PDA

View Full Version : The Curse continues?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2002, 12:12:51 AM
Either the curse is real or the Yawkee trust have mishandled this whole sale. I am thinking the latter. Just a couple of weeks ago it looked like it was over, the Sox were sold to a group led by John Henry and Tom Werner for about 700 million. Now two different people are mad and are upping their bids

http://www.boston.com/sports/redsox/sale/stories/011402_dolan_bid.htm

The Yawkee Trust have stated that they will not even consider them and I don't blame them if they did they would put themselves into a mess that would last for years in the courts. Also the State attorney General is putting his nose into trying to make a name for himself from the way it looks because he has no power to do anything as long as Baseball has the anti-trust exemption. I be glad when the owners meet in Phoenix declare Henry and company the new owners so this whole mess will be over.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2002, 09:32:17 AM
I read the title of the thread and said to myself; "This must be a Red Sox thread." They accepted a bid, then they should honor that agreement. You can't step in days later and take another offer simply because it's higher.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2002, 08:12:46 PM
How did you guess:p That is exactly what I think, these two guys seems like sore losers to me, especially Dolan, he has billions of dollars and he thinks he can get anything he wants, this other guy is using other people's money and there are questions if he even has their money (he can't seem to prove it) I am happy with the two who are buying the team they seem to be honest people who want to make the Red Sox competitive. They also want to save Fenway which is real important to me, and htey want to improve the farm system which is in real bad shape.

Hart
Jan 16th, 2002, 10:31:56 PM
<h1>LET'S GO YANKEES!!</h1>

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 16th, 2002, 11:00:45 PM
You had to bring that up into my discussion>_< I not even about to counter than and try to argue that the Red Sox would beat them next year because that is an argument that I think I will never win:D But as far as the sale goes it looks like the owners approved it unamiously, it also looks like Lorie the owner of the Expos is going to buy the Marlins and he is selling his team to MLB who is going to operate it next season. At the same time there are rumors that the team might get moved to Washington instead of being eliminated, I hope that is the plan they go with.

Hart
Jan 17th, 2002, 09:11:17 PM
I've always considered the Red Sox one of the better teams in the AL, so I'm happy to see it go to people that will take good care of it. Sorta like how new ownership revived the New York Islanders in hockey.

Naturally, I want the Yankees to win, but I want the huge rivalry to continue.

And I say just get rid of the Expos. I don't see how their presence, or absence for the matter, affect anything. And it doesn't appear they will be getting better anytime soon. Canada is a hocky nation. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 17th, 2002, 11:09:55 PM
I agree I love the rival between the two teams, it is one reason why baseball is so great. I am hoping the Red Sox win the wild card again and then meet the Yankees in the ALCS, because that would be a great series. As far as the Expos, I would rather move them because to do that contraction thing you would have to get rid of two teams, which is going to be hard. It looks like the Twins are going to be sold to somebody else so that rules them out. I guess we could do the devil Rays nobody would miss them:p Still I like the idea of moving them to Washington, Northern Virginia deserves a team.

JMK
Jan 18th, 2002, 11:48:21 PM
If I had my way, I'd buy the Expos myself and build a bloody stadium because I know it would work. :verymad

Hart
Jan 18th, 2002, 11:55:54 PM
I'd love to see the Washington Senators come back, but I hope that any potential buyers put a lot of money into the project to buy free agents. I'd like to see potential contending teams arise from that, not simply relocating a dreadful team.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 19th, 2002, 12:33:19 AM
I'm sure it would JMK unfortuntely nobody wants to do that, so the best thing to do is turn it over to somebody in NVA who wants to build a good team, (there are a couple of interested buyers in the region) hopefully they can give them there name back too.

JMK
Jan 19th, 2002, 01:12:38 AM
Plus Loria wouldn't sell to anyone local.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2002, 09:47:01 AM
Dan Duquette is due to be fired any day now. Could this signal the beginning of the end of the curse?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:54:01 PM
I hope so :) He has made some good moves (getting Pedro, trading Heathcliff Slocumb for Lowe and Varetek both very good players) but he has also ruined the minors by signing very risky prospects, hurt the character of the team by siding with that idiot Everett, and then get players like Offerman and Lansing for way more money than he deserve.