PDA

View Full Version : I've seen it all

Taylor Millard
Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:22:47 PM
I went to a family reunion over the weekend (it was great thank you).

So I'm returning to Dallas, TX from the reunion and I see something that almost makes me drive off the road.

In TX, there's a college called 'Texas A&M University'. It's a well known school, and a pretty good one too. The students are known for their loyalty (I had a friend who went there. Whenever he went off campus he had the A&M Fight Song stuck in his head).

But their loyalty is astounding, you see bumper stickers with the words, "My Father went to A&M. My mother. Son. Daughter. Aunt. Uncle. Neice. Nephew. Cousin. Dog. Cat. Goldfish...etc etc."

But I saw this one sticker, which drove me nuts.

On the back of a Ford F150 were the words

"I wish, I went to TX A&M"

That's it. The school's name is being changed. It's not the University of Texas A&M. It's the CULT of Texas A&M.

Figures when you get too close to Waco...;)

But I have officially seen it all. :rolleyes

Admiral Lebron
Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:06:49 PM
Yeah... I learned not insult A&M fans along time ago. I didn't know it was by Waco though. But that whole affair was messed up from the start anyways.

TSO Naval Officer
Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:24:23 PM
The Cult of A&M is nothing compared to the Church of Bryant.

Andraq Novkar
Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:52:16 PM
I live not that far from Dallas (2 hrs) and they are truly devoted fans.

Psychotic....yes.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:59:11 PM
<-- wonders who would win.. University of Maryland's Terps or Texas's A&M's cultists..

Morgan Evanar
Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:54:52 PM
I suspect the Texans. They are likely to be far better armed.

Taylor Millard
Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:16:26 PM
In a football game (all due respect to the college I tend to root for more than normal) I'd go for the Terps.

In a spirit competition. The Aggies hands down. They are one spirited group. I've got friends who are Aggies. Trust me on that one.

TSO Naval Officer
Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:55:43 PM
I think the Terps cashed in a century of good luck on this one year. Its one of those "WTF, you should never ever ever be that good" years for them.

Darth Viscera
Jan 24th, 2002, 12:42:45 PM
I'll take that as a compliment, Morgan :D

Gorgja the Hutt
Jan 24th, 2002, 03:28:25 PM
Originally posted by TSO Naval Officer
I think the Terps cashed in a century of good luck on this one year. Its one of those "WTF, you should never ever ever be that good" years for them.

While that's true, A&M tends to choke in the 'big game'. While they won this year, they've been massacred by ND twice and Washington State atleast once. Gimme Terps 24-14