PDA

View Full Version : RP Proposal

Syron Ward
Feb 1st, 2002, 09:17:46 PM
If any of you are familiar with "Tales of The Bounty Hunters" and have read the IG-88 story, you would know that there was actually 4 IG-88s that were exact copies of each other. There was one more that was a different model, but that doesn't matter.

In the story, The IG-88s have this plan to destroy all biologics by taking over this droid manufacturing world and secretly placing devices in the droids they build so that they would respond to a signal. A signal which would make them rise up against their biological masters. In the meantime as they built and exported their tainted droids, three of them became bounty hunters to fulfill part of their programming. In the end, all four were destroyed. Only two of them were able to send their data back to Mechis III, the manufacturing planet, so that they could be rebuilt and continue on as usual. Actually, IG-88C sent it's info somewhere else.

IG-88C uploaded his files and sent them to his counterpart an instant before his ship exploded over Tatooine.

Now, it had two other counterparts to send the info too; IG-88D who was destroyed later by Fett, and IG-88A who was on Mechis III. So, that could be discussed later.

IG-88B was destroyed by Fett in Cloud City, but he sent his files to Mechis III before his body was terminated, it clearly states that. This leaves an opening. I propose that sometime in the future, we go through with this. Someone would play IG-88B and do the entire droid revolution thing. It'd be a huge rp and end up with biologics winning, of course, but it'd be fun I think. What do you say?

Morgan Evanar
Feb 2nd, 2002, 01:25:57 AM
I would, but Morgan's droid is loyal to two things: Morgan, and the White Rhino Tea's computer.

The rest of the universe can screw itself, so says the grumpy astromech.

Sanis Prent
Feb 2nd, 2002, 02:38:07 AM
I believe there is already an IG-88 here.

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:27:52 AM
IG-90 last I heard. He upgraded himself. But I don't remember if he'd been blown up or not yet. Ask Nichos/Seth, he usually remembers these things.

ReaperFett
Feb 2nd, 2002, 06:24:08 AM
Wasn't the other one inside the DS' computer when it blew up?

Seth Darkserpent
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:33:30 AM
Yes, I created a character IG-90, using the IG-72 story to back up his past:

The first IG-series droid recognized itself as IG-88, when a sudden flash of sentience ran wild in its memory banks. After killing all of Halowan scientists on the IG project. IG-88 downloaded its complete programming into the other four droids. Three of the four were exact copies, and they designated themselves IG-88B, IG-88C, and IG-88D, with the first droid assuming the designation IG-88A. The fifth droid was flawed,and recognized itself as IG-72. After killing more than twenty Holowan employees during their escape, the IG-88s and IG-72 parted company. ~ From the TF.N Encyclopedia

And this is IG-72's entry:

IG-72
One of the first five Holowan Mechanicals assassin droids to be activated, IG-72 gained its own independence and become a freelance bounty hunter. The first IG-88 droid had downloaded all its programming into the other four droids, but found IG-72 deficient in subtle ways. IG-72, along with IG-88 and the other IG-series droids, killed twenty-three members of the Holowan Laboratories staff during their escape. Rather than fight amongst themselves, the IG-88 droids and IG-72 agreed to part company after escaping the Holowan labs. Like many of his kind, IG-72 performed his assassination dutied flawlessly until the order to return for memory wipe was received. Then, like many other IG-series droids, IG-72 went rogue. He was hunted by independent and Imperial forces, and went into hiding to conserve power. He re-emerged when Parlan issued the bounty for Adar Tallon, but was unsuccessful in recovering the Alliance tactician. IG-72 again went into hiding, and hasn't been heard from since.

As you can see he went into hiding and was never seen again. This left a door of possibilities open. My IG-90 claims that he was discovered by Imperial loyalists. He took advantage of them and stole a lot of their credits. IG-90 escaped on one of their best ships and used the credits to upgrade himself immensely, hence the 90 in IG-90.

I do plan to have IG-90 destroyed in an upcoming roleplay of mine, but I'm not sure when I am going to start it.

Arya Ravenwing
Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:24:18 PM
IG-90 is a bounty hunter, right?

Syron Ward
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:33:07 PM
Ah...okay. But that doesn't answer my question. IG-88B's memory is in the computer banks on Mechis III. He still has the grand design in his files. I'm saying if he was rebuilt, and it continued.

And that's not all droids, Morgan. Mechis III is completely devoted to droid production. And that's all of TGE's Viper probots. Mechis III was commisioned to build them, and no one else was, according to the books. Anyway, it wouldn't constitute all droids. Just a lot of them.

IG-90/IG-72 doesn't matter in this. Only the IG-88 series actually plotted this overthrow of the galaxy. Yes, Fett, you are correct. IG-88A was in control of the DS when it blew and the book doesn't say if he uploaded his files or not. IG-88B was the only confirmed droid to send his files back to Mechis III. He could be rebuilt by the droid workers there, who new about this, and it would continue. Maybe 30 or 40% of the droids in the galaxy would revolt against their masters and maybe some more would join in.

Oy, everyone hates me by now. "Syron and his newfangled ideas. Urgh!" Well, something like that.

IG-90
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:05:39 PM
I don't matter do I? Just a droid, am I?

*Shakes a metal fist*

Yes, well I'm more advanced then any IG-88!

*Attacks Syron with a droid rights campaign*

Just kidding :p

Suppose if one were to find those master plans and rebuild IG-88 then your plan would work nicely. Go for it :)

And yes Arya, I am a Bounty Hunter. The bounty credits are used for further upgrades.

Smeagol the Jedi
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:17:57 PM
* Gronk *

Someone talking about droids? Gronk Droid is here!!

* Gronk *

:: Falls over and knocks someone over ::

Syron Ward
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:21:04 PM
:: Lands a ship on the protesting droids and get promoted to Grand Moff ::

:lol

Thanks, Seth.

ReaperFett
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:24:22 PM
Gronk's a relation of a GONK? :)

Smeagol the Jedi
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:29:54 PM
:: Steps of Fett's foot::

It's GRONK! GRONK!

* Gronk*

:: Falls over and electrocutes Fett::

ReaperFett
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:33:55 PM
Gonk wannabe :)

Smeagol the Jedi
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:42:06 PM
Subborn Biological :p

* Gronk *

ReaperFett
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:49:08 PM
was subborn spelt wrong, or is that a stubborn wannabe? :)

Smeagol the Jedi
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:51:37 PM
I have a wisp silly biological.

* Gronk*

Darth Viscera
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:29:58 AM
TGE's probots were built at Tierfon.

Admiral Lebron
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:47:36 PM
I think he means from the books?

Alpha
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:28:48 PM
That sounds like a kewl RP...

Syron Ward
Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:20:39 PM
Well, yes from the books. Alright, forget the Viper Probot thing if we're going to argue about it all year. Thank you, Alpha.. it would be very kewl indeed. Now this would take place after all this war stuff is over, when the galaxy is resettled. So it'd be the next big thing. I think it'd be pretty cool.

IG-88 G1
Feb 3rd, 2002, 06:49:20 PM
The Galaxy will be mine!