PDA

View Full Version : Cobwebs of Antiquity (Closed)

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 17th, 2002, 08:26:21 PM
Daegal moved quickly to the hangar. He was going to make final preparations on Darkfire, his Strike-II class cruiser. Today was an important day, and everything had to go exactly as planned. They would be arriving soon, and Daegal had to make sure that everything was ready so that they could begin their journey immediately.

Less that two hours ago, Daegal had recruited the final member of the four man team that was to leave soon for Onderon. Their mission was simple...reclaim the past. They would be looking for lost Sith artifacts and temples, and it would take every bit of Dark Energy that the four of them had to survive the treacherous jungles, the natives and any possible remnants of the former jedi academy.

With final preparations complete, Daegal boarded the cruiser and awaited the arrival of the other three.

BI0HAZZARD
Jan 17th, 2002, 08:42:57 PM
*No sooner did Daegal enter the cruiser did Bi0 show up. He had agreed to go along with the operation to Yavin 4 to look for Sith Artifacts*

(Don't know what is in contest but it beats the hell out of being copped up in SE all day!)

*Bi0 walked into the cruiser and sat down across from Daegal*

"Made it Daegal...I assume this mission has gone through the usual channels correct?"

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 17th, 2002, 08:45:53 PM
"Of course, my old friend. I am glad to see that you've made it. Once the other's show up, I will let you all in on what exactly we are looking for."

Daegal motioned for his friend to sit down. "Until then, I guess we will just wait here for them."

DarthPoreon
Jan 18th, 2002, 04:43:29 PM
Lieing in his room, staring aimlessly at the ceiling, Poreon heard a flutter in the Force. It took barely a moment to register who the message was from: Daegal Murdoch. The Sith Warrior had helped out Poreon immensly on a reconnosciance mission... that was before the revolution. Despite mixed emotions regarding almost everything now, Poreon respected the upcoming warrior.

Pushing himself off the cot, the intrigued Knight jogged across the installation to where he was to meet Daegal. He entered the facility, seeing two Sith Warriors--Daegal and Bio.

Poreon nodded to each of them, "So, why did you call me?"

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 19th, 2002, 10:44:19 PM
"Knight Poreon, we require your skills in a mission of great importance. We are going to Onderon to look for ancient Sith artifacts. Our main targets are Sith Talismans and magical Sith Swords that are rumored to be able to deflect even lightsabers. Will you help us in this endeavor?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 19th, 2002, 11:00:35 PM
You didn't wait.

*Snack was refering to when Daegal had said "Once the other's show up, I will let you all in on what exactly we are looking for." He wasn't there to actually hear that, but he picked it up with the Force on his way there, just as he picked up the message Warrior Daegal. Soemthing about wanting to meet him in the hangar bay, talk about something, etc.

The Dark Knight, did however overhear the plan of the mission, and liked it. Maybe it would help him find a more solid base of what the Sith of the Old were, how they acted and what they did. He walked up to the three other Sith grouped there, and nodded.*

I guess you called me here for that as well... Count me in.

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 19th, 2002, 11:39:21 PM
"Excellent. Between the four of us, we should be able to retrieve some very interesting artifacts of old. Perhaps with the knowledge of old, we can erradicate the Jedi once and for all."

Pushing a few buttons on a console sitting to the side of him, the door to the ship closed. Darkfire lifted off the ground and began the predefined course to Onderon.

"Gentlemen, we are now underway."

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 20th, 2002, 11:06:59 AM
OOC: Due to him hitting new topic instead of reply, the following post is by Bi0Hazzard, not me.

IC:

*As they were already underway, Bi0 thought back to what he read about Orderon*

(Orderon...4,400 years ago, the power of the Sith was brought to it by Dark Jedi Freedon Nadd...those who refused this were forced to become the beast riders who tamed the blood beasts of Dxun...no known Sith Temples exist on Orderon...however, Nadd did bring the Sith power to Orderon. Based on this information, Sith Magic might still linger somewhere on Orderon)

*Leans his head against the cold steel surface*

(And where there is Sith Magic, there will always be relics or weapons...one doesn't need a temple to house artifacts...they can simple bury it)

*Shifting his view toward Snack, Bi0 stood up and sat next to him to discuss something in private*

"Excuse me, Sir Snack, you ever heard of that deadly Dragon-Bird on Onderon?

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 20th, 2002, 11:14:37 AM
Can't say that I have.

