PDA

View Full Version : OT similarties in AOTC

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 31st, 2002, 05:00:01 PM
I found this on another site and I find the two pictures very similarhttp://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/sw/swfan24/anivaderhabit.jpg

I wonder if Lucas did this on purpose.

JMK
Jan 31st, 2002, 05:02:53 PM
Did you steal this from the TF.N thread? :D
They've got a huge one going over there about the visual links between the 2 trilogies. I think Lucas did it on purpose for sure. Especially in regards to that Anakin shot--always someone "looking". Whether it be for himself, or his son, or whatever. For sure it's done on purpose.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:43:44 PM
Yeah how did you guess:D I think Lucas did it on purpose to and I love it, I just like that pose of Anakin with his hands behind his back it resembels that later postion when he is on the bridge of the executor.

JMK
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:55:55 PM
Too bad that thread's been done. I wanted to start one like that about a month ago, but I was too lazy. :\

Now we'd just be a bunch of thread stealing hacks!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:12:14 PM
I guess we will have to wait after the movie when that thread has long been forgotten. I only did that one because I thought it was cool, the others I didn't want to do because some people might consider some of them spoilers.

JMK
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:32:20 PM
Well I also think some of them are not necessary, like the ones with Yoda and the droids in them. DUH! We know that they are in them all! We were kinda hoping to look a little deeper than that, like the Anakin shot.

darth_mcbain
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:34:55 AM
That is so cool!!! I didn't really pick up on that, but Lucas had to have done that purposefully.

JMK
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:18:25 PM
Smart guy, that GL... :)

Doc Milo
Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:22:12 PM
There is one with Anakin in TPM, too. "I'll try spinning, that's a good trick." And then he spins, and we see him spinning in the cockpit -- similar to the shot in ANH when he is shot away from the Death Star in the TIE that's out of control, spinning.......

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:09:18 PM
I have never thought about that but the similarity is there you are right, Good eye Doc.

JMK
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:39:51 PM
Except in one instance he spins out of control and into the droid control ship for the deciding blow in the battle of naboo, and in the other, he spins out of control, away from the death star and loses the battle of Yavin....