PDA

View Full Version : November Rain (Open RP)

Lana Westbrooke
Jan 31st, 2002, 03:24:25 PM
Alone for the first time since she had joined TSE, Lana walked silently across a cracked and dehydrated terrain. The sun shone brightly, beating hard against her darkened cloak. The shadows protected her from such a dispisable element. By the very sight, one can conclude that it hadn't rained in days. Death and decay.... Thus far, it seemed like home.
But she knew otherwise. Silly girl.....
Nonetheless, she trudged on along the never-ending golden desert, her heart set on finding the truth. Today.

When I look into your eyes,
I can see a love restrained....
And darling, when I hold you
Don't you know I feel the same?

Lana had lead a cult of depression since as far back as she could remember. First, with her mother passing on, then her father and grandfather. Her life only got better.... as her significant other then passed too. He promised her he'd stay.... Stay with her forevermore. He lied......

....Cause nothing lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change....
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain...

To this, Lana sneered as she reached her sought out destination. She sat on the edge, her feet dangling lifelessly. It looked like she had reached the end of the world. Her mind reminded her otherwise. Stupid child, so gulible. So naive..... You don't live in a fairytale, so quit dreaming.
Her mind was right.
You're always right, you're always right.....

We've been through this such a long long time
Just trying to kill the pain
But lovers always come and lovers always go
And no one's really sure who's letting go today
Walking away...

If we could take the time
To lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine....
So if you want to love me,
Then darling, don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walking...
In the cold November rain....

It's been so long since Lana actually got the time to think on her own. To cleanse herself, her soul, from the burdens and the grief she kept from the outside world so well.... She didn't understand why it was her that was chosen to carry this guilt.
'Why....?'

Do you need some time...on your own?
Do you need some time...all alone?
Everybody needs some time...
On their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone?

I know it's hard to keep an open heart
When even friends seem out to harm you
But if you could heal a broken heart
Wouldn't time be out to charm you.....?

She was always taken by landscapes, but the mournful scraping lengths the desert bared was something Lana got used to. This was no suprise. Her soul burned with the yearning to figure out the reasons, 'Why?' and she found everything but.... Only the same question arose.

And when your fears subside
And shadows still remain.....
I know that you can love me
When there's no one left to blame
So never mind the darkness,
We still can find a way
Cause nothing lasts forever
Even cold November rain....

Lowering her head in shame, a single, terrified tear slipped from her eye and travelled down her velvety cheek. Lana knew she missed the only family she ever had. Lonliness took her over when they left, and had now crept back into her empty heart.
'Why....?'

Don't ya think that you need somebody
Don't ya think that you need someone
Everybody needs somebody
You're not the only one
You're not the only one....
Don't ya think that you need somebody
Don't ya think that you need someone
Everybody needs somebody
...Everybody needs somebody....

.....She only had herself to blame.....

Han Skywalker
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:43:09 AM
*Han Skywalker a jedi knight paced in his room. He was truly alone after the death of his second wife, and he was somewhat distraught. He felt a tremor in the Force. He grabbed his saber, and slid it on his belt. He left the house he was using for a day or so, and went towards the tremor*

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:29:22 PM
Lana sat on the cliffs edge alone, her sobbing breaking the silence that surrounded her. Though she herself was shrouded in complete darkness, the sun struck her with its beating rays. She was a raven in the feild of gold.
But something wasn't right. Something upset her mind, moreso than the haunting memories of her past that sought to drive her insane. The weird thing was, this wasn't the only time feeling such uncertainty.
Lana turned her head and looked in the opposite direction. This 'something' now brought to her anger. But it appeared she looked on at nothing..... What was it she sensed?

Han Skywalker
Feb 4th, 2002, 09:44:20 PM
*Han followed the tremor, to a bunch of cliffs. From there he looked on, and saw a woman. He could tell that iut was her who was causing these tremors in the force, and he had to know why. He walked up to her.*

"Hello."

