PDA

View Full Version : EP 2 script reviewed

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 31st, 2002, 01:49:58 AM
I found this on IMDB, it contains really no spoilers but the if you go to the site that the report is talking about you will probably know the whole story

A reviewer on the Dark Horizons website is claiming to have seen the script of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and has posted a glowing review that several film writers say looks legitimate, including "spoiler" information about the content. In the review
http://www.darkhorizons.com/reviews/t020128a.htm critic "Ali" remarks that the story "delivers all the things that Lucas promised to do with The Phantom Menace but failed." He says that the most controversial character of the first episode, the computer-animated Jar Jar Binks, has been diminished (but is "not a thing of the past") and that the pacing has been accelerated. "The difference between the second prequel and its lackluster predecessor is the return to a sense of adventure," Ali writes, concluding: "It was an immensely enjoyable read

Now even though I liked TPM, this report makes me even more pumped to see the film.

Hart
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:15:25 PM
Well, I know that I'll love EpII because I don't think I have any unrealistic expectations for this one.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:07:40 PM
Just wondering did anybody fall to temptation and read this thing? I glanced at the first pargraph and quickly shut it off, I almost sucumbed to the temptation.

JMK
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:28:40 PM
I managed to stay away from all that. And I'm glad. However, I did read the descriptions on the back of some figures. I didn't ruin that much, but got some confirmation on some stuff that I didn't necessarily want to know for certain. :\ Damn my feeble will power.

ReaperFett
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:52:54 PM
He seems to forget that a sense of adventure in the first 1/3 of a story would make it a poor story :)

BUFFJEDI
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:05:55 PM
I cant get to the freaking thing:mad Or I would succumb to the darkside:)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:59:26 PM
I fixed it I had accidently put a comma in it, but I warn you not to read too far you may not want to learn every thing yet. I just read the first paragraphy to see what his opinion was of the script but i didn't want to learn the whole plot yet.

darth_mcbain
Feb 4th, 2002, 10:15:20 AM
I'm not even gonna bother --- its enough for me to know that opinion was good for the Ep. II script - I don't want to know every detail.

JMK
Feb 4th, 2002, 07:37:24 PM
Likewise, the word of mouth is good, that's good enough for me. I'm avoiding things like that like the plague for the next few months.

BUFFJEDI
Feb 4th, 2002, 09:56:54 PM
Well,If what he points to are true.Its right on target to the script of AOTC that I have read I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!! Awesome just plain awesome.He also made the point I have said before,(not in these words though) Fans will say this is the film TPM should have been.Although ,I love TPM with a passion.

JMK
Feb 4th, 2002, 10:46:40 PM
I guess we'll all get to see for ourselves in 100 days! I don't like the idea that AOTC is the movie TPM should have been. TPM is the way it had to be, and AOTC is the way it has to be. Of course there is room for improvement and changes within those parameters, but to say that AOTC is what TPM should have been is wrong. We're dealing with characters at different stages of their lives than in TPM and the tone was and is being appropriately set in each movie.

BUFFJEDI
Feb 5th, 2002, 07:09:18 PM
your a 100% right, But unfortunately people do not see what TPM was building up to.They talked about the lack of Charactered developments, but what they don't realize is that's what TPM was.IMO, TPM was all it should have been.I'm sure AOTC will be all it should be and so on for 3.Paitence is the key for all 3.

JMK
Feb 6th, 2002, 08:48:12 AM
There was alot to set up in TPM, and alot may or may not have suffered. I think it should be left at that, and focus shifted to AOTC.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 7th, 2002, 05:54:21 AM
Look,

Who cares how good or how bad the script is. A good script could still mean a crap movie, while a bad script could turn out into brilliance.

And if Harrison Ford is right, his thoughts on the ANH script wasn't very good and look how that turned out.

JMK
Feb 7th, 2002, 12:43:22 PM
True, you need a good director regardless of what the script is like. I think some people believe that GL isn't an actors' director and needs a good script in order to make a good movie. Then again, you always have Harrison Ford's take on ANH...

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 7th, 2002, 10:31:07 PM
Sometimes, it's possible movies are good even despite bad scripts and ****ty direction / acting. It's possible that something being good in a movie highlights too much what is crap. Action / comedy are movies I think can be like that - awful acting, abysmal script, shoody directing - yet are great.

Like a lot of Jackie Chan movies actually. Chan cant act for ****. The scripts are woeful. Direction can be bad. Yet, Something like Drunken Master 2 is a classic. It's the comedy and fighting ability that make these things watchable. For a comparison, watch a moive of his called Gorgeous - actually DONT. He tried to act and do something serious. It SUCKS