PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 toy images at the SW Hasbro site

Jedieb
Jan 16th, 2002, 01:20:12 PM
More than anyone, I'm aware that this belongs in the collecting forum. But not many of us go there so I thought it would just get buried there. The official site and Hasbro have slowly started to reveal EP2 product. They've got pics of figures, ships, speeders, and a beast. If you're interested and don't mind some minor spoilers then head on over. The spoilers are basically character names, not much more.

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews.cfm

Some collectors have been complaining because the figures are coming out with poses that are too dramatic and scene specific. I don't mind because I know Hasbro will be shoving 5 different versions of each major character down our throats so we'll eventually get a traditional figure anyway.

Darth23
Jan 16th, 2002, 03:12:15 PM
I'm starting to think that the phrases "Star War fan" and "complaining" go hand in hand.

The CCG people complain about a new company making the cards, the action figure collectors complain about the action figures, the soundtrack people complain about the soundtrack scores released, everyone complains about the dvds, or the lack of dvds, or the release of video tapes.

Then there are the 'movie' fans. :p

darth_mcbain
Jan 16th, 2002, 04:06:02 PM
Unfortunately, there is some truth to your theory Darth23... :rolleyes I'm just happy with whatever GL throws our way - they're his movies, I'm just a fan and if the way things work out don't go 100% the way I think they should, that's tough cr@p for me - they're not my films...

Anyway, the latest toy on there The Reek , looks totally awesome. I might have to get that one when it comes out...

Jedieb
Jan 16th, 2002, 09:05:04 PM
The beast you mentioned does look great. For a change, Hasbro is throwing in some electronics with its beast. Off the top of my head, this is the first time Hasbro has done this with a non ship or special 12" figure.

the action figure collectors complain about the action figures,

We're a funny bunch us action figure collectors. Unlike the film fans, we've got a lot more to rave or moan about. You're talking about HUNDREDS of figures and scores of vehicles and playsets. There's no way you can like everything thrown at you. And paying over $7 a figure when a comparable G.I. Joe is almost half the price can gall even the most stalwart collector. But it's more good than bad, way more good. You've also got a lot of niches in the collecting community;

Openers
Displayers
Vintage Collectors
POTF2 & Beyond Collectors
12" Collectors
Just figures, no ships
Variant card collectors

I could actually go on and easily get into double digits without ever leaving the area of toys. For me, the guys that irritate me are the ones who start thinking you've got to collect one way and only that way. There's always going to be something to "complain" about. You can't look at the first steroid addicted no neck Rebel Fleet Trooper and not have something negative to say. But if you keep complaining and complaining then you need to ask yourself ;"Why did you buy it if you didn't like it?"

Collect how you want to collect and display your collection however you want to display it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 16th, 2002, 09:35:29 PM
I think they are taking a page out of what Toy biz did for the LOTR figures which are awesome I think. I also understand that they are releasing two different versions, one is the collectors stuff for 7 bucks the other is the traditional figures more aimed at kids priced in the 5 dollar range.

Jedieb
Jan 17th, 2002, 09:57:10 AM
The figures are being split into two waves (Collection 1 & 2), but they'll both be priced the same. You're not going to see any SW figures for $5 until they start to get clearanced. What is new is a brand new scale of figures that are going to be marketed under the name of Gen Y. Rumor has it these will be a 6" scale with more sculpting. It's not a scale we've ever seen with SW figures, aside from the Epic Force statues/figures and the Mega EP1 Figures. I'm not sure I'm going to be buying them and I don't see them doing all that well.

Jedieb
Jan 17th, 2002, 10:41:44 AM
They've just updated again with pics of the Deluxe figures. These should retail for about $10, hopefully $9.

darth_mcbain
Jan 17th, 2002, 07:23:21 PM
Did you see the Force Attack from Mace Windu? It looks like a spiderman type web thing... :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 17th, 2002, 08:04:44 PM
Yeah it looks cool, so doesn,t Jango. So which figure is everybody going to get first. I think I want Jango first.:)

darth_mcbain
Jan 18th, 2002, 11:24:24 AM
I think Jango will be up there on my list - just looks pretty cool. It could be a tough one to get though - I know when TPM came out I had a heck of a time finding the Darth Maul figure until things quieted down a little bit. I think the Dooku one looks pretty sweet too. On the Jango one, I always thought that he and Boba used smaller, more easily concealed weaponry (I haven't delved into the EU all that much, so forgive me if that's not true), but sheesh, he's got a freakin' BAZOOKA!!! :)

Jedieb
Jan 18th, 2002, 12:18:59 PM
We're going to be seeing more Jango figures than you can shake a stick at. The best one I've seen so far is the Deluxe Jango. All the accesories make that figure simply awesome. We're also going to be getting some AOTC Preview figures in the next month or so. Off the top of my head I think they'll be 4 of them and there may be a Jango amongst them. He'll show up in the first wave of April 22 figures also, probably on the standard blue card. As for availability, don't sweat it. The preview figures MIGHT be tough to come by at first, but eventually they'll start sitting. When the first regular figures come out on the 22nd Jango, like Maul was, will be the top seller. But even if you don't see him on a peg, he's bound to be in an unopened case in the back. Whatever you do, don't let some jerk off scare you into thinking he's rare and that ebay is your only choice. Stupid scalpers!:mad If you're not a toy freak like me and don't make weekly toy runs then you may want to consider an online toy retailer. They'll save you the time and expense of visiting stores. rebelscum.com and yakface.com have links to several sites. Wherever you go, you should still never pay more than $1 or $2 more per figure than what WalMart sells them for.

darth_mcbain
Jan 21st, 2002, 09:14:54 AM
On a new update to the SW site, there is a figure of a creature up called the Ackley. It looks really sweet, kind of like a cross between a wolf and a spider I hadn't heard about this creature at al, looks to be pretty neat.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/01/news20020118_0.html

darth_mcbain
Jan 21st, 2002, 10:27:21 AM
http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=35

On the SW Hasbro site, there is now an image of a clonetrooper Looks pretty awesome!!! While I'm not too much of a collector, I might pick that one up - I like the looks of it.

darth_mcbain
Jan 22nd, 2002, 10:33:49 AM
Yet another update on the SW site for toys - this time they've posted a toy of Count Dooku's lightsaber. Interesting, isn't that the first official word we've had on that subject? I think we pretty much all knew anyway, but I don't recall seeing anything officially on it from the official site.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/01/news20020122.html