PDA

View Full Version : EP2 the star wars movie we've been waiting for?

Starquest aka AndyR
Feb 11th, 2002, 09:12:08 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I believe AOTC will be the movie that every fanboi has been waiting for.

I've been looking at the action figures that will be out with the movie and all I can say is, Wow! Seeing those figures makes me a kid again, and I cannot wait for the movie.

What I worry about now is epIII.... If epII seriously rocks our socks off, then Lucas might have a hard time making epIII stand up to II....

Of course look at Jedi as compared to empire. Empire is much better, but that didn't stop me from seeing ROTJ many many times... hehe.

darth_mcbain
Feb 11th, 2002, 09:55:40 AM
First, I think you are right - I think Ep. II will knock our socks off and will be really awesome. But I don't think that that should lead us to believe that George Lucas will have a hard time topping that for Ep. III. Simply, because I don't think he's out to "top" his other movies. He's just got a big story to tell, and each episode presents different points of that story. I try to look at each one not so much individually as just different parts of a whole that fit together.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2002, 10:28:45 AM
Episode 2 looks like it will have the charm, humor, action and adventure that makes SW so great. I thought TPM was lacking somewhat in a couple areas, so I've got my hopes up that AOTC will be better. I'm not even worried about episode 3.

BUFFJEDI
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:34:12 PM
I think just the fact that VADER will be in EP 3 will be all most fans need.

Mu Satach
Feb 11th, 2002, 11:04:53 PM
Hail to the Vader baby.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2002, 11:32:53 PM
Hail to his reported 5 minutes of screen time? :lol
Actually, that would be one helluva thing to look forward to.....

Hart
Feb 23rd, 2002, 01:50:15 PM
I have a feeling that I'm going to REALLY like EpIII, and just think EpII is all right.

JMK
Feb 23rd, 2002, 05:58:47 PM
Both Episodes 2 and 3 are going to be outstanding!

Hart: Where you been? Haven't seen you in a while!

ReturnOfTheCB
Feb 23rd, 2002, 08:13:51 PM
I think I'm inclined toward's Hart's opinion...I don't know if I really feel like another love story :D (though I'm sure it'll be great, I just think that I'm less inclined to like it than I would be Ep III...)

Champion of the Force
Feb 23rd, 2002, 08:19:06 PM
Well I have been avoiding every single possible spoiler I can, however Ep. 2 looks like it's going to be wondeful from what I've seen in a few pics as well as the trailers. :)

as for Ep. 3, well that's going to depend on how good I consider Ep. 2 to be. :D

Hart
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:21:10 PM
JMK:
Well, I'm really post at CoruscantCity.Net most of the time and will journey over here only if I'm feeling unusually social or I'm already in a conversation. I've always found it hard to keep up with two messageboards.

Alec Lafeyette
Feb 24th, 2002, 12:08:58 PM
I think EPII will be okay, I'm not too sure since I've been keeping away from as many spoilers as I can and want it to be as big a suprise as I can. EPIII, though, will be the last of the three and will tie up the OT with the prequels. The thought of seeing the early days of the Empire and the Rebellion, after reading so much about it, will be really interesting if that's where the movie leans toward.

JMK
Feb 24th, 2002, 01:10:54 PM
I don't know how much the 2 trilogies will tie together after episode 3. It depends on how close episode 2 resembles the classic trilogy. Remeber that episode 3 takes place only a couple years after episode 2, so not that much will have changed. It would be another 20 years before ANH takes place, so I think there will have to be some additional work done to the old movies to tie them together seamlessly, but this is a topic we are discussing in the Special Effects Embarassment thread. :D