PDA

View Full Version : More EU reaches AOTC(teensy spoiler)

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:24:40 PM
Apparently, Holocrons are in EP2, to add to the Jedi already in(Oh, and Swoops :)).

Holocrons were first in Dark Empire if I remember right, and Lucas loved that.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:55:29 PM
Cool I always liked Holocrons.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2002, 02:29:23 PM
They're kinda like visual dictionaries, right? I always pictured them as the thing Mon Mothma was using in ROTJ to describe the attack at Endor.

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 03:16:48 PM
From the TF.N unofficial encyclopedia:

known originally as a holographic chronicle, this was a recording device used by the ancient Jedi Knights to hold the multitude of teachings and lore needed to maintain the Jedi Knights. Each of these devices provides a visual and vocal way to view the enclosed information. Each holocron has a gatekeeper assigned to dispense the information. The gatekeeper contains the cognitive network functions of a Jedi Master, and acts as a search, recovery, and storage allocation program. The devices are shaped like small, translucent cubes, and can be activated by a person controlling The Force. The Holocron can sense the user's ability with the Force, and can block out areas of knowledge that are beyond the user's ability. Despite the name, these holocrons were not limited to the Jedi Knights. Several holocrons containing Sith lore have been discovered as well. The technology for constructing a Holocron and storing the personalities and knowledge within one was lost many thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin

So yeah, overally they are visual dictionaries