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 5th, 2002, 06:15:30 PM
She cautiously just looked on at the man. He was awfully open to ner conversations, she concluded.
Hopping to a stand, Lana stood her ground. Well, at least where she was standing. Her eyes showed no fear, no remorse, but hatred and dispair.
What do you want...
She didn't address the man verbally, but it was shown. In her eyes.

Han Skywalker
Feb 6th, 2002, 09:50:32 PM
*Han could sense in her emotional showing that she was agitated.*

"I'm not here to hurt you. The contrary in fact. I could sense an unusual amount of anger and unhappiness in this area, and as a jedi, i wanted to try to help."

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 7th, 2002, 06:56:43 PM
"You want to help me? What makes you think I even need your help?"

Her eyes softened and her tone stayed firm. The mere mention of Jedi angered her, even morso than the feeling of guilt and dismay that overpowered her. Lana politely awaited his response.

Han Skywalker
Feb 7th, 2002, 10:09:59 PM
" I can see it in your eyes. Much more, i can feel it in your heart. you keep acting like this, and youmay never be the smae sith you once were. On second thought...nah, i have to help you, i don't have a choice." Han grinned.

Garrett Blade
Feb 8th, 2002, 01:30:22 PM
"So then. A warrior from the light wishes to save the tainted soul. How nice!"

Garrett thought to himself as he watched the two in a somewhat anti-social situation. The hatred in her eyes caused a smile to form on Garretts lips. It was perfect. He sniggered as he watched the so-called Jedi explain himself to her obviously uncaring heart. He was like a moonbeam and she was like lightening. He fire, and she frost.

"This could be interesting!"

The scorpion was inches away from the Jedi's foot, with it's tail poised.

OOC: I love that song!

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 8th, 2002, 02:04:33 PM
A hand falls onto Han's shoulder and a rough accentuated voice rasps from behind him,

"Don't you have some drones to preach to, scum."
<p align="center">
http://arrianarezner.clanpages.com/vega/Sig_0.jpg</p>

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 9th, 2002, 10:24:23 AM
Lana's eyes glittered with a new light as she caught sight of Vega. She allowed for a slight smile before looking at Han again.

"I really don't need your help. My alligance is TSE, and nothing else..... But thanks for coming out."

Her eyes drifted to Garrett, her smile now long faded. An angry expression has now taken it's place. Without removing her gaze, she spoke clear and softly to Vega.

"...Can we go elsewhere, Vegs? The Light being emitted here is hurting my eyes....."

Han Skywalker
Feb 10th, 2002, 12:11:19 AM
*Han slumped in defeat. He could not hope to take on three sith at once, even though he stillw anted to help her. It was tiome for him to go.*

" If you'll excuse me gentlemen, I have pressing business to attend to. Another time then?"

*Han walked off into the mist, disappearing*

OOC: There's not much else i could have done and at least i tried, put it this way, at least more people got involved in the RP...lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 11th, 2002, 04:33:46 AM
The Sith sneered a laugh as Han departed - so quick to give up, it would have been an interesting game to play about with him. No matter though, they were bound to find some other form of entertainment on the planet surface.

"Do you have anywhere in mind, Lana?"

Vega rose one hand and gestured it around the fairly open scene. There was not much present, only the usual ruins. Although there was one larger temple-like structure, it remained the only promising destination.

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 11th, 2002, 08:13:21 AM
She simply shook her head and looked around also. The Jedi was gone, thank goodness, and this relieved her a bit. Lana looked up at Vega and smiled.

"I'm not quite sure. Is there any place in particular that you would like to take me?"

She giggled slightly, awaiting his response.

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 11th, 2002, 01:27:51 PM
"How about..."

The urge to make some sort of quip was present, but Vega supressed it. Instead, he grinned, brought one hand behind his back and rose the other into the air with one finger outstretched in the direction of the temple.

"...there? Nice and dark in there, I bet. Looks of shadows to ... lurk in."

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:06:39 PM
"Oooo.... Okay, sounds exciting."

Lana snaked her arm around Vega's waist and flashed him one of her perfect smiled before glancing over to the temple also.

