PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is it different this time?

JMK
Jan 31st, 2002, 05:17:43 PM
I'm talking with regards to the spoilers that are out there for AOTC. Either I have more willpower this time around, or the details of the movie are being better guarded than TPM. I remember 3 years ago I already knew almost everything about TPM, now I know relatively little about AOTC. I hope it stays that way.

Any thoughts?

Champion of the Force
Jan 31st, 2002, 05:20:12 PM
Well I've been avoiding anything with the Ep. 2 label on it, so I wouldn't know. I assumed it was just good discipline on my part. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:41:44 PM
Well I wish I had your disiplain. I don't know everything at this point, but I know more than probably either of you, I stumbled on most of it over theforce.net spoiler boards, my fault of course. Still, I haven't read any spoiler stuff for months and there are still a lot of detail of the movie, I'm not sure about yet.

JMK
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:52:28 PM
Let's not talk about what we know ok? :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:00:11 PM
LOL, really though I wish I didn't know what I know I was reading a thread about one of the trailers and that is where I found it, I have been avoiding most spoilers since.

JMK
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:30:23 PM
I feel like it's my duty to know what's going on. All my friends identify Star Wars with me and if they ever want to know anything about Star Wars, they talk to me only. It's that simple. So when they ask me what AOTC is about, and I answer that I don't really know, they accuse me of not being a fan anymore and that the Star Wars "flame" is dying! Boy that gets to me. I can't explain to them that I don't know because I want to be surprised! They don't get it! They act as though I wrote it! UGH!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 1st, 2002, 01:22:24 AM
Well it could be a good thing not to know too much, surprise is always a great thing. Now it doesn't bother me knowing a few things but I try to avoid plot information if I can but I accidently found out two things about the plot, one kind of minor the other major but I am not worried, I knew more before I saw TPM hopefully I can avoid the big spoilers in April when they are every where with the release of the comics and the novelization.

Starquest aka AndyR
Feb 1st, 2002, 10:54:58 AM
I just have bad luck with spoilers... I seem to stumble on them accidently, then cannot draw my eyes away... then, of course, its too late.

Guess I'll have my chance to try to stay spoiler free once more. hehe.

JMK
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:14:58 PM
Hopefully they'll learn more on how to keep stuff a secret. But I doubt it, people are all too willing to spill their guts.

Doc Milo
Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:35:11 PM
JMK, I have the same problem with people asking me what the next Star Wars is going to be about. I pretty much only know what the trailers have in them, and the title. (A little bit more minor stuff, but nothing where I can tell anyone what the movie is about.) Usually, I take the title, and that's what I use to give my answer:

Q: So, What's the next Star Wars movie about.

Me: Uhhh, well, it's about the clones, see, and they, uh, attack.

:)

JMK
Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:08:32 PM
:lol
That's what I'll try next time! Hopefully it'll work! Although I'm sure they'll ask if Jar Jar is in it. I had my brother's friends come here the other day and TELL me that Christopher Walken was in AOTC.

"Now you listen to me you rotten little...."

Those kinds of foolish questions I can answer with 100% confidence!

Jedieb
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:30:10 PM
I was very spoiler free for TPM. Nothing outside of the trailers and I even stayed away from reading character descriptions from the action figures and vehicles. I should be okay this time also. I just wonder about what will be reaveled at SW Celebration 2. I didn't go to the first one so that will be a major difference maker for me. They're bound to have some kind of AOTC surprise and I know I won't be able to stay away from it.

JMK
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:37:28 PM
If I were so lucky as to attend one of those celebrations, I don't think I would be able to resist anything there. I'm going to try and make it a point to get to the last one, should there be one...

JMK
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:43:11 PM
Dammit! Jedieb, you lucky rat! I was just looking at the celebration info at the Official Site and you're gonna get the chance to see Star Wars music conducted live! And it's only like $12!!!! Tell me you're going to take that in? :rollin

Darth23
Feb 6th, 2002, 03:06:22 PM
If your friends aske just tell them to wait for the movie.

I think the final trailer will probably lay out the basic story - overall. As far as I'm concerned, the other trailers have already shown a lot.

JMK
Feb 6th, 2002, 03:54:58 PM
Yeah, I'm expecting more of the same in the next trailer, kinda like the two trailers combined.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 6th, 2002, 04:26:58 PM
Still, the other trailers haven't shown what the story is about only the love story really Mystery showed a little action, but there are some big scenes the Arena scenes (which Samuel Jackson has been bragging about are so cool) we haven't seen anything, then there is the clones we seen one picture of clones, and I am betting the next trailer will detail more of that.

JMK
Feb 6th, 2002, 06:11:39 PM
Well knowing GL, it will be the most exciting and intriguing of the trailers.

Champion of the Force
Feb 6th, 2002, 07:26:03 PM
I just hope GL doesn't go overboard - in hindsight I regrest seeing the TPM full trailer since most of the movie's best scenes were shown off. The teaser trailer was a better one IMHO since it didn't reveal too much. :)

JMK
Feb 6th, 2002, 07:28:29 PM
I loved the 2 trailers for TPM. I don't think I'll ever experience the thrill I had for the teaser trailer for TPM ever again.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 7th, 2002, 05:50:17 AM
TPM trailers WERE rather good and exciting. Dunno about the AOTC ones so far, they dont really thrill me

darth_mcbain
Feb 7th, 2002, 10:26:07 AM
I know what you mean davwj, I had mixed feelings too about the full trailer for Ep. I. On the one hand, I absolutely loved it, it got me really excited for the movie and showed some really neat stuff. On the other hand, it did show a few things that I wish it hadn't, as it would have been great to be surprised at the actual showing.

I'm looking forward to the new AOTC trailer. Even if they show some stuff, I don't think it will ruin anything for me - it will just get me that much more excited for the release (as if the waiting weren't hard enough!!! )