PDA

View Full Version : Question for all

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2002, 08:36:43 PM
Who among the Roleplayers has heard of a new group going by the name United Imperial Technologies, (UIT) besides members of TGE?

If so, can I be directed to some of the Roleplays they have done at this board.

Thanks for your time.

Alpha
Jan 15th, 2002, 08:43:29 PM
not me.

ReaperFett
Jan 15th, 2002, 08:47:21 PM
never heard of them

Darth Lynch
Jan 15th, 2002, 08:51:43 PM
Never seen them.

Khendon Sevon
Jan 15th, 2002, 09:17:47 PM
UIT just got its five members, and we didn't RP before that because we weren't official...

our current RP is located here (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11671)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 15th, 2002, 09:26:42 PM
I have. I post there. Why? 'Cause I can. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2002, 09:30:36 PM
I think that in theory it would be better practice to establish a group via RP before posting to the official recognition thread, so that a new group has a basis for its method of operations and style first.

Sumor Rayial
Jan 15th, 2002, 09:33:52 PM
I have.

They announced their merger here (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11475).

However, I'd like to bring this up now before it becomes an issue. To me the UIT seems no more than a subsidiary of TGE.

I'd like confirmation on exactly what the UIT is geared for? ie is it ships or ground? If ships, is the UIT going to ask for shipyards?

Khendon Sevon
Jan 15th, 2002, 09:51:01 PM
UIT is neither ship nor ground.

The main members and I have decided we shall have a total fleet of three or so ships (all UIT designs, of course).

The main reason for UIT is to RP covert operations (coming this week, watch out for it, it'll be a really cool RP) and researches that others might find interesting (such as 'birth')

We're currently debating on the amount of planets to have, one or two, but I believe it shall fall into one.

We're not a fleet group, that's why I'm a member of TGE, for fleet combat.

We're not a strickly ground combat group, if I wanted that I'd join TSE.

We're a 'misc' group that does small, fun, operations that all can enjoy, either in reading, or actual RP.

Does that explain it?

Edit: It's also managed to pull several of the RPers who stopped RPing back into this game by producing a group they'd want to join. (i.e. Mark, Vapor)

Edit2: I believe one shipyard would suit us, that'd be enough to scrap our current fleet, build the 3 new ships, put new fighters in, and repeat when we get new technologies (along with planetary defenses and RP related craft-such as maybe a cloak shuttle to deliver a covert ops team to a planet or something just as cool, for lack of a better term)

Darth Viscera
Jan 15th, 2002, 10:07:25 PM
Khendon is amazingly good at focusing on new designs for spacecraft. The same goes for Lebron. Their new group, UIT, is not a ploy to bring TGE more shipyards. If the 3 ships their group wishes to use are an issue, TGE could give them the 3 ships.

As for the forming of UIT, it was merged from Tarot Labs (Khendon's research group) and Lebron Corp (Lebron's research group), both of which I believe had been established IC prior to the merger. Additionally, the merger was rp'ed out, further establishing the new group.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2002, 10:38:11 PM
To me the UIT seems no more than a subsidiary of TGE

I read this thread the UIT screams "NRSF" to me. Now, while UIT could claim "Group" status and yards, just like NRSF could and for a while did, the NRSF voluntarily gave up those rights as it was believed it could be seen as unfair. Thence, the NRSF now use one of the NR yards instead.

I believe no yard allowance at all is proper, they should use one of TGE's for anything they do. This will immediatly solve any allegations of trying to get advantages.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2002, 10:43:19 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Q'Dunn
I believe no yard allowance at all is proper, they should use one of TGE's for anything they do. This will immediatly solve any allegations of trying to get advantages. I agree with these sentiments. This is not an official ruling as of yet, so debate can continue, but what Marcus just said echoes my thoughts on this since I was first made aware of UIT's existence.

Khan Surak
Jan 15th, 2002, 10:52:56 PM
I don't have a big opinion on the shipyard matter, but are you to tell me that to be able to research one must have a seperate, research-only, 5 member group aside of the one that person had originally?

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2002, 11:21:28 PM
I don't have a big opinion on the shipyard matter, but are you to tell me that to be able to research one must have a seperate, research-only, 5 member group aside of the one that person had originally?

No, you dont need such a thing. I guess they chose to do it that way. I dont know why, cause I would have thought TGE would be into stuff like that. Up to them I suppose.

Khan Surak
Jan 15th, 2002, 11:34:50 PM
Whoo, all right. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I think I lost a couple years right there.