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 12th, 2002, 01:31:42 PM
He began walking with her slowly, keeping his thoughts to himself. Where exactly had that Jedi gone? He would have very much liked to 'play' with him later on - he couldn't have gone far though, of course. The land was open and there were very little places one could hide from the eyes of others. As for the other one who was close, the darksider; well he didn't think he would be bothering them. Unless of course it was one of the dark jedi, then he would no doubt show up within minutes to try and wreak some havoc.

"I'm sure it's quite riveting."

Vega looked down at Lana and mimicked the position she had put herself in, slipping his arm firmly around her body.

"Not that it will matter," he laughed quietly to himself as they walked.

"Tell me... what were you doing out here on the planets surface, Lana... just enjoying the scenery?"

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 12th, 2002, 06:50:49 PM
"That, as well as thinking. Sometimes I have to just get away from everything, you know?"

Lana's eyes looked questionly to Vega.

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:50:27 AM
He didn't return the glance, but instead just nodded.

"Life can be a huge burden sometimes. Thankfully we're here to release some people from it."

Once again, he yawned. He had been up most of the night practicing his feral abilities, and hadn't felt tired at all - until now. He walked on quickly though, chatting idly with Lana as he did so until the two came to the foreboding stairway up to the temple doors.

The building was made from stone, but was fronted by two large black marble pillars. The gold encrusted doors that led inside flung inward on themselves and crunched unnaturally under the pressure of the Force push Vega had sent at them.

"Shall we?"

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:55:46 AM
"We shall."

She smiled, then walked into the temple with Vega.
Lana simply gawked at her surroundings a while before any further action.

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:00:50 AM
The decor was as macabre as could be expected. Though the majority of the inside was crumbled, some things remained intact and lived on with their full glury. Intricately painted vases, sculptures and even paintings were still the same as the day they have been crafted, and gave the room a sense of regal darkness about it. Very in keeping with Vega's personality.

"Nice."

He gave the room another once over then graced it with an approving nod. The light from outside was removed suddenly then as the doors clanged shut. The room was veiled in darkness.

"What the-"

Vega stepped away from Lana a few paces and flicked Hyperion to life in his right hand. The dull crimson glow from the saber was cast across both the Sith's faces, and illuminated the tiny area in which they stood.

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:04:19 AM
Lana's eyes darted around suspusiously, seeing nothing of threat in the room. She stayed behind Vega, keeping her eyes peeled.

"What is it, love...?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:08:15 AM
He glanced backwards through the blackness to where he could sense Lana was stood, and grinned slightly.

"Someone," he whispered, "closed the doors."

He lifted one foot over the other as he stepped forward slowly. There was, of course, no one else present. Or at least that Vega knew of. He had closed the doors, but then Lana didn't need to know that right now.

"Follow me."

He began to walk further away from the entrance towards what he remembered as being an altar.

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:14:22 AM
Looking about once more, very cautiously, Lana ran to catch up with Vega's striding pace. She stayed close behind him and whispered also.

"Do you think it's another demon?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:18:44 AM
Vega made a studious pause in his step and swept the gunsaber from side to side very slowly. He was feigning searching for something through the Force, and sent out small waves of dark energy to do so.

Nothing. Nothing. Huge force signature. Nothing. Nothing.

In the murk, the Sith raised a single eyebrow. Apparently they did have company, either that or Vega was picking up on his and Lana's presences all in one. There was no point in getting concerned about it though, after all Vega was a Sith Lord - he had no doubts in his skills what so ever.

"Ah well ... this seems to be a little more powerful than what we encountered in the cavern. I don't suppose you have a weapon with you?"

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:24:31 AM
"Mhmm."

She unclipped her saber from her belt beneath her shadowing cloak and brought it to life with a single finger gesture. Lana silently continued to scan the area.

"..Something stronger than a demon......"

Her mind filled with thoughts, though none could point a name to a face. She wondered curiously as to what could have accompanied the two in the temple...

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:27:39 AM
Vega shifted his body so that his face could not be seen, and removed a saber hilt from his robes. He tossed it out to his side and held it in midair for a split second before igniting it. He spun to face the levitating saber and grin inside.

