PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy avoids Razzie nomination!

Darth23
Feb 11th, 2002, 04:11:46 PM
Razzie nominations (http://movies.yahoo.com/news/eo/20020211/101346251500.html)

I guess there are advantages to no one seeing your movie. :D

Seems like some of the nominations are a bit questionable maybe.

Worst Picture: Freddy Got Fingered, Driven, Glitter, Pearl Harbor, 3000 Miles to Graceland

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 04:19:23 PM
I dont care about these. Pearl Harbour the worst film? What about the films that didnt even make the top 10?

I thought Jolie was great in Tomb Raider too.

Oh, and look, Travolta gets another go. Nothing to do with the fact of how big a name he is I'm sure :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2002, 04:59:22 PM
DAMN! NO FINAL FANTASY!!!! :p (Lifeless, bad script, but still nice to look at, didnt deserve a razzing)

Well ReaperFett, maybe its the case Travolta SUCKS wouldn't have anythign to do with his well deserved razzing, no? Pearl Harbour is a head scratcher.... wasnt that bad was it?? The rest seem to be quite deserved... including Jolie, becuase quite frankly Tomb Raider was appaling and so was she.

I love some of the worst screen couple nominations.....

Worst Screen Couple: Ben Affleck and either Kate Beckinsale or Josh Hartnett (Pearl Harbor), Mariah Carey's cleavage (Glitter), Tom Green and any animal he abuses (Freddy Got Fingered), Burt Reynolds and Sylvester Stallone (Driven), Kurt Russell and either Kevin Costner or Courteney Cox Arquette (3000 Miles to Graceland)

Good way to start the day, see some movies get rightly pillored.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2002, 06:31:09 PM
God the razzies are harsh! I wonder if anyone ever cries over them? :lol

Darth23
Feb 11th, 2002, 06:43:58 PM
"DAMN! NO FINAL FANTASY!!!! (Lifeless, bad script, but still nice to look at, didnt deserve "

Actually the script was GOOD!

The studio made the mistake of hyping the 'lifelike' virtual actors.

Considering the fact that the film KILLED Square's brand new studio, I would have expected them to go after it.

Maybe Steve Buscemi's performance saved the flick. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2002, 06:53:46 PM
The script was one of the most appalling, self-serious and outright silly I have had the displeasure to watch. It ranks with such trash as Blade in my opinion.

Tjhe studio's mistake was not giving the moive a decent plot that was attractive to moviegoers. Hint - Less time on the fancy stuff, more time finding a script and a plot that works

Darth23
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:04:22 PM
Well there's no accounting for taste. :D

I think maybe the problem was with the translation.

I still really liked it - saw it 5 times in the theater. (about 3% of the total tickes sold).

Mu Satach
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:06:58 PM
*bursts into tears* :cry

Don't you dare compare FF to Blade... :verymad

FF *had* a decent plot. :p

It just didn't have the *same* stupid plot that's in every other action flick. :p

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:14:14 PM
Hope noone is dissing Blade now :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:21:17 PM
Oh I would LOVE to diss that POS waste of time.

Blade was so bad, my VCR rejected it.

Mu Satach
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:31:01 PM
:lol

I would comment on Blade... but I've never been able to make it through the entire movie.

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:31:17 PM
yeah, but the movie going public didnt, which is why a sequel looms :)

I'll let you off Mu, you sent me 'the book' :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:41:16 PM
yeah, but the movie going public didnt, which is why a sequel looms

That just proves Hollywood caters for the lowest common deominator. Blade was an insult calling itself a movie. A purile peice of garbage would be a better description for what I rate as one of the worst movies I have ever had the displeasure to watch. If there is any justice, Blade 2 will sweep the Razzies next year, unless the world explodes and it turns out bearable.

A foul, foul, pointless, plotless jumbled up mess of film that I honestly wished I could burn.

And dont ask what my wife thought. She doesnt swear, but she still called it <deleted> awful. That's not like her. She was actually angry that it was made. And this is from a woman whose first date with me was watching Dusk Till Dawn.