Khendon Sevon
Jan 16th, 2002, 03:11:52 PM
Clarification:

UIT is not a military group; it is a corporation. We supply weapons and designs to various military firms across the galaxy, the principle one being the Galactic Empire-due to the fact that no other group has requested our services, as of yet.

We are not a subsidiary of TGE, and as such, UIT will not be acting as a proxy for TGE to gain more shipyards. TGE and UIT are different groups with different members and different agendas.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 16th, 2002, 04:40:57 PM
To me the UIT seems no more than a subsidiary of TGE

Statement stands. I'm personally not convinced.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 16th, 2002, 05:33:53 PM
Ok, here's how I see things. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the parallel I'm drawing.

UIT is like DARPA. Now, I've worked in conjunction with DARPA(as well as other defense contractors), and I know for a fact that it is not a subsidiary of the military or the military's own r&d. It'll work in coordination with, but it's a separate, independant entity. In fact, DARPA was created and designed to be a counterpoint to tradition thinking and practices.

Granted UIT does some things differently in their covert ops field and, but I see them to be no different than DARPA.

Khendon Sevon
Jan 16th, 2002, 05:46:08 PM
Exactly!

Zara Drecker
Jan 16th, 2002, 06:09:46 PM
Then if the NRSF decided that it needed a technology developed and it needed to contract out, would the UIT do it?

Khendon Sevon
Jan 16th, 2002, 06:49:14 PM
Yes, UIT would do it as long as it does not cause conflict with another contract.

Khendon Sevon
Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:29:24 PM
Is there a verdict?

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 22nd, 2002, 10:57:55 PM
I would like to note that not every group has to follow the same methods as the NRSF. If it is easier for UIT to keep track of their assets and production capabilities by having their own, someone will have to make a case to me as to why it can't be done because as of this moment, I have no problems with a five-member group keeping minor assets like those mentioned. The field of covert operations and related technologies is often different from more strictly military fields such as armies and navies.

Braeden Taman
Jan 22nd, 2002, 11:24:37 PM
If they are willing to work for any group as long as it does not conflict with another group, I cannot see how they can be seen as a subsidary of TGE.

Off-topic, does UIT have a board?

Khendon Sevon
Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:09:26 PM
Yes, UIT does have a board located here (http://pub19.ezboard.com/bunitedimperialtechnologies)

Khendon Sevon
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:05:53 PM
So...?

Darth Vader
Jan 30th, 2002, 07:53:01 PM
I concur with Hob/Pierce's statements in favor of UIT

imported_Firebird1
Jan 31st, 2002, 04:35:30 PM
I don't like this.

Look, it's not like each group can't have a contract with UIT, but in reality there becomes a problem of keeping it fair. Basicaly the members of UIT can't be a member of anyother group. I can't stand by and let them tell everything a group is working on to TGE anymore then I could stand by if the NSRF did the same thing.

They have to be fair with it, they can't give out any information discussed at that board, or have any connection to TGE. They have to be 100% seperate for their group to work. Otherwise it's trouble that will not go away. I think thats the biggest problem here, and it can be solved if people watch what they are doing.

Arya Ravenwing
Jan 31st, 2002, 05:10:54 PM
I could be wrong, but I doubt that they will be sharing "company" secrets with TGE. Nothing that any member of UIT has said leads me to believe that they will be unfair as they go about this grroup. I agree with EH and DV in regards to UIT. Fair is fair, as they say.

And when it comes to telling people to watch what they're doing, I've found that the most successful change one can make is within themselves. If one sets a good example in their dealings with others, then people will be more apt to also be fair in their RPing.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 31st, 2002, 11:48:54 PM
Firebird: The old Imperial Intelligence group was made up almost entirely of secondary characters, of which Sumor Rayial played one. None of TSE's secrets were mentioned except in conjunction with actions that would have possible assistance from Intel itself. There were no problems with this arrangement that I was made aware of, and it provided several fun joint-group RPs.

Having this background, and believing that people should be given at least one chance to be trusted, I believe that your concerns are not valid until UIT makes a gross breach of policy, which may not happen for some time.

imported_Firebird1
Feb 1st, 2002, 12:04:07 AM
Ok, they get their one chance.. I agree with that. I just have a bad feeling about this....

Pierce Tondry
Feb 1st, 2002, 12:08:41 AM
So did Han, but he made it out of the asteroid field alive.

NO! Don't even start! I mean, so what if he got frozen in carbonite later on? He still lived. :)

Dude! I feel like I'm Han Solo, you're Chewie, she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that f*cked up bar!

imported_Firebird1
Feb 1st, 2002, 01:19:08 AM
I'm Chewie....I guess I should shave my back then.. Growl!