*He moved his eyes to look at Bi0. That Warrior was an interesting creature. Shadows concealed his face, not revealing any form of signifying features. All that could bee seen were two glowing eyes. If anyone were to meet this Sith in a dark alleyway, Snack would bet that the thing would die in fear and intimidation. Of course, Snack was not just anyone. He locked eyes with the Faceless Void, feeling the Dark Power around him.*

Tell me about this creature.

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 20th, 2002, 03:39:59 PM
Intrigued by his comrade's comments, Daegal looked towards him with interest. "Yes, please do tell."

BI0HAZZARD
Jan 20th, 2002, 06:07:15 PM
*Bi0 breathed a heavy sign. He wasn't really the type to give lectures or battle tactics*

"Well....it's the only native creature on Orderon. Without any enemies, it could easily overrun the planet. However, given the facts, what keeps the Dragon Bird from overrunning Orderon might be the annual period between Dxun and Orderon. This annual period makes both the atmosphere's of Dxun and Orderon intersect with each other, forming a sort of bridge"

*Bi0 paused so that this info could be soaken in*

"...Dxun is know for those infamous Blood Beast. These Blood Beast cross over from Dxun to Orderon. Since the Dragon Bird is the only native, it's numbers are easily crushed by the Blood Beast but not to an extinction point. After the period is over they eventally head back to Dxun. Why they don't stay on Orderon is still under question".

*Stand up and looks out the widnow at the stary universe. Bi0 didn't need to turn around to see the eyes on him*

"Anyway, I don't know what a Dragon Bird looks like and no one has ever reported being attacked by one. However, the record states it is deadly...it was probably once gentle but ever since the intersections with Dxun started, they might have evolved to fight back against the blood beast".

*Bi0 turns around to face the group*

"However, givin it's reputation, I'd guess it looks like a cross between a wyvern and an eagle"

*Remains standing*

"That's pretty much everything I've told you..."

OOC- Sorry about that guys....about the thread thing....won't happen again.

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 20th, 2002, 06:51:38 PM
"Interesting. So no one has reported being attacked, yet it is noted that they are deadly? Odd. Is there any information as to how many approximately there will be when we arrive?"

BI0HAZZARD
Jan 20th, 2002, 08:53:31 PM
*Looks out the window again*

"Lucky for us, were in luck...the intersection between the planets took place about a week ago...meaning that the Dragon Bird's numbers were lowered from close to 10 million down to about 15,000. I guess you can't really call it luck but it's better then 10 million"

Darkfire Comm. Officer
Jan 20th, 2002, 09:06:42 PM
A monotonus voice suddenly came over the speakers on the bridge of the Darkfire. It spoke slowly, the elderly male voice resounding throughout the bridge.

"This is the communications officer. We are nearing Orderon. We will be in orbit in approximately twenty minutes. Please prepare to board your Light Transports."

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 20th, 2002, 09:14:28 PM
Turning to his comrades, a smile crossed Daegal's lips. "Well, I guess that is our que. Darth Snack and I will be team one, Bi0 and Darth Poreon, you will be team two. We should probably be heading to the transports."

With that, the four Sith all stood in unison and made their way towards the two awaiting Light Transports.

Soon, they were standing outside of the Transports. Daegal pushed a button on the small commuicator on his wrist. "I need three communicators for my comrades and I need final checks made before we depart."

"Yes sir", a nameless ensign replied.

Soon a man brought forth three communicators, which Daegal gave to each of the Sith. "We will be operating on channel Alpha 679. Should something happen and we need to change channels, we will move to Charlie 882. The landing location has been programmed into our Transports' nav computers. They will autopilot us down."

The loudspeakers in the hangar came to life with a slight crackle. "Final preparations and check completed. You are clear for takeoff."

Daegal nodded and the four Sith entered their Transports. As the doors closed, the transports came to life and exited the Strike-II Cruiser, bound for the surface of Orderon.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 21st, 2002, 12:37:03 AM
*Snack sat in the transport with Daegal, looking out one of the viewports watching the ship they just exited fade off in the distance. He shifted in his seat to look out another viewport, this time looking at the planet of Onderon grow bigger and bigger before them. The words on the dragon birds or whatever they were flew aroudn in Snack's mind. How dangerous they were supose to be, no one has ever seen them or been attacked by them. Of course, if they were attacked and were so deadly, their prey would never have the chance to tell anyone about it. A smile crossed the Knight's face as he thought about them more.*

You think we will have enough room for one of those Dragon birds in this thing? I want one as a pet.

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 21st, 2002, 12:45:43 AM
Daegal had been looking out of his viewport, thinking back upon the past while staring in an unbroken trance at the world that lay before them.

