the prupose to ram other ships and in the process, cripple or destroy them. Sort of like what the Japanese did towards the end of WW II. They built fighters solely for the purpose of kamikaze. They gave them fuel tanks on the wings and off they went.

Anyway, I realize the rarity of these vessels and I ask the fleet role-players permission to pursue R&D on these 'Ramships'.

Darth Viscera
Feb 11th, 2002, 04:58:39 PM
Sounds like too quick a method of destruction, rather superlaser-esque. Capabilities?

Syron Ward
Feb 11th, 2002, 05:08:13 PM
Hm, well... I suppose it could be seen that way. It all depends on where you hit the vessel and the velocity.

I don't recall what the Triad's Ramship was actually capable of doing, but I remember it hit the bridge of a Bakuran Cruiser and crippled it. It was a robotic solid metal 'projectile' built for suicide runs. I suppose it was remotely controlled or was like the TIE Droid and could also be run by a computer.

Varlon Konrad
Feb 11th, 2002, 10:32:24 PM
IMO, you'd be wasting too much Nergon-14 which could be better used in starfighter and capital ship warheads as well as materials for dura-armour and dura-steel that could go towards building more lasting ships in your fleet. The wastes just swamp any possible gains in this kind of combat.

Sumor Rayial
Feb 12th, 2002, 02:24:01 AM
I'm not particularily keen on the "Ramships" I agree with Vis when he said they are almost SL type weapons in terms of their destructive power and Var when he said their really just a waste of resources.

Now the kamikaze fighters, I have no problems with. They inflict less damage, and are easier to defend against.

Syron Ward
Feb 12th, 2002, 04:41:25 PM
hm.. alright. Thanks for your input. Ramships are out.

Charley
Feb 13th, 2002, 02:59:07 PM
The Cizerack have a gigantic population, and thus a similar disregard for life to utilize kamikaze-style weaponry.