Champion of the Force
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:43:59 PM
I still really liked it - saw it 5 times in the theater.
I saw an illegal VCD version of it in class (which looked pretty dodgy on the computer screen). The movie was ok, but right through it I was thinking 'how is this related to Final Fantasy'?

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:49:23 PM
That just proves Hollywood caters for the lowest common deominator
You just called a lot of people, posters here, 'the lowest common deominator'. No need to insult.

A foul, foul, pointless, plotless jumbled up mess of film that I honestly wished I could burn
WHICH THE MATRIX RIPS OFF!!!!! :)

The movie was ok, but right through it I was thinking 'how is this related to Final Fantasy'?
Were any of them related though?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2002, 08:15:02 PM
WHICH THE MATRIX RIPS OFF!!!!!

Which is a terrible insult to The Matrix and simply put, absurd. And I will say it again - Blade is a pointless, stupid, pathetic, disgusting excuse for a movie and it deserves to be burnt, spat on and pummelled.

Going too far?

Hell No! Im not going far enough! This moive is FOUL. I feel ... contaimated thinking about it. I wish I was joking, but simply put I am not. I was disgusted and amazed something this bad could be made.

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 08:20:51 PM
Which is a terrible insult to The Matrix and simply put, absurd. And I will say it again - Blade is a pointless, stupid, pathetic, disgusting excuse for a movie and it deserves to be burnt, spat on and pummelled.

Going too far?
No, you made it sound more like the Matrix :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2002, 08:29:26 PM
Only to you and probably ONLY to you. The Matrix is thought of highly, while Blade is just being forgotten. Thankfully.

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 08:41:02 PM
being forgotten by making a sequel, yeah, right ;)

And someone at CC.net said the two were alike too, without knowing my views. So no, not only me, thankyou :)

Champion of the Force
Feb 11th, 2002, 08:59:47 PM
Were any of them related though?
Although each game has it's own unique characters and storyline, all the Final Fantasy's shared a similar fantasy-type theme.

The movie on the other hand felt overly sci-fi oriented and didn't have much in common with the famous series IMHO.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2002, 11:30:48 PM
Most likely Freddy got Fingered will sweep the awards, that is got to be one of the worst films made in the last ten years, I haven't seen but those who I know who have say it is terrible. PH doesn't really belong on it but they always pick one big film a year (TPM anyone) they love to pick on the big blockbusters but at least this year 4 of the 5 didn't make any money, Town and Country should be the 5 instead of PH and they would have had 5 bombs.

JonathanLB
Feb 13th, 2002, 03:44:39 AM
Ok I spent like 10 minutes writing that post, then the server deleted it and ate it. That is so idiotic.

I'll just sum it up:

Darth23: hilarious comment about the ticket sales :) I was laughing my ass off, sent it to a few friends on AIM too.

Still, FF had an awful script, so I agree with Marcus there. AWFUL, terrible, one of the worst I've ever seen. The plot was worse, though, much worse. The dialogue looked like frickin' Shakespeare compared to how bad that plot stunk. I could smell how rotten the plot was just sitting there in the theater. Or maybe that was the guy in front of me who was ripping them, I dunno, point is that movie sucked.

Blade rocks, one of the best 100 films ever made and NOT a piece of junk by any means. Most people liked it a lot, especially guys. Never met a guy who didn't like Blade. It is not forgotten, either, that's why there is Blade II. Many people, like me, have been waiting a long time for this, longer, technically, than I waited for Episode II. August 1998 to the end of March 2002...

My sister absolutely loves Blade. She's seen it probably as many times or more times than I have and she never did see it in theaters, so she's used my DVD more than I have for sure, lol.

Driven is a good film. Not great, good. I bought it on DVD. Cinematography is stunning, top five of 2001 I think. Much better than any recent racing movie in that category.

Freddy Got Fingered is hilarious in some parts, really funny, but it is also the STUPIDEST, most idiotic piece of junk film I have seen in a while, lol. It is funny, yes, but it's just perverse, twisted, stupid, moronic, idiotic, and a waste of time and life in general. LOL, but it's funny in some parts ;)