Suddenly, the words of his Comrade brought him back to reality. "If we can subdue one alive, I will have another transport sent down. In fact, I would like to bring around five or so back if we can. I have heard rumors floating around that Master Lynch has done some cloning research in his younger days. Perhaps he can figure out a way to clone them to use for the Empire, that is if we can bring one back."

The monotonus voice of the computer began to speak, "Fifteen minutes until initial touchdown."

OOC: Bi0 and Poreon, I have created a private forum on my board for brainstorming for this thread. Please visit http://pub50.ezboard.com/fthemurdochestatefrm4 If you do not have access (you should) let me know.

BI0HAZZARD
Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:34:22 PM
*Bi0 remains silent while he and the other Sith travel to Orderon*

(A Sith Sword....supposely it can parry even a saber....I could use one of those...)

DarthPoreon
Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:39:01 PM
The computer spoke out once more every three minutes, when the machine quieted so the pilot(s) could concentrate on landing the spaceship. All four of the Darksiders had strapped into their crashwebbing sets and were now snugly trapped against their seats.

The safety gear proved unnecessary, the pilots at the helm touched down without the slightest bump or snag. Poreon quickly freed himself from his restraints and stretched his muscles about as his fellowship rose.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:13:26 PM
*Snack, too, freed himself from the restraints that held him in upon touch down. He exited the light transport he was in, and glanced over to Poeron who had exited out of his. Bi0 and Daegal soon after exited as well.*

I suggest the two teams split up. We can cover more ground that way, and if we find anything worth interest, we can always contact each other over our respective comm frequencies.

*Snack looked around the area, observing the alien terrain and what troubles it might bring.*

Daegal and myself will head this way.

*Pointing to their left towards a patch work of trees and rolling hills, Snack looked at Poreon and Bi0.*

May Darkness empower you both.

Daegal Murdoch
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:41:07 PM
As Daegal stepped out of the craft, he tilted his head slightly and pushed up on his chin. The sickening popping of his neck brought a smile to his face. As Snack gave out directions, Daegal merely checked his weapons and listened.

After the routes to be taken were layed out, Daegal followed Snack as they began to move in the direction that he had pointed. As they neared the forest, Daegal saw a small movement in the tree. Looking to Snack, who merely nodded, Daegal knew that it had not been his imagination. Something, or someone was obviously in the trees.

As they neared the trees, both Sith tried to appear as though they had no idea that someone was up there.

BI0HAZZARD
Jan 28th, 2002, 10:33:33 AM
*Watches Snack and Daegal head out*

"Well, best we do the same Sir Poreon.."

*Begins walking to the left*

DarthPoreon
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:29:13 PM
Poreon nodded and fell into step behind Bi0. He would have walked beside his fellow Sith, but the defile through the Orderon jungle would not allow it without some serious shurbbery-lightsaber-redefinition. The jungle sounded alive with reptiles, birds and mammals squabbling inconsistent chatter and war-cries. All of the noises magnified twice over in Poreon's ears, a highly sensitive pair.

"I wish I could understand what they are saying... Reading their feelings is so vague." Poreon shouted to Bi0 up ahead.

BI0HAZZARD
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:44:53 PM
*Bi0 turned his head slightly to look at Poreon while still walking*

"There probably warning everything of our presence...this jungle probably hasn't had much human contact".

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:02:42 PM
I hope it's a Dragon bird.

*The Knight spoke outloud to Daegal, smirking as he spoke. He knew what he was doing. Whatever the thing that moved was doing, it was evidently trying to scare the two Sith. So why not scare it back?

More rustling was heard as the creature moved about, trying to one step Daegal and Snack. Reaching through the Force, he caught glimpse of the beast, and locked on as it dodged and darted through the trees. What ability for a creature of its size to be doing this.*

We're being hunted.

BI0HAZZARD
Feb 10th, 2002, 08:02:39 PM
*Bi0 slaps his head in his mind as he continues his walk with Poreon*

(Oh damnit! I forgot to tell them the size of the Dragon Bird! From what I remember, the biggest was roughly the size of Jabba the Hutt. But it aren't slow at all...it have excellent dexerity and trying to calm it with the Force is non existent...again, it must be the result of the Blood Beasts tha have made them so dangerous. So to sum it down, only quick wits and a good fighting skills can topple one of that size)

*Bi0 remained silent for a brief moment then thought again*

(But I don't think we have anything to fear...Orderon has seen sightings of the Dragon Bird but the reports of the sightings said they were only the size of a Battle Droid...only more dangerous I can imagine...)