PDA

View Full Version : Intersections

Loki Kale
Jan 22nd, 2002, 02:35:43 PM
On the plane where spirits and living creatures intersect, it is a world of wonder. For those who are the intersection, there is so much to find, where to the rest it must seem like utter confusion. The living shudder in fear, for this place seems like chaos, and their minds are ravaged, and they tear their hair, howling. It is too much for the simple construct of their minds to handle. And for the spirits, they are too far beyond it. This place, to the formless ones, seems so insignificant. It is something they cannot touch. They stand off to the side, absorbed in the matters of the spirits, welcoming those that enter their world. They calm the minds of the living visitors, and open their eyes.

And then those ones stay. When their eyes are opened, the spirit's magic stay's with them, combining with their own spirit. They are the Spirit people. Their children were born into the spirit magic.

But they did not belong in either world.

One Child of the Spirits pondered much upon this. This was Loki Kale. The intersection...Why does this place exist? Such questions she knew she could not answer, but there was a certain satisfaction in every possible answer found day after day. The elders had closely watched her, year after year. She learned much and knew much. Too much it seemed. Too much, in the elder's eyes. They banished her. Loki was left to find her own way. It was her fault this had happened. Her kind did not want of her. All her fault...

NO! It was never her fault. It was their jealousy, their fear of her knowledge and power of mind. They feared Loki, thinking she would take their ages of carefully crafted order, for herself. She knew she was not so selfish. And yet the elders also denied her intelligence, saying she would never be called anything more than a Child of the Spirits.

Her insistence of the similarities between the Force and Spirit Magic was the final straw. Her people on there high horse, denied the very thought of this "force". The spirit magic is the only true power. Then it was said that all her illogic had upset the balance. That it tormented them. They threw her out and slamming the door, locked it.

I suppose that is the consequence of making friends with the wielders of the Force. I never should have...

Loki raised a hand over her mouth

What am I saying?!? Those jedi brought me so much happiness. I learned to use my power in their way. That it was in fact, the Force. It saved me from needless waste of that power, under the strict ways of my people. There is a few things that i have been told are probably of my own composition. Like the ability to disappear, and reappear. But when I disappear from the material world, I end up here. And from here, I go there. Oh, I do not wish so much to be here. I wish to be with the Jedi. Those who truly are friends...

Loki with a tear coming down her face, vanished. She knew what she was doing now...