"Well well," he spoke to the nothingness holding his saber. It was so dark that Vega and Lana would not have been able to see past a foot away, so the 'figure' holding the saber remained cloaked in the murk.

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:32:30 AM
Lana tried desperately to see what was going on, though she really couldn't. She pulled back her hood using her opposite hand to see if that helped any.

"Who is it? Or what is it? Does it want to fight?"

Even though she didn't ask Vega verbally, she had a feeling she'd find out soon enough. Lana was ready for anything, nonetheless.

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 17th, 2002, 11:55:50 AM
He moved forward and swung his saber at the hovering one, clashing the beams together repeatedly before giving in to himself - dropping Seraphim. As song as the hilt fell it shot into his pocket, leaving Vega standing infront of his 'foe', unarmed.

"..."

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:23:58 PM
Lana blinked and didn't hesitate another moment, taking her stand beside Vega with her saber, posed. Her eyes narrowed as she stared into the darkness. She wasn't sure as to what she was starting at, but was ready, nevertheless.

"Show yourself...."

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:44:43 PM
There was no reply, obviously. Instead the saber struck out forward, the tip hovering before Vega's face. The Sith Lord had to struggle not to grin as he stared into the face of the enemy, silent.

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 21st, 2002, 02:07:17 PM
Lana stared at the opposing saber in confusion. Her eyes strayed a moment to Vega, then back to the light.

"What's going on....?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:07:58 AM
A quick laugh escaped his lips, and he side stepped sharply around the saber blade, snatching the hilt up into his hand. He disengaged the beam and poked the hilt against Lana's shoulder, his face now only illuminated by the glow of the Disciples own saber.

"Had you going there, eh?"

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 01:29:58 PM
"Ah....... Vega!"

Lana giggled in unison of her counterpart, then shook her head.

"Yes, you had me going, I must admit.... Why would you do that? You had me worried sick!"

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 23rd, 2002, 01:43:54 PM
"Liven up things a little! Hope I didn't scare you too much," he laughed.

A big grin covered Vega's face, "Never know when someone will attack!"

He jumped at Lana, startling her a little with a playful pounce.

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:17:29 PM
Again, Lana's chest shook with laughter as she looked to Vega.

"Well you never know, right?"

The light of her saber retracted and she set it on it's rightful place upon her belt. She brushed back her long, dark hair and gave the room a once-over before facing Vega again. Her arms wrapped around his waist as she looked up at him.

"So.... What other mysteries lay deeper within this temple, Mister Van-Derveld?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:01:28 PM
His eyes adjusted once more to the darkness and he began to pick out Lana's features in the shadows. He sighed quietly and rose his gaze to the ceiling, looking about a bit.

"Who knows? I guess there's really only one way to find out, right?"

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:12:43 PM
"Of course. Shall we....?"

Lana smiled and started to walk off slowly into the darkness. She was used to the dark, though this seemed more dense than other types she had encountered, thus the cautiousness of her actions.
She turned around again and peered into the general direction of Vega.

"..C'mon...! Or are we afraid of the dark....?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:18:34 PM
Vega paced slowly after Lana, crossing his arms over his chest as he walked.

"Afraid? Ha!"

He walked quickly past Lana and grabbed one hand as he passed her, tugging her off with him as he swerved down a pitch black corridor to the left.

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:40:37 PM
She grinned, looking around the corridor as they pressed on deeper into the lurking shadows. The chilling feel the cold stone of the walls gave off only comforted her more. She felt very much safe in this temple... Dispite what may be waiting within the wookwork.

"Have you any idea where this hallway leads, Mister Van-Derveld?"

She giggled to her now quizical reporter-type questioning as she followed closely behind him.

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:12:33 PM
"Absolutely no idea what so ever!"

The two almost crashed into a wall in the murk but quickly swerved to the side. The corridors were slowly becoming thinner, and littered with more and more debri along the floor.

Lana Westbrooke
Feb 27th, 2002, 09:13:20 AM
"But.... What if we get lost? And we don't find our way back out?"

Luckily Lana was so small that crashing into walls wasn't of the essence. She smiled as the walls slowly closed in on the two, and she wondered where Vega would lead her.