PDA

View Full Version : AOTC full trailer in March?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:59:28 PM
This is from the force.net

Thought I'd let you know that I heard from the head of foreign distribution at Fox that the full trailer for AOTC will be attached to "Ice Age."
This makes sense because it is released March 15 (and we know the next trailer arrives in March) and is a 20th Century Fox film. It would likely have the trailer with it. But what other films come out in March that could have it?

We Were Soldiers (Paramount) - March 1st
The Time Machine (Dreamworks) - March 8th
Clockstoppers (Paramount) - March 15th
Resident Evil (Sony) - March 15th
E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial 20th Anniversary Edition (Universal) - March 22nd
Blade 2 (New Line) - March 29th

Now if it is attached to Ice Age would you go see it just to see the trailer? Ice Age doesn't look like a bad movie some of the previews look funny, I hope its attached to the Time Machine because that would be great for me. ET is a possibility because of the Spielberg connection though.

Also they have a report on the video and the world premier

A source checked in with some new information on Episode II.

The video release for Episode II is tentatively set for October 2002. Does this include the DVD? We don't know for sure, but we assume so.
In March, the new trailer will appear along with the movie posters and other promotions. (Which movie will the trailer be attached to?)

In April the TV promotions will begin along with outdoor and print advertisements.

The premiere of Attack of the Clones appears to be April 16th, 2002. This is a full month before the film's release.

I would be surprised if the video would come out that early. Also if they have the world premier a month before the movie the whole plot would be all over the internet and so would the reviews, I question if those two facts are true.

JMK
Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:43:18 PM
Who cares what movie it's attached to, let's just hope it comes out!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:47:13 PM
I am guessing you moved it Jedieb? Its no big deal I forgot where I was posting when I read it off theforce.net, and when I realized it I decided to leave it where it was for now. I am surprised that nobody is discussing this isssue? I figured people would be concerned that it might be previewed a month before. I am not sure if its true or anything. The March trailer stuff seems true as it makes since that they would put it on a Fox film (Ice Age), but it still could appear on another film too.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:50:34 PM
I'm sure will come out probably in March, we have not had a full trailer yet telling the plot so that is most likely next.

Champion of the Force
Jan 23rd, 2002, 11:09:18 PM
I am guessing you moved it Jedieb?
It was me actually :). Though it could have probably stayed put considering the topic did involve what film(s) it may be attached to etc.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 23rd, 2002, 11:13:30 PM
Oh no big deal, I just notice Jedieb on here at the time it was moved, it doesn't matter either way really but I Films is probably the best place for it since it mainly deals with AOTC.

darth_mcbain
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:50:51 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
The premiere of Attack of the Clones appears to be April 16th, 2002. This is a full month before the film's release.

I hope that isn't true. Not only will the entire plot be all over the Internet, but bootleg copies will be flying around as well. If either of those happen it will just hurt the movie's performance.

Jedieb
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:52:17 AM
I wouldn't mind if it premiered with Ice Age. The trailer that I saw for IA looked great. I'd take my son to see it in a heartbeat.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:12:23 PM
Ice Age does look funny so I might be willing to go see it to see the trailer. As far as the movie premiering in April, it doesn't make any sense. The Toys come out a week later April 20 something and the novelization and soundtract comes out the 30th, now I think it might premier that same week that would make sense but April 16 is way too early, unless Cannes starts early this year. When does Cannes begin does anybody know?

darth_mcbain
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:20:03 PM
When they say "premiere" what do they mean? I assume that is a limited viewing for VIPs - not released to the public??? Even so, I hope that it is not that far in advance - if it is too far in advance - somebody will leak spoiler material and it will just hurt the movie. Plus it just pisses me off that I have to wait for May 16, but some VIPs get to see it early. (For instance, do any of you remember when Ep. I came out - there was an early screening and among other people - Hanson was there... You're telling me that they get to see it before we do?!?!?!? :huh )

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:29:45 PM
I believe the premier is for two reasons: to promote the film and to give critics the oppurtunity to see it to write their reviews. It varies who the VIPS are, it is usually celebrities and of course critics. I know Harrison Ford went to see the TPM permier, I remember reading he sat next to Ahmen Best (better known as Jar Jar) I remember reading him brag about it.

Champion of the Force
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:07:21 PM
After what happened with TPM, I wonder if GL would ever allow critics an early viewing.

(for those who don't remember, GL allowed some certain critics an early viewing of TPM so long as they didn't release their reviews until TPM was officially released. They broke their promise).

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:15:09 PM
I remember Fox was really peeved about it, Lucas never said anything he left it to the studio to complain. I don't know what they will do to stop it from happening this time, especially if they have to go to cannes like they did last time.

Jedieb
Jan 26th, 2002, 04:36:47 PM
Because of the simulataneous release dates, AOTC does need to be finished a bit quicker than TPM. So that April premiere may right on target. They need a month to get the movie dubbed in all those different languages. Some of the voice actors who worked on TPM will be returning, but they still a lot of new actors for new parts. I can't believe some people may see the movie a full month before the rest of us. :x