PDA

View Full Version : Dalethria has...

TheHolo.Net
Jan 17th, 2002, 06:07:46 PM
...expressed her interest in coming back as a moderator for the roleplaying section and per a few of the comments in the thread we had regarding new moderators a week or so ago, some supported her as coming back as well.

Personally, friendship with her aside, I think she was an excellent part of our staff and would be valued to have among us again, but before any decisions are made I wished to speak to the current staff regarding it and the general board population as well. I am sure there will be some people against it and I think many of you know who I am referring to, but is it ever possible to please everyone?

TheHolo.Net
Jan 17th, 2002, 06:20:43 PM
With the amount of recent complaints, I also think appointing one more general RP moderator would be a good idea and I feel that Nichos Mar/Seth Darkserpent would be good for the position.

imported_Eve
Jan 17th, 2002, 09:39:31 PM
Good call Iguardo. Yea and yea.

Darth Vader
Jan 17th, 2002, 10:51:26 PM
Dale's shown ruthless zeal before in doing her mod duties, and Nichos is a well-standing guy as well...thumbs up to both

Champion of the Force
Jan 17th, 2002, 11:44:05 PM
Put appointment through based on nomination. Hold a nomination thread and do it the old fashioned way.

I know she's been a mod before.

I know she can be trusted.

I know she's very good at the job.

I know that other staff members have been reappointed on the basis that they've already held the job in the past (like me).

... but after all the uproar we've had in recent times concerning the appointment of mods I think it would be best to play it safely and hold the usual nomination process like we've been promising to use from now on. ESPECIALLY considering Dalethria's original appointment received special attention for criticism back in October. :\

I wouldn't just use the thread from last week either - once we established that the admins weren't asking for nominations the posters abruptly stopped putting in nominations. It may look a bit sneaky on our part if we were saying we weren't looking for more mods a week ago but then reappoint Dalethria now.

I hope she gets reappointed regardless of which method you choose.

Champion of the Force
Jan 17th, 2002, 11:46:30 PM
but before any decisions are made I wished to speak to the current staff regarding it and the general board population as well
Oh ****! >_<

That should teach me to read everything properly before shooting my mouth off.

Ignore what I said above. I thought for a second there that we were just going to reappoint her without consulting the posters.

Appoint away. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 18th, 2002, 12:00:09 AM
I went ahead and started a topic so the posters will feel they had some input, no matter the outcome. :)

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11744

TheHolo.Net
Jan 19th, 2002, 12:48:45 AM
Seeing how the thread in the OOC forum is going it looks as if Nichos has refused the position, so we’ll need to decide on another amongst the staff. Personally I am leaning towards Fett due to his fresh perspective on some things as well as the fact that he has been here a very long time, and never flamed a soul. Sure he disagrees sometimes to the point of near frustration, but that can be a good thing, diversity is a good thing to have. I am also liking him as a candidate due to his differing timezone, giving us better coverage in times when most of us in the US are sleeping.

I am thinking we will discuss things in here while letting that topic run until about Monday, and then we can make our decision and announce it.

BTW: Dalethria has received enough poster support IMO to have her position back.

Champion of the Force
Jan 19th, 2002, 09:20:10 PM
So how many mods are we looking at appointing? Most people seem to be nominating 2 people each.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 19th, 2002, 09:31:05 PM
I was thinking two as well, even before starting the thread.

Champion of the Force
Jan 19th, 2002, 09:39:05 PM
So I take it then that Reaper and Dales will get the nod correct?

Appointing 2 mods may be a wiser option if Dales was certain to be appointed, lest we be accused of favouritism all over again. :rolleyes

TheHolo.Net
Jan 19th, 2002, 09:43:14 PM
Yep, at the beginning of this thread I mentioned her return as well as my thoughts regarding Nichos, but since he refused the position needed to make another selection and feel that Fett is a good one that the posers also support. And Dale has received good support as well, so all is looking good. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 20th, 2002, 12:22:25 AM
Even though I don't go into the roleplayer forum much I think Reaper would be a great mod, he is around a lot and I think he is fair overall, I have had a few disagreements with him but they were nothing bad, just arguing different perspectives of things which I actually like to do as long as it doesn't turn into flaming like somepeople we know;)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 20th, 2002, 01:20:34 AM
Thanks for the input. I appreciate any and all of it from any member of the staff. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 20th, 2002, 03:04:43 PM
Just yesterday Dale helped me to moderate an OOC situation taking place in a thread by the name of “Chilling…” and further proves to at least me why she should be a moderator again. :)

What was turning into a situation of two people screaming god mode at each other has now become a situation where people are communicating civilly and working through their disagreements.

Jedieb
Jan 20th, 2002, 04:32:54 PM
I think Reaper would be an excellent choice. He and I are always going back and forth on EU issues but it never degenerates into anything nasty because he knows how to disagree with someone without being rude.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 20th, 2002, 11:38:33 PM
I have announced the new moderators and now feel that a replacement Fleet mod is probably worth considering in light of Sanis' resignation.

Champion of the Force
Jan 20th, 2002, 11:43:06 PM
Is there enough happening on the fleet front to warrant a new mod?

From what I could see Sanis spent most of his time handling general roleplaying issues.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 20th, 2002, 11:44:11 PM
I agree with you on that but think that the fleet players may make a bid for a new mod. Probably best to wait and see if they do.

Nupraptor
Jan 21st, 2002, 12:59:02 AM
Even though I'm not exactly buddy-buddy with him, I think Viscera would probably make a good choice for fleet mod. The only other person I can think of who knows as much about the fleets as he does is Varlon, and I feel that Var is too prone to abuse the position.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jan 21st, 2002, 02:02:22 AM
well, thank you for the kind words and wanting me back. Hope to do a good as job as I did last time .... ^_^

And, Sanis is back... no worries about finding another mod :crack