PDA

View Full Version : Ebay?

Darth23
Feb 2nd, 2002, 01:08:11 PM
So TheForce.net has all these pics of Episode 2 figures that aare for sale now on Ebay - the latest entry is an 11 piece set for $299

Two Hundred and Ninety Nine Bucks? 27 dollars a piece for a bunch of figures that will be readily available in a [few] weeks?

What's the point? Who would spend that kind of money? And way?

imported_QuiGonJ
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:36:49 PM
No one really knows.. they are just people with more money than sense who want it NOW and want it FIRST.

And half those auctions are pre-sells, which means they buy the figures on the release date like the rest of us but the poor sap who bid on it pays a premium.

I stand by my statement: If the love of money if the root of all evil, the e-bay is truly the devil's own work.

Jedieb
Feb 3rd, 2002, 10:30:51 PM
This is something that makes me sick. It's a combination of greed and STUPIDITY. A few of these sales are pre-sells, but many of them are legit. They're figures that are coming out of Hong Kong that dealers really do have in hand. Unfortunately, no one's forcing these fools to buy figures that will be in stores in a matter of weeks. You can't save people from their stupidity. I also imagine that some of these sales and purchases are coming from dealers/scalpers. They buying them hoping to resell them in the coming weeks for a quick profit.

DON'T BUY THESE!!!! PATIENCE, YOU MUST LEARN PATIENCE!!!

Darth23
Feb 4th, 2002, 02:30:22 AM
Well there is that whole 'fool and his money' saying.

JMK
Feb 4th, 2002, 07:27:26 PM
I would think alot of it has to do with the buyer "being the first to have it". Still, that's no excuse for that type of stupidity and impatience.

sirdizzy
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:12:27 PM
it always happens it rarely makes sense