PDA

View Full Version : The Zhar system...

Alpha
Jan 18th, 2002, 08:02:15 PM
Capashen stands on the bridge of the heavy warship Tolaria, watching as the starlines form back into single pinpricks, signalling the end of a hyperspace trip.

"Sir," a crew-man says to the Jedi Knight, "We've arrived in the Zhar system. Heading up on target now."

"Good, signal the fleet, and have them spread out, sending our builders out to both of the moons. I want mineral deposit information within the hour, and mines set up at those locales within this week."

"Yessir." With that, the crew-man got to work relaying the orders, and getting everything prepped for launch.

"Tactical?"

"Yessir?"

"We will launch our supplies and things, and then we will be going to patrol around this system. Activate the shields, and fold out the armor and wings. Arm our weapons."

"Aye-sir."

Satine allows himself a smile, and sits down in his command chair, leaning back, and watching.

Sean Piett
Jan 18th, 2002, 09:49:32 PM
OOC: Unless Viscera still intends to carry this out with a puppet, I might as well do it myself.

ISD2 Exeter
VSD3 Triad
Hammer class Light Cruiser Indiko
Fire-class Light Frigate Kotiate
Fire-class Light Frigate Leonides
Fire-class Light Frigate Malice
Fire-class Light Frigate Nihil
Fire-class Light Frigate Nitsa
Fire-class Light Frigate Prentioch
Constrainer-class Interdiction Picket Riesa

IC:

With a jolt, Exeter slowed from lightyears a minute to only several MGLTs. The bluish tails of stars were swept up into simple circles as the Fourth Delteon Star Destroyer group came out of hyperspace. They came out of hyperspace no more than a hundred klicks from the Tolaria. The Hapan Nova Cruiser was a powerful ship, and Piett feared it no less than a Star Destroyer.

So? He was cautious. It was not a weakness.

Every docking bay in this mini fleet Piett was commanding was packed with starfighters. Every ship about him was bristling with lasers. The engines were fast, and the seats were comfortable. All seemed in good order.

"Prepare according to J.E- D1 proceedures."

You didn't go to a Naval Acadamy to do nothing. The crew knew what to do.

A majority of the fighters launched, leaving some in the docking bays. They would, of course, launch if a ship was in danger. Power from the generators was siphoned to guns and shields as the engines slowed to a creep. TIE Devils whipped around and about the ships like hyper molecules, eventually coming to a stop with their flight groups. The capital ships and frigates were already in place.

Piett restrained from hailing the Jedi fleet.

Alpha
Jan 18th, 2002, 11:31:16 PM
Satine's tactical officer looks up from his station, and says, "Sir? I think there's something out there..."

The Jedi Knight gets up from his chair, and goes to the tactical screen. "What it it?"

"Faint traces. It could be something else, but I just tuned our sensors..."

"Launch fighters, just in case your suspicions turn out to be true..."

Satine wonders what this little ghost on his sensors is, and then reflects that his fomer Nova-Class Vessel--now something much more powerful, and heavily armed--could probably take on anything short of a ISD by itself with ease...But that could be arrogance talking...

Sean Piett
Jan 19th, 2002, 09:32:36 PM
"Do not be afraid to confront the enemy, Captain. Make us known."

"Of course, Sir. We will move in."

"Scout the area. We want to know what he has."

"Who are we hunting, Sir?"

"A Jedi."

Piett stood up from his chair and walked over to the viewport. He clasped his hands behind his back and looked to the area where Capashen's fleet would show up. Without turning his had, he spoke to the captain again.

"Does the enemy fleet know we're here yet?"

"No, Sir. I beleive they're mainly useing Hapan sensors, and, well..."

"Send out sensor pings for them to intercept. We want them to know we're here."

"Yes, Sir, I will see to it," said the Captain.

"And Captain. Summon Commander Reibisch."

"Of course, Sir."

Alpha
Jan 20th, 2002, 02:09:00 PM
"Sir! Fleet moving in! Imperial in design."

Satine yells out orders as soon as he hears this, and he runs over to the sensor station.

"Oh crap..." He curses as he sees the blips, and activates the ship-to-ship comm and intra-ship comms.

"Satine to al Dragon Fleet personel. Battle stations, I repeat, battle stations. Activate the war droids"--each Dragon fleet vessel had three high powered war droids in case of boarding, or they decided to board an enemy vessel--"and all Dragoons get to your special stations. Launch fighters, and raise shields and arm weapons. Prepare for a fight."