PDA

View Full Version : Research and Development Questions

Sumor Rayial
Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:39:32 AM
Currently the Conclave can not build due to us not having captured a planet as of yet.

However my question is can we R&D still. I know building of prototypes would be out of the question until we get material, but the theory and planning could be done on the ships still.

So main question is, if we can't do the base time, can we split it up. ie. have the theory and specs worked up in half the time and then the prototype built in the other half when we take a planet and set up the facilities.

While I'm at it, a couple other questions.

1) Is there a set R&D time for ground vehicles and fighters? They are smaller so I don't see how they can still take the 40 days that Cap ships take.

2) Is there a build per day limit on Construction yards yet and if so what is it?

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:10:57 AM
Sounds good to me.

as for your other ideas

1. Nothing set for ground equipment, but fighters still fall into length-time production rules.

2. 250 meters a day, per shipyard, the same as its been.

Sumor Rayial
Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:01:52 PM
Just have a couple questions cause I'm somewhat unsure in reading your response.

but fighters still fall into length-time production rules

I understand that they are still subject to the 250m/day rule to build, but I was asking about R&D. It does not make sense to me that a fighter which would be at the most 20m (and that's a damned big fighter) would take the 40 days to R&D that say a 500m Capital ship would take. To me it would take about half the time.

What I was going to use depending on the answer was 20 days for fighters and basic ground vehicles, and 30 days for very new and somewhat more complicated fighters and more advanced ground vehicles.

250 meters a day, per shipyard, the same as its been

I was asking about Construction Yards, not shipyards. Unless it is the same? (I don't remember anything ever coming out of the discussions about Con yards)

Seyxer Kose
Jan 22nd, 2002, 01:25:05 PM
My bad on the R&D. I believe that the new rules were going to address that. But seeing as we're still on the old ruleset, its still a flat research time of 40 days.

And construction yards follow the same build-length as any other production I believe.

Darth Viscera
Jan 22nd, 2002, 01:59:12 PM
And construction yards follow the same build-length as any other production I believe.

Actually, that is an error. The exact specs and build capacity of Construction Yards have yet to be finalized for this RPing community. The only rule set down so far for Conyards is that you use common sense.

The rule of thumb that TGE goes by is to set aside one planet as a massive construction planet, and the more planets you have to ship it required resources, the greater its build capacity.

Sumor Rayial
Jan 22nd, 2002, 02:17:02 PM
Bah, well that's not really the answer I wanted. But hey we can't always get what we want right.