PDA

View Full Version : Black Hawk Down

Zasz Grimm
Feb 4th, 2002, 08:47:29 AM
I know Fett posted a movie review but I have to say it.

When I saw this movie yesterday I was in awe at it all, I mean, when this happened the news didn't cover it that much. That was one reason for my watching it. It was an awesome movie that I would gladly go see again, I reccomend that others see it as well!

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Feb 4th, 2002, 11:58:37 AM
Of course the news doesnt cover it =P It was a special Ops mission and it was a complete mess :(

But the movie was powerful I must say. I cringed in my seat for because of the graphic nature and realism it presented. Made me feel the intensity, fear and death they had to go through.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 4th, 2002, 01:16:02 PM
I know, my dad who is in the navy said that he didn't know how much of a hell hole it actually was out there.

:(

Khan Surak
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:02:34 PM
I agree, Zasz. It reminded me of 'Band of Brothers', which is really good by the way, except it was much more modern. It was the compromise between 'Thin Red Line' and 'Saving Private Ryan', I think, and actually took in the whole scope of the conflict there while still realizing the human story. Excellent movie.

ReaperFett
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:08:34 PM
Good grief! Someone read the review! :)

That and Three Kings are the best war films in the modern age, IMO

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:14:09 PM
Yes! Three kings was another great one!

Jared Mriad
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:14:18 PM
Black Hawk Down was made in the same format as Band of Brothers, That made it bettah than the other formats :D

Zasz Grimm
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:40:25 PM
What really gets me mad is, I would not have known about the conflict in Somalia unless I had seen this movie.

But it was awesome, and I will buy this when it comes out on DVD.

DarthHERA
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:53:51 PM
I read your review Fett.

Havent seen BHD yet tho. One of these days. I have to be in the mood to watch a war movie.

Jedi Knight Aura
Feb 4th, 2002, 05:05:21 PM
Im seeing it tomorrow..Cant wait..I read the book. :) All Americans should see it. I got to get my new nic in here yet, Im Aura Allei soon...**needs to sign up that nic yet.**

Khendon Sevon
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:31:03 PM
Blackhawk Down... great movie. Going to see it again and get it on DVD.

Darth Viscera
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:41:07 PM
At least there's no water in this war flick, and it's not raining. *Thanks a multitude of deities*. They should have developed the plot a bit more-the movie made me drowsy for 3 hours.

Jared Mriad
Feb 4th, 2002, 08:11:33 PM
No water that was able to be *touched* by the GI's.. Thank the gods!

Jedi Knight Aura
Feb 6th, 2002, 08:25:13 AM
Didnt get to see the movie yet, blast it. I do know an Army Ranger Sgt. They are so cool, and I sure wouldnt want to tangle with one. O_o

Darth Viscera
Feb 6th, 2002, 01:14:57 PM
uhh, my uncle was 82nd airborne during and before the gulf war. *just wanted to add something there*

Garrett Blade
Feb 6th, 2002, 02:51:49 PM
How brilliant is this! I managed to post in a thread about a film I haven't seen without seeing any spoilers :)

Zasz Grimm
Feb 7th, 2002, 01:21:53 PM
Nifty, eh?

:)

Phantom
Feb 7th, 2002, 11:13:48 PM
BHD was a Great Movie. I haven't seen "Band of Brothers" yet unfortinetly, but another great war movie some of you mentioned was "Saving Private Ryan" It really showed what it was like storming Normandy it makes me appreciate my freedoms even more.

One of the main things that pisses me off about the whole Somaolia thing is that after all they went through Clinton pulled them out, god what a disgrace he was, but I guess you can't expect much from a man and I use that term lightly, who ran away when it was his time to serve his country. What a gutless wounder.

But anyways BHD Great Movie...

Darth Viscera
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:42:05 AM
Finally someone realizes the truth about Clinton. It's surprising that we're still here and maintaining our sovereignty at all (such as it is -_-) after having gone without a president for 8 years.

Ghostie Gitane
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:24:32 PM
I wanna see BHD... But I'm really bad about seeing gory movies in the theaters. I'm still thinking about it.

ReaperFett
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:25:47 PM
oh, it's not THAT gory...

:)

Jared Mriad
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:28:31 PM
not if you count a sigment of the medic digging into the wounded soldiers leg looking for a veign, while he screams bloody murder and passes out. :D

Phantom
Feb 8th, 2002, 06:25:52 PM
or an RPG ripping someone in half.

Ghostie Gitane
Feb 9th, 2002, 06:53:06 AM
I can usually handle blood, IRL or in a video game. Hell, I read Johnny the Homocidal Maniac for crying out loud.

But for some reason, I can't stomach much blood in live-action movies. Not when they're in the movie theater, at least.