Jedieb
Feb 5th, 2002, 03:18:57 PM
Oh, my god.....

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/02/news20020205_1.html

:crack

darth_mcbain
Feb 5th, 2002, 03:45:16 PM
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!

That is a really sweet cover - I think I might have found my latest background for my PC.

According to the article, it is released April 23. I'm definitely going to get it in hardback - its getting myself to not read it in the 3 weeks between then and the movie that will be really tough...

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 5th, 2002, 04:07:35 PM
It is a great cover, I wonder if that will be the only one or will there be others like TPM, I do like seeing Jango there in front of the clonetroopers (I'm guessing that is what they are)

JMK
Feb 5th, 2002, 05:58:43 PM
Yeah! I really can't wait for this now! I'm going to have to do the same thing with the novel as with the soundtrack; give it to someone else for a few weeks until after AOTC comes out.

Jedieb
Feb 5th, 2002, 10:25:50 PM
I haven't heard anything about multiple covers and I don't think we'll be getting any this time around. In fact, with plenty of EP1 sales data to go by the merchandising glut of EP1 should be avoided this time around. I think that's an amazing cover. You get the principals and the coolest villian of the film. I'm surprised you don't see Obi-Wan anywhere, but the cover rocks nevertheless.

BUFFJEDI
Feb 5th, 2002, 10:30:21 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hart
Feb 5th, 2002, 10:57:18 PM
I was hoping for it to be more similiar to the EpI covers. I want the trilogy to match each other. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 5th, 2002, 11:06:04 PM
Obi-Wan, Mace, and perhaps Dooku could all be on the back of the book which we don't see. At least I hope that is the case.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 7th, 2002, 05:47:41 AM
Errrrr....

I dunno. Sort of leave me cold.

JMK
Feb 7th, 2002, 12:24:49 PM
Of course I'm biased to anything with Portman on it, but as much as I like the cover, it looks very EU to me! :p

RHJediKnight
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:10:38 AM
That is definitely an excellent cover. Much much MUCH better than the cover(s) for the TPM novelization.

I am disappointed that Obi-Wan isn't there, though, but he'll definitely be on the back cover. Still, Obi-Wan being the best character in Star Wars (well, in my opinion), he deserves to be on the front. Ah well... :)

Oh and for anyone who remembers me, hiya!

::still misses his post count... :(::

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2002, 06:38:20 AM
Hey RH! Neesa be DT in a different name :)

I sort of had a second apprasal, as first time around I simply could not decide. I dont like the clones / troops at the bottom. I would think ti would look better with just Fett in place. I'll also admit, I am no fan of Portman either

Starquest aka AndyR
Feb 11th, 2002, 12:10:09 PM
Isnt that the paperback cover? the hardback cover is much different. More of a bleak cover for the hardback.
I actually cannot find any pictures of it online... wonder if they were pulled. Hmmm...

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 12:42:24 PM
JANGO JOHN WOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Jedieb
Feb 11th, 2002, 12:48:05 PM
I was under the impression that that was the hardback cover. I've seen other covers for other AOTC books (The Art of, etc.), but I haven't seen any other novelization covers.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:04:37 PM
How can you not like Portman:huh Really though I like, I like seeing the Troopers and Fett on the bottom to me it looks cool of course I beginning to like anything with Jango on it so what do I know.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:21:35 PM
What? Not liking Portman??? Blasphemy! Sacriledge! :p

Starquest aka AndyR
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:48:51 PM
Oops, my mistake. It was the "The Art of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones" that I saw...

In my defense, "The Art Of" is written very small at the top... My goof guys...

Link to book cover:
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/02/news20020207_cover.html

darth_mcbain
Feb 11th, 2002, 02:23:01 PM
I must echo JMK's post - how can you not like Portman??? :huh

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:32:05 PM
How can I not like Portman?

Very, Very easily.

I dont find her attractive in any way and I certainly am not impressed with her acting skills. She was very ordinary in TPM and I have to say, I always fast forward just about any scence she is in especially early on.

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:34:25 PM
She acts well in Leon/THe Professional

Jedieb
Feb 11th, 2002, 09:33:43 PM
She's amazing in Beautiful Girls and makes Where The Heart Is bearable. I think she's amazing and one of the best casting decisions GL ever made. Your opinion of her Marcus is the first negative one I've EVER heard so you can understand our shock.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2002, 11:31:07 PM
I dont find her attractive in any way and I certainly am not impressed with her acting skills.

Cannot.....compute....:x

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2002, 12:44:59 AM
I echo JMK's state,ment, I think she is a very talented actress one of two actresses in her age group (18-22) that are both extremely talented and beautiful the other IMO is Leelee Sobieski, I am torn between the two, Leelee needs to pick some better movies IMO though but she is almost there (interestingly she was one of the ones up for Padme I don't think she could have pulled it off though). Natalie is huge because of SW (I think Natalie has mentioned this in articles how nobody knew who she was before, in public, and now her life has changed) she is also incredibly smart she is going to Harvard. Oh well I guess we alll can't share the same tastes.

Starquest aka AndyR
Feb 12th, 2002, 08:09:46 AM
I think natalie portman is very average. She has nice looks, but nothing to set her apart. I think of her as an everyday type of actress, kind of like sandra bullock - average.

Now portman's acting skills are not average, they are very good. In TPM you do have to think about what her actual acting time is spent doing (when she is not amidala, who is wooden) - talking to Jake Lloyd. Anyone trying to act with Jake Lloyd is going to come off as bad, because Jake Lloyd is just bad - I wont go into that any deeper.

She was awesome in Leon (the professional). Did you hear they are going to make a sequal to Leon? Heard it on aint-it-cool-news.

JMK
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:40:18 AM
Wow, just goes to show how opinions differ. I find Natalie the 2nd hottest woman in the world, and some find her average. Go figure....

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2002, 10:31:39 AM
I do too JMK but I guess not all great minds can think a like;)

darth_mcbain
Feb 12th, 2002, 11:16:56 AM
Just out of curiosity JMK, who's the first in your book? (BTW - The correct answer here is 'my better half') :)

I happen to think Natalie is very hot and a wonderful actress. I really like how she seems to be down to earth and doesn't have a huge Hollywood ego.

And JMC I agree: Leelee = HOT

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2002, 12:14:42 PM
Yeah I like both Leelee and Natalie I have difficulties choosing between the two, they are both great actresses and are very beautiful IMO, it will be interesting to see how their careers end up (Interesting that they both attend Ivy League schools, Natalie-Harvard, Leelee-Brown, at least if their careers fizzle they will have something to fall back on)

JMK
Feb 12th, 2002, 02:43:41 PM
I find Laetitia Casta the hottest woman there is (of course, my better half is untouchable :) ) Natalie is second with Rachael Leigh Cook right behind.