PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Fair

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 4th, 2002, 11:21:21 PM
It looks like Vanity Fair will be doing a AOTC preview after all, here is the story from the Starwars.com

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/02/news20020204.html

I think I am going to pick that issue up

JMK
Feb 5th, 2002, 08:57:31 AM
Yeah, I saw those pics on TF.N the other day, it looks like another cool magazine to pick up. I have the Vanity Fair from TPM, it was totally worth it, it had a really good story on SW, but then again, aren't they all?

Hart
Feb 5th, 2002, 10:57:37 PM
Yup, I read the one for TPM too and loved it. I can't wait to pick this one up.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 7th, 2002, 11:12:01 PM
Well it looks the subscribers have now got the issue and theforce.net has put some new stuff on it, not really spoiler just who is on what page
Contents page pics:
Lama Su (maquette)
Senator Tessek
Senator Orn Free Taa

Lucas Filming Anakin and Padme (on editorial page)
Hayden and Natalie ("in civilian gear") (2pg. spread)
R2 in crate
Mace Windu
Obi-Wan (hood-up)
Jango (profile) -- very cool looking
Broken, tarnished (?) Battle Droid
George filming Obi-Wan jumping with Sam Jackson looking on (2pg. spread)
Anakin and Padme about to kiss (2pg. spread).

Following the tradition of the EI VF, the article confirms part of the opening crawl. Unfortunately, the short article is relatively useless for us spoiled types. Still, the photos alone are well worth the $4.

Now if you purchase it you can see hte opening crawl is going to be in the issue, so that could influence you decision. It doesn't bother me the opening crawl doesn't really tell you much about the story, besides I can have it memorized before it opens :D

darth_mcbain
Feb 8th, 2002, 10:17:13 AM
I think I'll probably pass on it... Even if the opening crawl doesn't give away too much, I think I'd rather see it for the first time in the movie. There's something special about when you sit down in the theater, the LucasFilm Logo flashes on the screen, and you read the opening scroll for the first time - it is just part of the setup for me and I'd rather keep it a secret until the opening...

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 8th, 2002, 11:42:34 AM
It doesn't bother me I guess, I knew the opening crawl of TPM about two months before it came out, I read it some magazine, can't remember which one it might have been Vanity Fair. The pictures do look cool, if you want I can give you some links to them (I'm sure theforce.net will post them soon)

JMK
Feb 8th, 2002, 02:26:15 PM
I just got it and quickly looked at the pics. They look good, but I haven't read the article yet. I'll let you know my opinion when I finish it! :p

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 8th, 2002, 11:16:11 PM
Cool let me know how it is, and is the pic of Jango Fett as cool as I heard?

Jinn Fizz
Feb 9th, 2002, 04:47:15 PM
I picked up this issue today, and the pics are fabulous. The one of Obi-Wan was the best, as far as I'm concerned. :)

And yes, Jedi Master Carr, you will definitely approve of the picture of Jango Fett!

I haven't read the article, though, and probably won't until the movie comes out. The pictures aren't spoilers at all, at least I don't think so, but I don't want to stumble across anything I don't wanna know in the article itself.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 9th, 2002, 11:04:44 PM
Cool, I haven't seen it around here yet, do you live in the US? I guess it could just not be out around here yet because the magazine people around here do seem slow, I am hoping I will be able to find it this week.

JMK
Feb 10th, 2002, 12:21:31 AM
I agree, the Obi Wan picture is the best by far. I read the article, and it's ok, nothing given away at all. The only thing mentioned is that AOTC isn't that dark, but episode 3 will be very very dark. Still, the pics are all really cool.

Jinn Fizz
Feb 10th, 2002, 12:57:23 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Cool, I haven't seen it around here yet, do you live in the US?
Yup, I live in California. I saw this issue at a couple of places, including the grocery store, and ended up buying it at my local B. Dalton store. My local Waldenbooks still had last month's issue on display, so I guess some places are definitely lagging in getting the new issue out.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 10th, 2002, 02:15:47 AM
Well the magazine distrubter around here is usually late at most of the grocery and dept stores, I guess I could go check Books A Million, I think I might go hunting for it Monday, I figure by then I should be able to find it.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2002, 02:53:12 PM
I finally found it, yes and it is great the pictures are wonerfull, especially the ones with Natalie, and I thought the Jango one was cool too. The article is pretty good, there aren't really any spoilers except for two what looks like part of the Opening Crawl, they only reveal one section of it unless they made it up. And then there is something mentioned very briefly about the internet gossip about Jango Fett doesn't reveal enough to really figure it out I would recommend it for the pictures heck you could just look at the pics and put the magazine away until after the movie comes out.

JMK
Feb 12th, 2002, 04:50:35 PM
That's what I did for the last Vanity Fair Issue. I read it, admired it, looked at the spoiler pics, then put it away until this past weekend to compare how the stars have aged.