PDA

View Full Version : Attn: TGE

Pierce Tondry
Jan 31st, 2002, 12:58:44 AM
I believe the current ruleset calls for planetary takeover threads to be no less than thirty posts in order to be fully legitimate. Unless you had something else in mind with your current "Imperial Ascension" storyarc than actual planetary takeover, you need to either extend your threads or abandon them. If, by some odd chance, you DID have something else than actual planetary takeover in mind, you need to make sure that the Moderators and such have an explanation that we can use to reassure the general public.

As always, any explanations, discussions, or gratuitous flaming about my mother is encouraged to be done through the use of PMs with myself and the staff. :) (Preferably the Fleet Mods so the Admins and General Mods don't get bogged down with this kind of thing.)

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Jan 31st, 2002, 10:17:49 AM
Viscera has told us many times that the Planetary Takeover threads require 30 posts, so we are well aware thank you.

If you are referring to Telan Desaria's takeover, that has been negated and started over. If you're referring to some other Imperial Ascension thread, please be more specific.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 31st, 2002, 03:11:21 PM
Only meant as a friendly reminder, thanks. :)

One of these may be the one that was scrapped and started over, if so please correct me.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11676
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11658
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11657
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11768
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11659

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Jan 31st, 2002, 04:09:54 PM
I apologize if I sounded rude in my first post.

Only the first link has been scrapped I believe. As pointed out by Sanis, a planetary takeover requires 30 posts. Telan was unaware of this, thus he was forced to scrap that thread. As stated by Diktat Viscera:

TGE is nullifying this thread beyond the basic IC claim to annex Garqi through military conquest. It will be started over, and done correctly.

Telan, stratcomm please.

He started a new one for Bespin, and now he is aware of the rule, as is everyone else.

The other four thread links that you provided are still being roleplayed out.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 31st, 2002, 04:16:22 PM
Thanks. :)

Should I perhaps close the nullified thread?

Aurelias Kazaar
Jan 31st, 2002, 04:20:19 PM
Hey, thanks for the reminder guys. You try 17 hours and two radio shows. And plenty of threads...Gah!

*Runs around as his head explodes. lol

Thanks again for the reminder. I'll try and post in that Dubrillion thread tonight.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 31st, 2002, 04:25:19 PM
You could always use vbPad to keep track of threads for you...found here:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/member2.php?s=&action=notepad

Paste in the URLs and you have a quick reference. :)

Or you could subscribe to the threads and have them all listed on the first page of your control panel.

Darth Viscera
Jan 31st, 2002, 06:58:45 PM
I've been trying to type up a reply to this question, but swforums.net still won't let me. This is about as succinct as I can get without losing my post.

Nupraptor
Jan 31st, 2002, 09:19:54 PM
If it won't load for you... how are you posting at all? I'm failing to see how the length of time it takes you to write a post affects whether or not the page loads. :huh

Darth Viscera
Jan 31st, 2002, 10:20:17 PM
I honestly have no idea. My ISP auto-detects the importance of my post, and if it is important, I get a DNS error. If it's small and unimportant, nothing.

Nupraptor
Jan 31st, 2002, 10:27:18 PM
Write out the posts in notepad, then open the browser, quickly paste the post there and hit submit. :)

Darth Viscera
Jan 31st, 2002, 11:36:13 PM
check. check. check. check. check. check.

Pasted from Notepad

Darth Viscera
Jan 31st, 2002, 11:37:21 PM
time limit then?

Darth Viscera
Feb 1st, 2002, 12:31:08 AM
Wow, still unable to post legit replies. This is seriously f**king tedious :)

No, it's not a time limit. It seems to be more of a word limit.

imported_Firebird1
Feb 1st, 2002, 01:15:03 AM
Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Chec k*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check* Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Check*Ch eck*Check*Check*Check*

Well it seems that 2322 characters will work for me. Vic I suggest you run Scandisk, Virus Scan, and defrag your hard drive. Also if you are running any IM software you might want to shut it down.