PDA

View Full Version : FETT REVIEWS- Black Hawk Down

ReaperFett
Jan 22nd, 2002, 10:49:38 PM
Follow the yellow brink link, follow the yellow brick link... (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11820)

CMJ
Jan 22nd, 2002, 11:00:26 PM
I really liked it too...I'm sure everyone remembers how glowing my 1st review was.

ReaperFett
Jan 23rd, 2002, 01:26:09 PM
I REALLY hope they make another Batman, and cast Eric Bana in it. Not for acting reasons, I just want to be the first to do a thread called 'Bana bana bana bana bana bana bana bana BATMAN!' :)

CMJ
Apr 9th, 2002, 08:43:02 PM
There's a theatre just up the road from me that is showing "Oscar winners" in a double feature(two for one..c'mon, I can't turn it down). So, I went and took in both "Shrek" and "Black Hawk Down" again.

Man, BHD was even better than I remember it being...and I remembered being really impressed. The film's 2 awards(for editing and sound) were RICHLY deserved.

My top 5 films of last year are seperated by a razor thin margin...and I'd prolly rearrange them if I re-did the list...but suffice it to say BHD was without a doubt one of the best films of 2001. The fact that "Memento" and "A.I." didn't get nominate for Picture I can understand...on was a little seen film, and the other one ploarized audiences.

BHD on the other hand is the kind of film the Academy usually appreciates, so it still perplexes me it didn't end up on the final ballot(I think it prolly ended up in 6th place). Though I must say, it had obvious support as evidenced by it's 2 victories on Oscar night.

JMK
Apr 10th, 2002, 04:56:03 PM
I still feel like a idiot for not having seen it yet.

CMJ
Apr 10th, 2002, 06:12:58 PM
Don't feel like an idiot. There is no possible way to see every film you need/want to. Even with all the films I've seen it amazes me how many I HAVEN'T seen. Even when Jonathan gets done with his project there will be alot of great stuff he hasn't seen. It's the nature of the beast JMK, don't worry about it. ;)

JMK
Apr 10th, 2002, 08:42:44 PM
But it was the only movie that I actually WANTED to see! I ended seeing alot of movies that I didn't really want to see that badly. Oh well, I guess I can wait for the DVD.

CMJ
Apr 10th, 2002, 09:11:30 PM
Hopefully it'll be a good one. :) I know it's a must have for me.