PDA

View Full Version : Ship question

Tharin Kray
Jan 26th, 2002, 01:10:17 PM
What are the rules on stealing ships? Also, what are the rules on having small ships like Skiprays and shuttles for personal use i.e RP use, not for takeover of planets?

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Jan 26th, 2002, 01:52:30 PM
Nobody blinks if you have your own personal ship. Most people have them (yachts, freighters, starfighters, shuttles). A skipray or equivalent would be no problem.

As for stealing ships ... if you're going to steal from a PC, work it out with them before you show up and say you are stealing their ship. If your character is a ship thief, as long as you RP out the theft, I'd probably be good with it. It's not like you're jacking capital ships for a fleet.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 26th, 2002, 01:56:00 PM
Permission from fellow players is a rule that applies to many situations. Thanks Garm. :)

Tharin Kray
Jan 26th, 2002, 03:38:16 PM
Why can't I jack a capital ship?

Varlon Konrad
Jan 26th, 2002, 04:30:59 PM
The fact you'd need a crew to man it.

Tharin Kray
Jan 26th, 2002, 04:36:22 PM
Not if I just wanted to sell it.

ReaperFett
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:34:59 PM
how would you get it to the seller?

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:47:45 PM
Well there was a ship thief who specialized in capital ships in the books. Bear in mind that he led a gang ... you still need a crew, even if just a skeleton, to even fly a ship that big from point A to point B.

But still ... if you have aspirations of stealing fleet ships, that is a whole different ballgame on these boards. You really have to get the same persmission from the group fleet leaders to pull that off. And I have to be honest, you probably won't get too many to go along with it. Fleets are ... a touchy subject.

I would stick to "fictional" ships like some corporation's freighters or stuff like that.

Tharin Kray
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:04:25 PM
Understood.