PDA

View Full Version : Old republic

Telan Desaria
Jan 17th, 2002, 01:43:50 PM
remember how we once did threads that exists as if our characters we in the future? That was back when the SW.Fans site was back on the ezboard ring. well They we pretty popular. I was wondering if everyone would be willing to participate in a thread about their character's parent's or great grandparents dating back about a hundred years. so we could spin a tale of the Old Republic. We could do it during the age of the Katana Fleet and the rise of Senator Palaptine and the Sith could spin stories about the rise of the Krath and their long lost Empire, and the Jedi as the protectors of the galaxy.

For us Imps, we would be the main military arm, serving valiantly to defend against the wilderness, for the agalaxy was a smaller place back then. There was pirates and convoys to protect, and settlements to defend.

What do you think?

If I get a good response, I'll start one with my great-great grandfather as the Admiral of the Katana Fleet at its inception, right before its crew went mad.

Could it work?

Fleet Admiral Telan Desaria

Gav Mortis
Jan 17th, 2002, 01:57:04 PM
It's a very interesting idea - unfortunately however, Gav's family history is pretty boring. :(

Aaron Belargic
Jan 17th, 2002, 03:07:52 PM
Oooh... That would be neat, considering as how Aaron and Dasquian would be alive then. ^_^

Khan Surak
Jan 17th, 2002, 03:24:58 PM
I think that'd be fun. Rivals now could make their ancestors want to beat the crap out of each other too. :D

Admiral Lebron
Jan 17th, 2002, 04:49:56 PM
Well, the Lebron line is long been intact a 100 years previous. There could be an Admiral Lebron.

Master Yoghurt
Jan 17th, 2002, 04:54:57 PM
Well, my character is more than 850 years old, so that should not be a problem. Unfortunately, I have quite a bit of others roleplays to catch up with, so I cant promise anything at this point.

Nupraptor
Jan 17th, 2002, 05:02:43 PM
If we assume that the roleplay takes place in the same general period of time as most of the EU, then I could play Nup's father. Although... I made him out to be a pretty vanilla character. :\

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 17th, 2002, 05:04:10 PM
100 years eh....

That would make Marcus 8 years old.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 17th, 2002, 05:31:56 PM
I can't think of any of my characters that might apply for this :\

Shade Magus
Jan 17th, 2002, 09:46:56 PM
hey i would like to do this...i can make my brother's father old enough for that....

Alpha
Jan 17th, 2002, 10:15:44 PM
My character would be -86 years old. His great-grandfather would be an interesting one to play...I wouldn't mind this.

Telan Desaria
Jan 18th, 2002, 08:48:29 AM
So you would like me to start this?

I will begin a post in the SW Roleplaying thread as soon as I can, maybe tonight, or perhaps as late as Monday.

Aura Munroe
Jan 18th, 2002, 03:27:30 PM
Apart from Dasquian being alive I wouldn't have anyone to put into it... maybe one of Vega's relatives or something |I

Nichos Marr
Jan 18th, 2002, 06:18:36 PM
No one for me...Except Kyro Marr, Jedi Knight of the Old Republic. Hmm...I might just pop in :)

Telan Desaria
Jan 18th, 2002, 07:45:34 PM
I've begun the thread. the story line I plan to follow is a convoy carrying illicit supplies that actually turn out to supplies for the Sith! When Desaria finds out, he destroyes them and the convoy, forces of the Sith attack to aid their prey, but not before Desaria-the elder- is killed. But, before he dies, he places a call for Jedi and Republic reinforcements which arrive n time to save them and eliminate/drive off the Sith, but they manage to save most of what they came for, paving the way for TSE today.

YOU all can add ALOT to this here so it works out well in the RP.
What do you think?