PDA

View Full Version : Moderator positions available

Champion of the Force
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:26:24 PM
For those of you who may not be aware, Jedieb has retired from the staff due to real life issues which prevent him from fully serving the position.

As a result we are now looking for more moderator(s) (have yet to decide how many) to fill in the gap.

Same routine - moderators are expected to monitor their relevant sections (in this case, the SW section) and ensure everything is running along in accordance with the rules and guidelines set out. You don't need any special skills or anything to do the job, however nominees should be around fairly regularly to do the job (I would estimate *at least* 4-5 times a week if not more) and also have been around a while so they know how the board functions.

In addition to this, I would also hope that whoever gets the job will be prepared to keep the role beyond the release of Ep. 2 and into the forseeable future (ie. don't nominate someone who's going to have to quit in 3 weeks due to other concerns).

Hope that's all clear. Nominate away. :)

PS. Don't bother nominating ReaperFett - he's already a mod for the Roleplaying section and as such has full mod powers here as well. :)

JonathanLB
Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:19:33 AM
Well that is too bad about Jedieb not having the time anymore.

BUFFJEDI
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:49:59 AM
I hope all is well at the EB(s) household:(

There are so many who would make great mods.I'll list my picks in order and why.

1. Doc milo: always thought ful and knows his stuff(I doubt he has time though)(he hasn't been around much :(

2.JMK. always there when you need him and is quite clever (or atleast he thinks so ;)

3.darth 23. I think he has been here forever and knows his stuff and takes pride in his posts.

4.Darth Mcbain. Full of info (well full of something ;) ) but has been a big poster in the last few months.

5.Buffjedi (yeah ME!!!)ain't to smart BUT I can't beat you up :D

there is one more in mind who would make a HECK!!! of a mod But he can get a little cynical at times.O_o

JonathanLB
Feb 2nd, 2002, 02:33:55 PM
Now I am wondering who can get a little cynical. You have piqued my curiosity :)

Doc Milo
Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:40:31 PM
I like Buff's list (but keep me off of it, I don't have the time right now to dedicate to the task, with wedding preparations and all...(thanks anyway, Buff :) ))

I think everyone on that list would make great mods.

Jedieb
Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:51:58 PM
Sorry to have to let you guys down but I just don't have the time anymore. I do have the time to nominate JMK and McBain. Both of these guys would do a great job.

JMK
Feb 2nd, 2002, 05:23:01 PM
Dude, it sounds like you don't have the time to come around here much anymore at all. That would stank ****! You ain't leaving are ya?

BUFFJEDI
Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:40:58 PM
uh well uh well uh Jon, I'll have to get back to you on that :angel :uhoh

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:47:54 PM
MCBAIN!!!

Sorry, something came over me. It wont happen again

Today :P

darth_mcbain
Feb 4th, 2002, 10:46:49 AM
First off, I have to say I'm sorry to see EB step down - I thought he did a really good job... :clap I hope he stays around the boards to hang with us...

Second, thanks for the noms guys. I'll say this - I am interested, but to be honest, I don't know if I can meet up with the expectations set out by Davwj. I plan to be here at least through Ep. 2, and would probably be here enough times per week, but I've got some things going on now as well, so I don't know if I can guarantee that I'd be there... I'll need to think it over a bit. At any rate, thanks again for the noms - I'm honored.

Lastly, I would just like to second my vote for all of the candidates put forward by buff. All would be excellent Mods IMHO (Too bad you stepped down Doc - though I can't blame you. Having recently gotten married myself, I know that you won't have the time for a while... ;) )

Edit: Where did the little clap "smilie" go? Oh well, you know what I mean --- :clap :clap :clap EB...

Champion of the Force
Feb 8th, 2002, 07:41:45 PM
Nominations moved to mod forum for final analysis.

Clearly JMK and McBain are the 2 most likely candidates. JMK is a sure win, however McBain is still an uncertainty.

I'll promote JMK today sometime however I'll hold off on McBain until I can get some more info from him via e-mail.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 8th, 2002, 11:07:49 PM
Welcome Aboard JMK if you have any trouble with anything let me know I am sure I can lend a hand:)

JMK
Feb 9th, 2002, 12:56:44 AM
Thanks guys! I should be around here enough to merit the position. If I need any help I'll be sure to let you know. If you guys do something like delete a thread/post or move a thread, just let me know how it's done for future reference. Thanks again! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 9th, 2002, 02:07:10 AM
Sure thing, that is something you need to get the hang of I didn't know how to do it for a little while so I know the feeling there, and I am sure it will become a problem soon once we get closer to AOTC.

Champion of the Force
Feb 9th, 2002, 08:30:24 PM
JMK - if you want you could go to the later pages of the Miscellaneous forum and practice opening/closing/deleting threads (they're so old that no one gives a damn anymore) if you want some practice. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 9th, 2002, 11:24:00 PM
Thats a good idea I doubt anybody would miss any of those threads.

JMK
Feb 10th, 2002, 01:09:56 AM
Yar! Sounds good!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:44:27 PM
Since Mcbain can't do it, is there any type of a plan B? I guess Reaper can back us up right he does post on most of those boards anyways (at least Box office and EU) I don't think it will be a problem right now, I am just worried about March first (when the last trailer comes out and maybe the Oscars) and then late April when all the Ep2 stuff starts coming out, that is when this place is going to be busy.

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2002, 03:15:14 PM
so you know, I do look over Films normally, just not the spoiler threads

Champion of the Force
Feb 11th, 2002, 04:43:46 PM
McBain can't do it now but he said he would be interested if the job was made available sometime in the future.

I'm thinking of just leaving it as is for now, and maybe look at the issue again when Ep. 2 draws nearer - maybe around late March/early April.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2002, 11:46:33 PM
Yeah, I agree, once the trailer hits and we get a better idea of the hype around the movie, we'll get a clearer picture of how much traffic we'll have. I guess then will be a better time to add another mod...

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2002, 12:25:22 AM
Oh Okay reaper I forgot i have seen you posting over there before, I just forgot, yeah and Davwj I think you are right its best to see how things go by March I am not sure how much traffic we will have myself.