PDA

View Full Version : Lotr Dvd

Serena Laran
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:03:03 AM
DV tried to post this himself, but his ISP wouldn't let him.

I've been chatting with people in my DivX circles, and there's been mention made of a DVD "Screener" of Lord of the Rings which had limited distribution. Apparently a DivX lord obtained a copy, made a 1400 meg DivX file of it, and circulated it throughout the web.

If you're planning to download or otherwise obtain a pirated copy of LOTR, for God's sakes, please get the 1400 meg DivX screener version. All the other ones were recorded from camcorders and are 3 or 4 VCD's in length (about 2100 or 2800 megs). The DivX version is likely far nearer the quality of DVD.

To clear things up, I believe a "Screener" is sample video sent to the big bosses like Spielberg and Uncle George to make sure they got the movie correct, in this case perhaps in a no-frills DVD format. (far cheaper than film if they weren't finished with the final film spools and whatnot). That's just my theory though, I haven't been able to get a definition.

Just thought I'd mention it for you LOTR freaks.

Darth Viscera
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:04:55 AM
Sorry for using Serena to post for me, my ISP doesn't like anything it perceives to be uploading within a web browser, or something :(

Serena Laran
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:08:07 AM
You just posted just now, what is WRONG with you!??! :D

Darth Viscera
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:14:03 AM
it's different for long posts than for short posts.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:14:38 AM
I absolutly refuse to download a ripped copy of LOTR. The studio 100% deserves my money and I intend to BUY the real thing and wait until it's availble.

And watch it till the DVD melts :)

Darth Viscera
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:19:10 AM
Who the frell said that downloading the DivX precludes you from buying the DVD? What are you, some kind of cheapsteak? Jeez.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:30:43 AM
No I prefer to eat expensive steak

Taylor Millard
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:38:34 AM
*Echos DT's sentiment. Why pay $5 for cheap steak when the good stuff is only $15?

Odd analogy I know. But works I swear.

ReaperFett
Feb 7th, 2002, 04:59:13 AM
Erm, what you're doing here is advertising illegal copies of something. That is bad, mmkay?

Champion of the Force
Feb 7th, 2002, 05:02:01 AM
If it's free, it's good!™

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 7th, 2002, 05:07:47 AM
I'm not so sure about that.

Now, I do have some music I've leeched, but in the main, I tend to buy if I really like and delete if I dont. Most of my Mp3 are actually legal copies under the fair use provisions of the Copyright act.

I also have some songs leeched I simply can not find anywhere in the shops. I'd rather be legit in the end.