PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Lee

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2002, 11:02:55 PM
Now that most of us have seen the FOTR and Lee' performance as Saurman, what does everybody think about his role in AOTC and what kind of job he will do? Personally I am even more happy about the choice. Lee played a perfect villain and I felt like his character was truly evil. I think he will play Dooko similarly.

darth_mcbain
Jan 14th, 2002, 09:47:26 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw it. I think that Lee is an excellent addition to the SW Universe. I kept thinking that he plays a "charasmatic separatist", and I felt that he had tons of charisma in FOTR. He just has a great screen presence, and I'm looking forward to his portrayal of Count Dooku.

Hart
Jan 14th, 2002, 03:27:43 PM
I have yet to see CL in action. In general, I've been a huge fan of Ian McKellan and wouldn't have minded him being in AOTC.

Gav Mortis
Jan 17th, 2002, 01:40:17 PM
Lee was fantastic in FOTR - it's those penetrating eyes he has and that deep voice; he plays a terrific villain. I just hope AOTC will score at lot less on the Cheesy-ometer, I'd hate to see Lee's acting expertise go to waste.

darth_mcbain
Jan 17th, 2002, 02:58:56 PM
Somehow I don't think there will be a high cheesiness factor in AOTC. Lucas himself has stated that this film is much darker in nature and there will be some serious events going on in the galaxy - I think we'll be seeing a more serious movie with less cheesy moments, especially from Lee, whose screen presence demands more serious scenes than light - cheesy ones.

Jedieb
Jan 17th, 2002, 06:16:23 PM
Lee played one of the best Bond villians EVER in the man with Golden Gun. He's a great character actor and he shines as a villian. That he is still in demand at his age is a testament to his talent. He's going to make a great SW villian. He'll creep us out without any horns, tatoos, or jet packs.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 17th, 2002, 06:37:58 PM
That is exactly my opinion, and I can't wait to see his first scene in AOTC.

Hart
Jan 17th, 2002, 09:04:34 PM
I actually like the cheesiness factor in Lucas movies. I think that's part of the charm.