PDA

View Full Version : Will anyother major character die in NJO?

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 7th, 2002, 12:07:35 AM
That is my question they have killed off two major characters in NJO and a couple of minor ones so will they kill somebody else? I am guessing Lando will die before its over but other that I am clueless

ReaperFett
Feb 7th, 2002, 04:54:04 AM
Hmmm

Well, so far, we have had four. Elgos was to show the Vong aren't peaceful, and Borsk was to show the fall of the NR. So the two that weren't reason-related are close to Han. I can't see another dying, so I'd say that Kyp, Lando, Wedge and the family are safe.

I have a theory that Gavin will die, meaning that Jaina, Jag and Kyp are Rogues, with one of them as lead. That is possible

Seth Darkserpent
Feb 7th, 2002, 03:49:29 PM
Chewie died to save Anakin.

Anakin died to distract the majority of the Yuuzhan Vong soldiers so his comrades could escape.

Those sound like reasons to me :)

Jag would NEVER join Rogue Squadron while that Chiss female is around. She'd smack the crap out of him and straighten him out if he ever tried.

My guess for the next major character would be another Solo twin, but that might not be true. Another guess would be Nom Anor. He's a major character in NJO and he has to die sooner or later.

Alpha
Feb 28th, 2002, 10:26:30 PM
Wait didn't Jacen die in Dark Journey? I'm about halfway through it, and it gave me the impression Jacen died in it, what with that little Force outburst of his...

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 10:35:40 PM
I don't think he is dead but that is my opinion, I think Leia is right about it mostly because I don't think a major character would die offscreen like that.

Alpha
Feb 28th, 2002, 11:02:02 PM
Might be right there. Most MC's die in full view.

Seth Darkserpent
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:56:25 AM
We find out what happened to Jacen in "NJO: Traitor" which takes place the same time that Dark Journey does.

Personally, I don't think he died. He might've shut himself off to the Force.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:07:21 AM
Maybe he fell to the darkside? Jainia keeps having this dream of fighting her brother and would be ironic if Jacen did fall since he is the one who doesn't want to use the force.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 3rd, 2002, 03:33:45 AM
Maybe in Traitor Jacen becomes a Yuuzhan Vong?

You never know. They might have that kind of knowledge. Hell, look what they did to Tahiri!

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:45:04 AM
:: Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die Please let Callista die ::

Sith Ahnk
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:24:47 AM
:lol
Didn't she already die? I think it says she did in Essentail Guide to Characters.

Seth Darkserpent
Mar 7th, 2002, 08:00:57 PM
So DT, what are the origins of this deep hate for Callista? :)

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 8th, 2002, 12:12:20 AM
What was that EU book with the Eye of Palpatine? Planet of Twilight?

I hated her for stealing Luke from Mara Jade. I hate her for being the single worst character written. I hate her for being something Barbara Hambley made up!!

I hates it!!!!! I hates it forever!!!!!

Seth Darkserpent
Mar 8th, 2002, 12:17:41 PM
She was in "Children of the Jedi"

I've read over 30 EU novels, but that was the worst one I ever purchased. Well, that and Truce at Bakura.

Doc Milo
Mar 8th, 2002, 01:32:15 PM
But . . . . but . . . . what about The Crystal Star?

Now THAT is the worst!

One word: Waru.

'nough said.

Seth Darkserpent
Mar 8th, 2002, 02:06:16 PM
Let me finish Starfighters of Adumar, the second and third book of the Black Fleet crisis, and the Corellian trilogy. Then I'll read Crystal Star and Planet of Twilight. I'm saving the worst for last :)

ReaperFett
Mar 8th, 2002, 02:33:33 PM
I just finished Truce at Bakura. I liked it. Gariel was quite cool.

I thinka lot of the time, the book isnt bad, its just that its SW. PoT wasnt AWFUL, but was just dull, and noone except the droids felt written well(But the image of Jabba chasing someone round with a stick was classic :)).

My least favourite was the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy. Kuat of Kuat of Kuat of Kuat of Kuat of Kuat of Kuat of Kuat of Kuat of Kuat of Ku.......

:)

Jedieb
Mar 8th, 2002, 06:56:33 PM
Children of the Jedi is probably the worst received EU book, and my least favorite. I wish we'd get more anthologies, those were some of my favorites.

Hart
Mar 8th, 2002, 07:51:42 PM
Landos one of my favorite characters. If they do anything to him, I'm going to go apeshit on every NJO author.

ReaperFett
Mar 8th, 2002, 07:55:16 PM
EVERY? Bit harsh there :)

I dont think he will, for one reason. Those who used him the most(Salvatore, Denning) did it because they love Lando. So basically, without them two, Lando would have done nowt. They wouldnt kill off someone like that.

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:20:06 AM
yes, its not very nice when they kill your fave character.
Anakin and Chewbacca was GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! Pick both of the best!

They better not kill Kyp.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:47:48 AM
I read Traitor. Luke kicks the bucket. :)

Nichos Marr
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:27:15 AM
He does? Wow! Ahnk you're so smart.

Even though the whole book is about Jacen Solo with probably just a few mentions of Luke.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:04:46 PM
They can't really kill Luke. They have to let him get into his "dark side" with Ben.

"When I was your age I had to walk 5 miles in the snow in Obi Wan's pajamas to the Jedi Council... up hill! Both ways! You've got it lucky... I don't see the Empire anywhere? Huh? Uh. Thats because I killed em for all you ungrateful little bastards... and then the New Republic abandons the Jedi and decides they can do fine without them... and then Leia put me in a home! Damn that woman! Don't see her putting Han in a home, and he's always 'Chewie! Chewie!' like a darned crazy man!"
(Attendent) "Mr. Skywalker it's time for your nap..."
"I don't need no frickin nap! I'm a Jedi Master damnit! I could kill you all! I will kill you all!"
(Attendant)*shoots Luke with a tranquilizer and watches him fall asleep*

Alpha
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:38:23 PM
:lol