PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast trailer out

ReaperFett
Feb 8th, 2002, 02:04:37 PM
Here we go (http://www.lucasarts.com/exclusive/other/trailer.mov)

My opinions:

GOOD

The vast majority of the saber fighting. Especially the bit where the blades meet and stay there.

The AT-ST. It looks different from JK for some reason, but still keeps to it's big imposing ways

Disrupter. I didn't like it, until I saw it work :)

The part where you fight with an ally looked great

Force Lightning *drools*

The way Kyle turns on his sabre is quite a neat touch

BAD

The early fight where the Baddie does the flip didn't look right. I think it was sped up a bit, and hope so. It was about the only enemy move that did look a bit wierd

The wall run. This aint The Matrix :)

Overall, I think it does look sweet. I just want to know the darn storyline already! :)

Taylor Millard
Feb 8th, 2002, 02:38:26 PM
That game is soooooooo gonna rock :) I can't wait! :)

darth_mcbain
Feb 8th, 2002, 02:50:39 PM
That does look really sweet, although you'll probably need a pretty powerful video card for it to run smoothly. I thought the saber stuff looked really cool, a lot better than in the first one.

ReaperFett
Feb 8th, 2002, 02:50:47 PM
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/images/screens/51.jpg
The 'Luke for President' rally was not a huge success

:)

Darth Viscera
Feb 8th, 2002, 02:52:12 PM
I'm going to pre-order the collector's edition tin from ebworld.com for the exceptionally low price of $59.99 :) *available April 2, 2002 in the Continental United States and overseas dependancies. Limited quantities.

Now THAT is advertising! (inside joke)

Taylor Millard
Feb 8th, 2002, 02:53:27 PM
Of course...they didn't get Mark Hamill to be Luke. :mad Atleast I don't think they did. Nice job on making him look kinda like Hamill.

Oh and :lol to RF's comments afterwards.

Live Wire
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:12:38 PM
OMG that rocks!! Finally! After the whole Obi Wan disappointment they're finally gonna release a game worth completing! YAY!!!!!

ReaperFett
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:21:25 PM
XWA, JK and MOTS were well worth it :)

Live Wire
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:26:20 PM
Yes but since then we havent had a decent sw game. They were supposed to give us obi wan but then decided to release it for console only which was a horrible thing to do. If anything games should be PC only and then if its a hit they can release it on console. The Episode 1 games all sucked so finally we're getting a game worth playing.

ReaperFett
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:31:59 PM
Pod Racer was alright. Awesome at the arcade, with the proper Pod Controls.

TPM was fun, but not to the extent that I would buy it again

Star Wars Arcade Is one of the top arcade games ever (THis, POD Arcade and Police 24/7 are the biggies :))

ReaperFett
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:34:47 PM
Now, Rebel Assault 1&2, they were bad. Shame I own both :)

Nupraptor
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:37:07 PM
SW Arcade rocked! Lightsabre fights were a blast.

I didn't like MotS. It felt like they tried to make it a puzzle solving game. :| That, and the cutscenes looked like someone just made an avi recording of the ingame engine, but being software rendered. :x

ReaperFett
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:40:23 PM
Had the cutscenes stayed at the game res, I'd like them. But they stayed low and grainy. My eyes bled :)

Quite ironic that some level makers can make MOTS levels that still look great, but Lucasarts made cutscenes that were beaten by Duke Nukem 3D :)

Loved the last levels of MOTS though. Forgetting you were Mara, and they were near perfect :)

Oh, someone elses caption to the above picture:

"Luke... I love you!"

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

:)

Taylor Millard
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:45:20 PM
I liked Rebel Assault II. One I didnt' care for at all. It looked kinda dumb

ReaperFett
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:46:53 PM
I struggled with the first one. Couldn't get a grasp on a decent control system :)

Alec Lafeyette
Feb 8th, 2002, 04:29:33 PM
The storyline? I don't think this is really a spoiler but I read somewhere that it takes place after ROTJ during the New Republic, and you're basically trying to get rid of all the warlords and unorganized Imps hanging around.

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 8th, 2002, 04:37:31 PM
Oh, and that SW:GB game that seems to have sucked up all my november and december gaming time :p