PDA

View Full Version : New Hacks!

TheHolo.Net
Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:10:49 AM
I installed three new hacks today.

The first is located in a couple of places:

You will find on the main page in the Private message section, there is now a display that lets you know how full your PM folders are in percentage. The same display can also be found in your private messages area.

The second is another private message feature that will convert any or all of your private messages into a text file that you can easily view and save. Within your private message folders select a message with the checkmark on the left, then at the bottom click the “Download” button.

And the third is a new link in the “Who’s Online” (Currently Online) section on the main page:

“Active users today” Which leads to a list of users that have visited today. Invisible users cannot be seen in the list, but all users who have not selected to be invisible will be there and if you move your mouse over their name a message will come up telling you what time they last visited. That page can also be found here:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/onlinetoday.php?s=

Hope everyone likes the new additions. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 23rd, 2002, 02:27:16 AM
I have added one more hack tonight. I installed a hack that will allow you to insert additional information into the “Last edited by:” area of a post when editing, a reason. It will not display unless you edit five minutes or greater after your original post time, because you have that long to edit your post before it will insert the “Last edited by:” line into it. If the box is left blank in the edit screen, the “Why:’ part will not be added.

The new hack added a field into everyone’s “Edit post” screen. That field is “Reason for Edit:” and it will insert a “Why:” line with the text you placed in the field to the right of the “Reason for edit:” area, next to the aforementioned by line.

After a couple of minutes pass I will edit this post and show you what I mean.

I added this so that people who wish to explain why they edited a post can do so, and have it be a little less obtrusive than the usual:

EDIT: Reason…..

…which a lot of people, including myself currently do. It will also allow moderators and Admins to edit posts for OOC content or inflammatory content or whatnot and add a reason to the “Last edited by:” line instead of in the body of the post.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 23rd, 2002, 02:50:05 AM
Those are really helpful hacks! (okay, I was trying to think of what to say, and all I am coming up with are cheesy remarks. Mneh!) :mischief

I especially like the "edit comment" hack...that way when I am supressed by the admins, I'll know why! :uhoh *eyes Davey and Mr. Dot Net* :p

Testing -Fett

Master Yoghurt
Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:04:15 AM
Some great hacks. Well done!

TheHolo.Net
Jan 23rd, 2002, 01:53:30 PM
She got suppressed and not even by whom she thought it would be. :p

Thanks LD & Yog. :)

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:19:41 PM
*sharpens her nails on Fett's clothes...but suddenly clutches at her throat as her air supply is cut off*

Taylor Millard
Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:30:42 PM
Those work for me. Gonna have to use that Edit for a particular reason.

Thanks SWFans.

ReaperFett
Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:44:51 PM
yeah, means you dont have to go and write why you did it, which looks uglier

Strider
Jan 24th, 2002, 12:48:33 AM
LOL

Great the Mods are power tripping!

:crack :crack

Darth Vader
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:01:00 AM
Perhaps you think you are being treated unfairly, Strider?

DarthHERA
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:24:36 AM
oh I love new tricks :)

Strider
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:27:04 AM
Sure I'm being treated fairly.....

Well no matter, you can edit me in here, but if you try and edit me out there you'll be sorry...

And remember kiddies, it's not who has the power, but who uses it...

DarthHERA
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:35:37 AM
*Thinks Strider missed "Vaders" post completely* :p

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:40:05 AM
Help! Help! I'm being oppressed! Can't you see how he's oppressing me! Help! [/montypython]

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:54:47 AM
Interesting hacks

Strider
Jan 24th, 2002, 02:15:06 AM
Now I wouldn't say that.... :evil

This is a Star Wars board after all, and besides whats a little fun got to do with it...

TheHolo.Net
Jan 29th, 2002, 03:06:20 PM
Added another new hack, which I am still working one small bug out of.

A “Quick Reply Box” in the thread display itself. URLs will be automatically made into links and smilies that you know the codes of automatically converted, but signatures will not be automatically included. Just thought it would be a nice redundant way to save a click when you only need to make a quick reply to something. :)

DarthHERA
Jan 29th, 2002, 03:08:35 PM
Im playing QuickDrawsMcGraw again this morning, I just used the quick reply form almost similtaneously with this SWFans post. I like!

TheHolo.Net
Jan 29th, 2002, 03:29:07 PM
Once I get it to not display the Quick Reply Form in closed threads it will be perfect. :)

Gav Mortis
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:20:23 PM
:eek How do you guys do it!? Slow down! I can't keep up! :)

Estelle Russard
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:49:48 PM
only thing is, cant "preview" your reply with this. But I guess if just for short little posts it is very handy. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:51:07 PM
Someone has already requested the developer add preview, so I'll add it here if he does. :)

Estelle Russard
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:52:47 PM
Well, shoot Sherrif. Is there anything you cant do??:p

Champion of the Force
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:53:30 PM
Types Quick Reply. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:55:11 PM
I'll probably stick the spellcheck thing in it too when I add preview. :p

Ash Longbaugh
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:07:41 PM
Can I just ask what the point is though? You want all the features, you press the reply button :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:09:22 PM
Good point, probably be best to keep it slim and trim.

Champion of the Force
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:11:03 PM
Ash makes a good point. If we add all the features to the Quick Reply, then what's the point of the old reply screen? :)

Darth Turbogeek
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:50:43 PM
:: Has a quickie::

Nathan West
Jan 29th, 2002, 07:57:04 PM
cause you gotta scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. =p

Nupraptor
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:19:11 PM
I like the convenience of the quick reply, I just don't like the placement. Trying to think of a way to streamline it a little more.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 30th, 2002, 04:27:13 PM
The Quick Reply Form no longer appears in closed topics, bug squashed. :)

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Feb 1st, 2002, 04:53:42 AM
*hands him a can of Raid* Next tjime just get those nasty bugs wjith [i]thjis.[i]