PDA

View Full Version : A few question about ships...

Alpha
Jan 16th, 2002, 11:38:56 AM
What do the shield and armor ratings mean, and could someone give me an example of a few different levels and their numbers of each?

What's the hyperdrive multiplier?

I'm finally getting around to making a final Tolaria stat, and I need to knwo these. Help is appreciated. :)

Varlon Konrad
Jan 16th, 2002, 02:27:19 PM
The higher the RU or SBD, the more the hull or shields (respectivly) can take in terms of punishment. And the hyperdrive multiplier is just a way of placing how fast something is in Hyperspace compared to another, but they work inversely, meaning the lower the rating, the faster in lightspeed.

Hope this helps :)

Alpha
Jan 16th, 2002, 07:27:51 PM
It does. Thank you! :)

And one last question:

Can someone tell me the hull and shield ratings of a normal Nova-Class Cruiser? Stock Cruiser I should say.

Jyanis Scorpion
Jan 17th, 2002, 03:36:42 PM
RU = Resistance Units

SBD = Shield Base Durability

Just a little FYI :)

Do you have a picture of this ship? Sometimes ships get called different things and it's sort of ringing a bell in my mind.

Khan Surak
Jan 17th, 2002, 03:46:16 PM
He's referring to the good 'ol Hapes Nova BattleCruiser.. right? It looks kind of like the M/FRGs in TIE Fighter. The ones with two wings pointing down at the front, except this time they're at the end. They have those weird flaps by the bridgehead that act as bridge shields. I can't find the stats anywhere. Scorp probably has 'em somewhere.

Jyanis Scorpion
Jan 17th, 2002, 07:22:45 PM
If that's the case, I'll look for it, because I know what you're talking about if that's it.

Alpha
Jan 17th, 2002, 09:56:21 PM
Thanx Scorp.

And it is the Nova Cruiser, though it's been so heavily modified after about two years in my possession, that it looks not much like the stock version.