Damien Routhe
Feb 9th, 2002, 02:07:48 PM
BANDZ!!!:

Sound Masturbation
Bathtub ****ters
Flying Testicle

and best of all

Goddamn Mother**** ****ass Bitches

they are bands wow! many thanks for such a great coffee! this is something you must not forget!

TheHolo.Net
Feb 9th, 2002, 02:34:56 PM
This person has been banned for offensive language and trolling. I had to delete about 4 posts they made in the matter of only a few minutes. x_x

Champion of the Force
Feb 9th, 2002, 08:38:40 PM
I just deleted another one of his in the EU forum.

On the subject of banning, how far do we go? Do we just ban the individual or do we go further and block them from viewing the board entirely etc?

ReaperFett
Feb 9th, 2002, 08:41:50 PM
Id say it depends on what each did

Champion of the Force
Feb 9th, 2002, 08:47:34 PM
Nice point. Trolls like this one could probably be given the full treatment, whereas posters given a 'time out' for a week could just be given the basic ban but still alowed to browse the board etc.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Feb 9th, 2002, 10:29:24 PM
Trolls get the axe and people who know better get a warning. I likes :)

JMK
Feb 10th, 2002, 01:07:35 AM
If you ban someone, can't they just re-register with another handle? If it's the I.P. address that's cut off, couldn't they just use another internet connection?

I agree, people who rock the boat in a non-constructive way should get the boot altogether.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 10th, 2002, 01:19:05 AM
We have the option to ban username, Email addresses, and IP addresses. The guy today earned himself a username and an IP banning. An IP banning makes it so that you cannot even view the forums at all, you just see a message stating that you have been banned.

Mods have the ability to ban a username.

JMK
Feb 10th, 2002, 08:20:06 PM
But if you ban someone's IP address, what prevents them from getting on another comp and re-registering? Not that it makes any difference, I'm just being curious...

Champion of the Force
Feb 10th, 2002, 08:34:13 PM
Nothing really. However most people who receive that level of banning are often one-time trolls who have their fun the first time then are never seen again. Not once do I recall ever having IP bannees returning.

Nupraptor
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:57:35 AM
I like e-mail banning. Most people only have one e-mail address they use, and can't be bothered to register a new e-mail account simply to troll.