PDA

View Full Version : Randd:

Miryan no Trunks
Jan 20th, 2002, 03:18:24 AM
Randd, Verse, sorry I didn't IM you about this, but you're not on, and realistically, I think I can defend myself in the situation a lot better in a post, than whilst trying to have conversation as well. I'm not trying to be arguementive about this, I know I went overboard with the attacks on Randd and I'm sorry, but the way I saw it, the bulk and everything of the character would have likely killed mine in one hit, and when you had him basically defeat MnT in a single turn, with no struggle, defense, or retaliation against you (espcially with such a slow character) it seemed I had not much choice otherwise than to use the SJ aspects that I usually keep out of the SW RP.

And now, my case:

(Sorry, I wrote all this earlier when I first read the post (you still weren't on) so there's a lot more anger in it than I would normally like)

OOC: Realistly, you may be fast, but Randd's hands are big enough to cover you from both sides. Realistly, even is a Sayin body is stronger than a humans, you would not be able to move right now. Two tons of wieght droping from three stories could crush almost anything flatter than a pancake. I will agree, MnT is much, much faster than Randd. Randd will never be that fast, but just one hit from the size of his body could do ALOT more damage than you are letting it due. With that said I will make him faster. You are invinsible, I can be too. Sence you are "so strong" that you can get up and do all of that, then I feel I should be able to make his faster than light. Yes, you are a Sith Lord. That doesn't make your body unhurtable. The strongest Sith/Jedi can be killed if hit my an 18 wheeler truck. Just because you are strong enough in the Force to do the harder moves like this Force Sphere, doesn't mean you can be dealt any form of normal damage. That is even more unrealist than me letting Randd go that fast. You make it so Verse was out of the fight in one post. He couldn't run, walk, talk, think, or move in one post. Yes, you could have done that with the Force, but REALISTY you would be tired after the doing that. Guss what. You didn't do it with the Force. He was a Jedi Knight before you even started RPin' on this board. That is what I call God-Modding. You can say I am as well. I am havin' to tip into what you do in order to stay in the Fight. Yes, Randd is a Padawan. Thus that mean he is just stupid? Wedge Antilles is the best piolet in SW history. Just because he can't use the Force doesn't mean he can't beat Luke Skywalker in a ship. I rest my case. As far as the Ki energy goes, I agree with Verse. It was pushing the envolpe. Verse can turn into a werwolf, talk to animals, increase size, and speed, 20 fold in the form. Why doesn't he? It is not SW. His race heals faster than you can hurt him. Does he do it. No. Why? It is not in SW. Also, breaking an arm. If you can break my damn arm I should have done so much damage to you, you should not be able to piss straight. You are not invinsible. Randd isn't hurt because physical attacks do not work well on him. The sphere is a good attack. Why? It is the Force. Even with the Force you can not punch Randd enough to make him even flinch though. Why? It is a physical attack. I will not argue about the sphere. It works. Not the breaking of the arm or crushing of internal organs ect, but a really nice attack. This like that are what you use. You don't need to tell anyone to be realist. You are just god-modding bad. Almost the worst I have seen in the 2 1/2 almost three years I have been rpin' here. Not even a Sith master can Float in the air, Perform a High Level move like this Pressure sphere, and throw a beam that big with his mind at the same time. Seperatly, yes. Not all at the same time.

1. You're saying your character should be unbelievably strong, strong enough to pretty much kill me, or take me out of the game in a few hits. This isn't godmoding? If your character is as slow as you say he is, then your posts should have included MnT dodging, and being able to get out of the way. That never happened. Every attack Randd attempted landed. MnT would have died if not for the SJ aspects I decided to use.

2. The move I did on Verse hurt him temporarily, and he wasn't able to do anything to me, during my post. In any post Anyone does in a fight, they have temporary control of the other person's character for that time. I simply chose to not let him dash out of the battle, after attacking my friends. The attack I used did no lasting damage to Verse, and in his next turn, he could have easily used the force to heal the temporary numbness his mind was on, almost by reflex. I thought that was a typical thing for Jedis. Besides. Jedis learn to numb another's pain when they're beginning padawans, why do you think that if they wanted to, a Sith Lord wouldn't be able to put someone else Into pain, with relative ease?

3. Yes, Randd is a padawan, doesn't mean he's stupid, means he's not nearly as skilled in fighting as a Lord. (Especially one who specializes in martial arts.) If the situation were played out in a truly realistic form, Randd wouldn't be able to hit MnT, and MnT wouldn't be able to hurt Randd, with the exception of with the force.

4. I came to the SWfans board and started training with TSE late october 2000. I dunno if Verse was a Knight then, but if he was, then he made knight faster than most people I know.

5. MnT is extremely angry. It's a well known fact that the Sith draw off anger to become even stronger than normal with the Force. That's one of the major strengths Of the Sith.

6. I've seen Rama Sha, a Sith Master, survive a huge explosion at near point-blank range. I've seen Anbira Hicchoru float with ease using the force. Hell, I've even seen Satine, long before he was a knight, float temporarily with the force. If I hadn't used the floating, and taken even half of the damage your character has inflicted on me, he wouldn't have been in any shape even to climb up the stairs back to the third floor. His entire chest would have caved in from that first punch, if not from being slammed into the wall by so much mass, destroying his lungs and everything else in his chest. You then threw him down to the 1st floor, which likely would have killed him.

The reason I Used the ki, and Saiya-Jin aspects of my character, is so he'd Survive. It's illegal to have your character killed, or otherwise taken out of play, without your consent. I was simply keeping him alive, by using strength and whatnot, that was pretty much equal to the kind of physical power Randd was using against MnT.

Randd
Jan 20th, 2002, 11:55:10 AM
Ok, I would like to start off by saying I am sorry as well.

I have always been big on saying that your rank does prove your fighting skill. If you take Jet Li and put him against Vader, and they didn't use the Force, Jet Li will kick ass. I have always felt the titles of Lord, Master, Padawan only dealt with Force skill and Jedi/Sith Thinking. Jet Li knows nothing of thr Force, but kicks royal ass. I will keep what you said in mind in the posts. What I meant about the last attack with Randd was. Floating in the air is hard. So is the sphere, as well as throwing that pole with enough Force. Easy to do with your rank one by one. Maybe impossible all at once. I will edit out the OOC comments from the thread an keep with the fight. It is a good one. Liek a speed -vs- strenght thing. Proves a few things. BTW the reason Randd isn't useing alot of the Force is because he is a padawan. i was thinking about that. Now that we have made up, lets have a better RP. I feel it did us both good to have this talk.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2002, 11:57:34 AM
Aw.

Group hug time? :D :lol

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jan 20th, 2002, 02:14:12 PM
:: glad her advice was taken and things worked out ::

^_^

TheHolo.Net
Jan 20th, 2002, 02:40:28 PM
Thank you MnT and Randd....and Dale as well for helping with this situation. :)

Miryan no Trunks
Jan 20th, 2002, 09:23:32 PM
Yes, much thanks, Master Dale ^_^ And yeah, I hope this can continue on to be a great fight =) Haven't had one in a while