PDA

View Full Version : 86, 87, 88 ,89, 90....

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:29:19 PM

There now exists 91 victims of the famed FORCE FRYING PAN. The final countdown is on.... who will be no. 100?

Lets see... I've panned men, women, forums, droids, Jedi, Sith, muppets, cars, cats.....

Cats?

Hang on, I haven't panned a Cizerack yet!

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty!!!

Okay, so I'm bored. Where IS everyone else???

Edit : Make that 92. And I got myself a Cizerack :p :p :p

imported_Firebird1
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:34:00 PM
Were busy watching the commericals to the Super Bowl...What are you watching?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:36:32 PM
I"m an Aussie at work who couldnt care less about the ToiletBowl :p

Actually, I'm waiting for a Fibre Optic Internet connection to be finished

Darth Viscera
Feb 3rd, 2002, 10:59:51 PM
I'm bored too, encoding a version of Saving Private Ryan to DivX 3 at 3904kbps. The resulting file will be 5400mb. SPR is just a bitch to rip; it needs that many bits to display 100% at 704x384@ 69.7 compressibility test.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:30:05 PM
@_@ at the Tech talk. .....

But I know super bowl :lol

Havta to say the Budweiser commerical was nice with the horses since they were going back to their roots and honoring what happened in New York

Y'all can go back to tech talk now LOL

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:41:21 PM
I'm bored too, encoding a version of Saving Private Ryan to DivX 3 at 3904kbps. The resulting file will be 5400mb. SPR is just a bitch to rip; it needs that many bits to display 100% at 704x384@ 69.7 compressibility test.

:: Has dumb look on face::

I didn't know you spoke Orc.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:47:03 PM
yay! it wasn't just me!

Darth Viscera
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:50:15 PM
OMG, you're right. I am a supreme dumbass. Thanks, DT, I just realized I was overshooting and compensated to 3636kbits @ 64.7 comp test. A 7-CD rip should do fine. Should I use symetric luminance correction at 5%?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 4th, 2002, 12:18:54 AM
Only if the sunspots affect the Earth's magnetic rotation.

Your attempts at obtaining Luser Mode, as explored by Simon the president of the Barstard Operator From Hell (BOFH) Society * **(of which I am a fully paid up member) are found to have failed by excessive and needless technical jargon (Ie, Bulls***) that hint that even an inexperienced Luser could see through.

* - There really is one

** - I really am a member

*** - Just a smear after I splatted a fly on the post

Darth Viscera
Feb 4th, 2002, 12:58:23 AM
guh? O_o

You've lost me. 5% or default (25%)?

imported_Firebird1
Feb 4th, 2002, 01:11:27 AM
Default..

You don't want your files in your Hard drive to go nuts.

By storing that movie ad .5, you put stress on your cylnders. This causes them to heat up which demagnitizes your drive, deleating your OS and such. This also causes many a video card to overwrite the bios and delete the regrestry, and take control of your directorys. Next up, your power supply may spike, causing your CPU to reach critical mass, and then your video card will overwrite your bios...

Then taking in lunar trajectories, plate techtonics, and predictions of an old wisard who smokes you computer would explode in 50 seconds unless it's a Tuesday then it would burn to the center of the Earth, killing us all, and creating a second moon. So please use .25 or WE MIGHT DIE....

Darth Viscera
Feb 4th, 2002, 03:13:25 AM
Too late. I'm already 74.5% into encoding it with a 5% symetric correction. I guess we'll all just have to be screwed :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:25:07 AM
FIREBIRD!!!! You dont subscribe to BOFH as well do you??? That was superb!

Serena Laran
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:51:29 AM
......... but can anyone tell me why deleting the cookies on my computer didn't solve my style set problem? I can't even get the d*mn thing to stay on the text ONLY styles. IT ALWAYS GOES BACK TO REBEL AFTER A POST! AUGH!

And it doesn't matter what name I'm in under. ALWAYS it is Rebel! Its a pukey brown/pink color! Ugh!

Nupraptor
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:38:37 AM
Are you selecting the style you want from the drop down menu, or selecting it from your CP? If you only select it from the drop down, it will default back to whatever you have it set as in your CP next time you come back.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 4th, 2002, 08:49:58 AM
:: Eyes the technical talk ::

Huh?

imported_Firebird1
Feb 4th, 2002, 11:04:01 AM
FIREBIRD!!!! You dont subscribe to BOFH as well do you??? That was superb!

No, I don't, I've had natural training in this area...

Arya Ravenwing
Feb 4th, 2002, 05:32:51 PM
Originally posted by Nupraptor
Are you selecting the style you want from the drop down menu, or selecting it from your CP? If you only select it from the drop down, it will default back to whatever you have it set as in your CP next time you come back.

Okay, for example, last night I was posting as Serena Laran, who's style set is on Text Based: Dark (from my CP). It stayed on Rebel. I don't think ANY of my character's are set on Rebel, although I could be wrong. :( (also, interesting note, at one point, Serena's style set was reported as Default yesterday, but all the other times it came up as Text Based. Didn't change what I saw though...still Rebel! AUGH!)

When I change it from the drop down menu, it stays that way for about ten minutes, or until I make a post or hit reply, and it reverts to Rebel. O_o I think I'm just going to have to live with it, but it is REALLy strange.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 4th, 2002, 05:35:29 PM
Might try deleting your cookies and browser cache to see if maybe its something in the cache doing it. I'd delete cache first then cookies.

Does it do it at both work and home?

Arya Ravenwing
Feb 4th, 2002, 05:38:36 PM
By browser cache, do you mean my temp. internet files? If so, I tried those already. Both the cookies and the temporary internet files. To no avail. :(

And it only does it at home, here at work things do what I want them to. On the computer, at least. Although I have to use Netscape... urg...

TheHolo.Net
Feb 4th, 2002, 05:39:45 PM
Is your home PC a MAC?

Darth Viscera
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:53:43 PM
Try holding down ctrl and press F5, and see if it still loads the Rebel stylesheet. I once had a similar problem with E*TRADE, where I was getting old stock charts and the like, loaded from the cache rather than the net. Also, you might fiddle with the "Check for newer versions of stored pages" options under Temperorary Internet Files>Settings.

Arya Ravenwing
Feb 4th, 2002, 07:13:54 PM
No, its a PC, not a Mac. Off hand I have no idea what it is :p