PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 toy images at the SW Hasbro site

Jedieb
Jan 16th, 2002, 01:20:12 PM
More than anyone, I'm aware that this belongs in the collecting forum. But not many of us go there so I thought it would just get buried there. The official site and Hasbro have slowly started to reveal EP2 product. They've got pics of figures, ships, speeders, and a beast. If you're interested and don't mind some minor spoilers then head on over. The spoilers are basically character names, not much more.

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews.cfm

Some collectors have been complaining because the figures are coming out with poses that are too dramatic and scene specific. I don't mind because I know Hasbro will be shoving 5 different versions of each major character down our throats so we'll eventually get a traditional figure anyway.

Hart
Jan 17th, 2002, 09:05:45 PM
I really don't like those action poses. They're just disturbing. And the Mace Windu figure seemed to be a huge spoiler on his fighting techniques. Other than that, looking at those figs renewed my SW energies :)

Jedieb
Jan 18th, 2002, 12:32:08 PM
The poses are a bit extreme. They're actually geared toward the collector that likes to keep his figure carded or set up in a diorama. The opener that may want to put his figure in different scenes is kind of stuck with an angry Jedi and not much more. Heaven forbid a KID actually wants to act out a Jedi Council scene with Koth figure that looks like he's ready to kick Mace Windu's butt for disagreeing with him. Personally, I like the poses. I know we'll more than likely get a more generic and traditional pose so I don't sweat it.

Hart
Jan 18th, 2002, 11:50:10 PM
I guess you're right. The more the merrier.
I've just had a lot of experience playing with whose figures that are stuck in one pose and it wasn't fun at all. So those SW figures that they're showing are giving me nightmares.

JMK
Jan 18th, 2002, 11:54:01 PM
Of course we're going to get 6 variations of each figure! Isn't that the norm? :D

Jedieb
Jan 20th, 2002, 04:02:53 PM
Exactly, so if you don't like extreme action Anakin, just be patient and wait for a more traditional pose. Unfortunately, multiple variations are only the norm for core characters and sometimes troop builders. The offscreen Jedi Master with 'angry eyes' may not get remade with a decent pose.

Hart
Jan 22nd, 2002, 09:42:04 PM
Hell, there are TOO many variations. The only thing that'll surprise me is a barbeque chef Obi-Wan alongside soccer-mom Padme that comes with a toy minivan and a comb to brush her hair.

Darth23
Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:32:51 PM
I thought there were goping to be 2 different kinds of Ep 2 figures - those aimed towards collectors and those primarily aimed towards kids - to play with.

JMK
Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:16:26 PM
About the too many variations; did you see the caption feature at the official site "luke-a-palooza"?

http://www.starwars.com/community/captions/2002/01/img/caption31.jpg