PDA

View Full Version : Making of Ep. II - Part IX

darth_mcbain
Jan 25th, 2002, 10:53:56 AM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/video/making/making9.html

In case you missed the blurb on Entertainment Tonight yesterday, this pretty much is the same as what they showed then... Two points I found interesting - first Boba Fett was shown whipping around a lightsaber . I don't know whether or not this is part of the movie, he may have just been playing around on set. Second - they acknowledged the Holiday Special... I thought that was kind of the taboo thing that they didn't want to ever talk about or acknowledge that it existed... :)

Starquest aka AndyR
Jan 25th, 2002, 01:38:26 PM
Saw it at sw.com and loved it. tf.n has alot of SS's up for those who cannot DL it.

Getting really excited now.... :crack

And I doubt that is in the movie with boba fett swinging.

Hart
Jan 25th, 2002, 10:50:10 PM
I can't seem to read the hidden spoiler part of your post :( Am I the only one?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 25th, 2002, 11:17:04 PM
I think its just the kid having fun, I can't see Boba using one, since he is more of the guns type of person.

Jedieb
Jan 25th, 2002, 11:55:18 PM
I saw it earlier tonight, I LOVED IT!!!! The more I see of AOTC, the more I think we're getting a darker, more action oriented movie. This is really what I've been looking forward to. :crack

darth_mcbain
Feb 27th, 2002, 10:43:58 AM
If you haven't seen it - there is a really good video segment on the official site dealing with Jedi lightsaber fighting styles. Among other things we get to see a little more of the Jango - Obi-Wan fight and a few scenes of Mace Windu George Lucas also gives some insight into the colors of sabers

darth_mcbain
Apr 5th, 2002, 09:41:25 AM
Making Ep. II part 11 is up on the official site... A nice surprise, to me at least - I thought once we saw the final trailer that we wouldn't be seeing any more of these making-of videos... This one deals with Padme and her wardrobe - actually a really good segment IMHO. And we see that it was none other than the flannelled one himself who designed the hot outfit (you know the one I mean) for Padme... Hey George, get your mind out of the gutter... :D

sirdizzy
Apr 5th, 2002, 09:55:53 AM
i still wanna see the holiday special a comic shop in vegas had it bootleg for $25

Starquest aka AndyR
Apr 5th, 2002, 10:53:32 AM
go get it off of Kazaa
They have the full holiday special, and sometimes you can find just the cartoon with Boba fett in it.

JMK
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:01:31 AM
Sirdizzy, do yourself a favor and NEVER see that. It leaves emotional scars that not even time can mend. Seriously, its not even worth seeing. You won't be glad you saw it, trust me.

sirdizzy
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:30:33 AM
curiosity killed the cat

BUFFJEDI
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:10:09 PM
DiZZY,It's really not that bad , I think every fan of SW should own a copy of it. Besides BEA ARTHUR is in it What more do you need?!! :love

darth_mcbain
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:17:27 PM
I must second the motion - don't ever see it Diz... I felt the same way as you last year... I'm thinking "How bad can it be? Its worth at least one viewing..." Then I downloaded it off the net and tried watching it. It was terrible. It IS terrible. It will forever be terrible.

The only parts I somewhat enjoyed were the opening for its super-cheesiness, and the Boba Fett cartoon. But the rest is actually painful to watch. Sorry Buff (oops Ravishing), even Bea didn't save this one for me...

I actually still have it on my PC, if you can't find it I might be able to get it to you somehow (although I have email attachment limitations). Do as you will, but I'd stay away from that one...

sirdizzy
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:15:22 PM
please yea can ya find someway to send it to me

i looked on morpheus no luck

my ccnet email has a limitation of 10mbs i checked my regular email its a 2mb limitation

darth_mcbain
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:30:22 PM
I won't be able to send it out due to limitations on my side... I might be able to stream it to you over AOL Instant Messenger though... My handle is darthmcbain - I'll look for you and if we hook up I'll try to send it to you...

But don't say I didn't try to warn you...