PDA

View Full Version : something strange....

BUFFJEDI
Feb 3rd, 2002, 06:59:18 PM
and it aint me this time:D

every time for the last few day's , I have to leave the forum and come back in a couple of times Just to get the right date of the topic's and posts:( Whats wrong?? Thanks Buff

Champion of the Force
Feb 3rd, 2002, 07:10:56 PM
I'm not sure I'm following you buff. Are you saying that the date and time you've specified in your Control Panel keeps changing everythime you visit?

BUFFJEDI
Feb 3rd, 2002, 08:47:48 PM
Hard to follow me???;)

like today is the 3rd of Jan. If I go to the Box office forums it will take me to like 12/31/o1 dated posts/topics.so I have to go back to the main board(that lists all the forums and re click on box office agian and sometimes agian to get 1/3/02 posts and topic's.

Sorry to bother you about it but it's about to drive me crazy.Hope this post explains it a little better:D .thanx alot davwj:rollin

Champion of the Force
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:39:29 PM
If it does it again, try doing a Super refresh (Ctrl-Shift-Refresh) on the page. It could be that you're seeing a page that's been saved in the cache of your computer from an earlier date.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:43:00 PM
Question for buff:

Do you use the "Mark Forum Read" feature?

BUFFJEDI
Feb 3rd, 2002, 10:15:24 PM
no i don't think I do unless I use it by accident.You do have to remember I'm lucky I have the mental capability to make a simple post:D

also what has been happening is if I go into like lets say Box office forum , It sometimes changes Styles(without me doing it.

This has happened before , and it cleared it self up so it could be a glitch in my puter(maybe).

Instead of bothering you guy's with it further, I'll wait and see if it is still doing it in a couple of day's

Thnks for looking into it :) If it keeps it up,I'll let you know and I'll try and give you a better description of what it is doing.thanks for your time Davwj/swfans.net

BTW: sometimes at the top where its say WELCOME BACK it has me as (Hari Rendale)

TheHolo.Net
Feb 3rd, 2002, 10:26:25 PM
After reading all the new topics within a forum, clicking the link near the top that says "Mark Forum Read" will change the images that are displayed in the forum for individual topics, which will most likely help your browser know there have been changes upon your next visit, if new posts are made and the images are back, but in new places.

An issue with styles changing on you is if you are using one other than the Default (Portal) [white] one yet have not changed it in your <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=editoptions>control panel options</a> in the Style Set area, then it will most likely revert if you log out and back in or clear the cache in your browser.